Faint Positive Hpt..then Negative Heeeeeelp!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-18-2006, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Everyone..yesterday I Took A Hpt And I Got A Very Very Faint Positive..i Took Another Today Different Brand And It Was Negative..has This Happend To Anyone Who Was Really Pregnant??
#2 of 5 Old 05-18-2006, 10:18 PM

It hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to a friend of mine. Various brands have different levels of sensitivity. So you probably took a test that wasn't as sensitive as the first. I would buy another one of the first tests and try again in the morning
#3 of 5 Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

thank u for the response..actually the 1st 1 i took was a e.p.t. which supposably has a sensitivity level of 40 mIUs ...then the one i took today was a aim midstream with a sensitivity level of 20 mIUs..so im confused im waiting til the morning to take another..wish me luck
#4 of 5 Old 05-20-2006, 02:39 AM

With my first, I got a faint positive with a First Response and went to the doc to have it confirmed. I had a lot of water to drink, so my urine was diluted and the first test I took there was a negative. Then I waited about 30 minutes and tried again and got another faint +.

With my second, I took a First response and got a faint +. The next day I took the other one from the same box and got a -. So I bought a couple different kinds (I had saved my FMU in a cup) and tested. i got another negative with answer early but a positive with a digital test (I think clearblue, but I'm not 100% sure). I had a blood test within the hour and had an HCG of 46.

When you're really early in your pregnancy, you have a pretty low amount of HCG in your system, and even though the tests may say they test a certain level, they test anywhere up to that level. So possibly with your first test your urine was more concentrated, or the test registered at 10 mIU's or something. Or maybe the second test was faulty. You're much more likely to be pregnant with even a faint + than you are to not be pregnant. Good luck, and congrats!
#5 of 5 Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

thank for the response..i actually had 6 of the high sensitivity test and have taken all 6 im goin nuts!! well out of all the 6 i went back in2 the garbage and looked at all of them and only has a very faint but pink line..dont know if maybe its a evap..i only took one with morning urine so dont know if it can be the same one..and i didnt sit there and wait the three mins..so im confused..today the line is still pink and still there..very faint but you can see it..i have a appt on tuesday and hopefully they can confirm if i am or not...i really hope i am!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page