HCG levels 66 at 10 dpo... Update: 1400 at 17 dpo!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-17-2006, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to go get retested on 16 dpo. Just wondering if this was high or low.

Now, I know it's high!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM

There is a huge range of normal with hcg numbers, and yours definitely falls in the normal range. It is a little on the high side, but I wouldn't read anything into that (unless you're undergoing fertility treatment and have a reason to suspect multiples). What matters most about hcg levels is the way in which they increase. They should double at least every 48 hours. In the very beginning of pregnancy, most people will have levels that double every 30 hours, but as long as they are doubling within 48 hours, it's a good sign.

With my twin pregnancy, my hcg level was 405 at 14 dpo, and with my singleton pregnancy, my level was 237 at 13 dpo. Both of these levels were higher than average (even the twin level was high for twins, and my singleton level was average for twins), so I must just be someone who makes a lot of hcg!

But a higher-than-average level is usually a good sign of a sticky pregnancy.

Congratulations!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:45 PM

There is a huge range of normal

With my DD, I had an hcg count of 56 at 10dpo, and was told that was low. But DD is here and perfectly healthy

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
Old 05-17-2006, 06:24 PM

I had a count of 114 on 12dpo. My doc said my draw on 14dpo was high but still within the normal range. He never gave me that number though, I will have to ask him about that on my next visit.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I got the results of hcg at 17 dpo. 1400!!!!!! WOW! That's high! It's doubling at a rate of approximately every 38 hours.

Is there any info on odds of twins based on hcg rates?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:43 PM

Your odds of having twins with high hcg levels are certainly better than the odds of having twins with low hcg levels, but I don't think there's any definitive "you have a 50% chance of having twins" kind of information based on hcg levels alone. If you've undergone fertility treatment, or have a history of twins in your family, then high hcg levels are an indicator that you could be having twins.

Are you compltely sure of your date of conception? Even being one day off makes a big difference in this situation. I definitely wouldn't read too much into the levels regardless.

Like I said before, my level last time was 405 on 14 dpo with twins, and I was convinced I was having twins because of it (I had also taken clomid, and just had a feeling that I would conceive twins). This time, my level was 237 at 13 dpo, and 1037 at 16 dpo (doubling rate of 30.9 hours, so would have been a little less than 2000 at 17 dpo), and I again suspected twins, but I'm just having one baby. Perhaps this baby implanted early, or maybe I'm just a super hcg maker!

If you suspect twins, you can have an early u/s (twins should show by 6 weeks).

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

No fertility treatments. Twins do run in my family. I am ABSOLUTELY positive of when we conceived. We had intercourse only two days in several weeks... the day I ovulated, and the day after I ovulated.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_work_in_progress
I got the results of hcg at 17 dpo. 1400!!!!!! WOW! That's high! It's doubling at a rate of approximately every 38 hours.

Is there any info on odds of twins based on hcg rates?
You can speculate, but it doesn't mean anything really.

My betas:

14DPO = 339
16DPO = 952
18DPO = 2679

These are definitely twin range betas, and I had similar betas with my last pregnancy. But singletons both times with very early ultrasounds to confirm, so no vanishing twin.

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3

User Tag List