Help...I'm in pain!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi There...

This is my first time posting on this board... I've only posted on the diapering so far. I need some help with pelvic pain.

I'm 37w4d pg and for the last 3 days I have been dealing with unbearable pelvic pain..I can barely walk and today I can't even lift my right leg to walk..I'm shuffling my way around. My dr. told me to soak in the tub which I have been doing..It feels great while I'm in the tub but as soon as I get out I'm back to where I started. I have a 3yr old and can't sit in the tub all day!!

I have a high tolerance for pain but it's getting to where I'm in tears because I can't do anything but sit on the couch..

I go in on 3/06 for a c-section but I can't imagine going 10 more days with this pain..Does anyone have any ideas what I can do for relief?? I put a call into the dr. but I thought I'd try you guys!!

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 06:42 PM

Where is the pain, exactly?

My first thought was whether your baby has "dropped," if you're carrying lower than you had been, and your preparing-for-labor hormone, Relaxin, could be allowing your pelvic bones to separate a bit in front?

Have you had this pain before, during or after your first delivery?

DIYer mama to DD 11/00 and DS 6/05- both intact, naturally!
...missing Mothering Magazine...

#3 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 07:11 PM

Doesn't sound like the same thing but a friend of mine had terrible back pain during her second pregnancy - came on without warning. She had not been drinking enough water. I told her to drink a lot for 24 hours and go see the doc if that didn't help. She called me the next day saying it was a miracle! She had been in terrible pain and it just went away when she drank enough water. I think she was dehydrated and her body was having trouble making enough amniotic fluid. Do we replenish that or am I just making up a theory here... Couldn't hurt. Drink a big glass every couple of hours and see how it goes. I feel for you - good luck.
Kirsten
#4 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 07:18 PM

Hmmm...I had that...the day before I went into labor. Dunno if it that is the same type of pain you are having...but that's how mine was...
#5 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 08:37 PM

Could it be sciatica? I had this when I was pregnant, but quite a bit earlier in the pregancy. What helped me was a trip to the osteopath. Others find chiropractic helpful. Oh, and acupuncture provided temporary pain relief.
#6 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 11:12 PM

Weekly chiropractic appts at the end of my last pregnancy were the only way I was able to walk around (and run after my older kids....).

Good luck!

Mama to four great girls: 14 , 12 , 7 and 4
#7 of 7 Old 02-24-2003, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had unbearable pelvic pain like that. i htought I was in for a sucky 5 weeks and had my baby that afternoon. I was 37 weeks. It had hurt pretty bad for a few weeks leading up to it and was simply unbearable the morning I had her.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page