shortness of breath with contractions-what is this,and what does it mean? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-03-2006, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had some serious braxton-hicks the last few days(I'm 37 weeks now).But I feel them starting in my throat,lungs,respritory area before my muscles feel tight,then as muscles get into a good pull the air gets shallow,and a few times I've actually coughed for air.This is starting to worry me.Will I not be able to breathe in labor?Do I have a clot or a tumor or a slow almost stroke?I'm only 27 and considered quite healthy.We are planning a homebirth,and the mw said it could just be the baby pushing on my diaphram or something.I don't want to put her career in jeopardy for me not knowing what this really could be.Any ideas?I've never had asthma,or anything.I'm going to call and run it by a trusted naturopath in the morning,if I don't go into labor tonight...

Has anyone ever heard of or had a similar experience?

:::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-04-2006, 07:10 PM

I was hoping to see some replies. You described exactly how my contractions felt up until my water broke. Bizarre feeling. FWIW, it didnt' feel like that after my water broke.
T

hh2.gif

#3 of 3 Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 PM

That's so strange. That's how my b/h contrax feel too. My face also gets all hot like there is blood rushing to it. I am having a homebirth too (HBAC) and I am really hoping that "real" labor does not feel this way b/c I am not sure I will be able to relax if I am feeling like this!! I told a nurse about this with my first labor and she said maybe I was holding my breath. I keep forgetting to mention it to my m/w. Let me know if either of y'all find anything out!

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page