Can I trust my pregnancy test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2003, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

I am new here and have been TTC #2 (my ds is 2). I just had a "feeling", so I bought a 2-pack of the generic EPT tests this morning. I did both of them and both showed a pale blue line after 5 mins. or so.

My date of my LMP was Jan. 8 and I have 35 day cycles so I seem to be around 10 days late.

For some reason, I am having a hard time believing the tests! Can someone tell me whether or not false positives are common? Or could I be "doing" something that could make it a false positive? I have been sick with a lingering cold for the past 3 weeks....could that have anything to do with it??? I am still breastfeeding my ds...could that have anything to do with it????

I guess I am still in a bit of shock for some reason. I want someone to tell me that "yes, dear you are probably pregnant"!

What do you all think???

Thanks in advance,
Don't know why I am being so goofy over this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2003, 12:47 AM

I think congratulations are in order. I took three tests just to *make sure* with ds#1. Maybe you just need time to let it sink in that you are PREGNANT.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:51 AM

Hi! I totally trust e.p.t. brand and Confirm One Step but not Equate. I got a false positive with Equate when I was not preggo.

I hope you are preggo!
Old 02-22-2003, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, I have never heard of a false positive. I am sure you wouldn't get two in a row though!! Congratulations!!

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 02-22-2003, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks you guys! I sure hope it is true!! Think it might just take a bit to sink in
Old 02-22-2003, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lilyka
Wow, I have never heard of a false positive. I am sure you wouldn't get two in a row though!! Congratulations!!
Yup, and another mom here at mothering got false positives with Equate and she isn't preggo. Not worth the $$ savings IMO.

Anyway, congrats!
Old 02-22-2003, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by busybusymomma
Yup, and another mom here at mothering got false positives with Equate and she isn't preggo. Not worth the $$ savings IMO.
That's me. Positive on the Equate but negaitve on the EPT. Go down to your doc and get a blood HCG to wase your mind. You could also try one of the name brand tests. I know they are more expensive but I have learned my lesson about trying to be cheap on HPTs.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice about the "generic" tests...I bought them at Safeway. They were Safeway brand and supposed to be the same as EPT test (wand like with the dipstick to get urine on...you get a red line if you did the test right and a blue line if it is positive).

I will probably be getting the blood test next week but would like to think that my home tests were accurate:

Thanks again for sharing your experiences

User Tag List