A question to 2nd time around mama's who are around 3 months prego - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 02-23-2003, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I posted a message quite a few weeks ago about measuring big for my dates. It turns out I have a fibroid.

But...........I wanted to compare notes with those who are about 3 months.

Just curious as to where the top of your uterous is sitting. I'm 12 weeks and it's just below my belly button! I read in a pregnancy book it should be just above the pelvic bone??

I know you tend to show much earlier with a second.. I can still get into my jeans, but need an elastic to keep the buttons together.

Thanks for your replies!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-23-2003, 08:28 PM

I'm ten weeks, sometimes mine feels like it's just above my pubic bone, other times I'm not sure.

I can't/don't button my pants, it's more of a quesyness feeling than fit, although they are getting tight, but anything touching my stomach makes me totally sick.

As far as fit and general size of my body that I'm about 4 weeks ahead of where I was last time.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#3 of 7 Old 02-23-2003, 08:42 PM

Well, I am pg with # 5 and my uterus is about halfway between my pelvic bone and my belly button. Actually that was 2 weeks ago. Now it seems more like 3/4 of the way. Not far from what you are describing. I am due August 17th.
#4 of 7 Old 02-23-2003, 09:44 PM

well, this is baby #3 and i'm 16 wks.

i'm measuring 4 weeks ahead, but i'm pretty sure i have a fibroid too. I remember at my one year postpardum appt from my last that the doc did a vag u/s cuz she thought my uterus felt enlarged and said that i had one. We'll find out for sure at the u/s next month tho.

anyway my uterus at 14.5 wks at my midwife appt was just below the bellybutton. I can feel it at my bellybutton now.

i think its a fibroid thing. either that, or we both are carrying twins! LOLOL. or very very large babies !?
my 13wk belly shot is in this link below in my sig line. I am HUGE!
#5 of 7 Old 02-23-2003, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Twins is definitely ruled out, that's why I'm so freaked out about measuring so big. I mean....how big does a fibroid get??? Yikes!

Deb
#6 of 7 Old 02-23-2003, 10:17 PM

I'm glad I am not the only one who is larger this time around. Last pg I didn't even show until past 20 weeks and had hardly gained at all. This time I have been obviously showing since 8 or 9 weeks and unable to fit into many of my clothes since before them. I am up 2-4 sizes I don't know exact measurements though as I am having an unassisted preg. and birth this time around. I figure the baby will be born when its ready and will be just the right size no matter what (and if dh gets his wish it'll be twins).
Laurie

#7 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 03:00 PM

b'h

just curiouisty...dd2 is 3 months...i don't recall being able to feel the size of the uterus myself that early...

?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page