Has anyone taken Birthin From Within classes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2003, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm interested in becoming a childbirth educator and am considering learning this method. Any comments or criticisms of the course? Thanks.

"We shape the clay into a pot but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want" Lao Tzu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2003, 01:43 AM

My s-i-l went to one class and did not like it at all. They were having everyone talk about their birth experiences (from when their mothers had them) and draw pictures about it. Everyone in the class was emotional and crying and she felt very out of place.

I like the book though!
Old 03-02-2003, 04:58 AM

IMO, Birthing From Within and Birthworks are the 2 best CE courses out there, because they really emphasize that each woman knows how best to birth her baby, and instead of only concentrating on breathing and positioning, they focus on building women's trust in themselves, their bodies.

I haven't taken either of these classes, but know instructors of each and I actually have friends who teach Bradley and Lamaze, but emphasize women's birth empowerment.

Congratulations to you for choosing to make a difference to so many women.

I'll add that the 2 things I wish I'd done to better prepare for my son's birth (a great homebirth, btw) are take yoga and actually do the art exercises in BFW. Well, make it 3, I also wish I'd done a belly cast - and gotten a sling before he was born. Yikes- I'll stop now before I reevaluate too much!

Good luck.

User Tag List