Baby still not here... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-03-2003, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
should I even be worrying about it? Doing something about it?

I'm just wondering if I should let myself obsess about it or just be confident that when its time it'll all work out? I'm not even a week overdue yet, so worrying too much is just silliness, right?

They midwife did a non-stress test thursday, because she was worried when the babies HR was 110. The test was done and she seemed reassured that all was well, baby's base HR is 120. She ordered an amniotic index, which I didn't want to do, but since she seemed concerned I accepted it. No one's called, so I guess all is well.

So should I be actively doing something or should I just be going about my daily business? What would you/did you do?

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#2 of 9 Old 03-03-2003, 06:51 PM

I don't have any personal experience since I'm pregnant for the first time, but I have a friend who went 2+ weeks beyond her due date. Her doc had her in every couple days for a non- stress test and that made her more worried than being late! (even though the results were always fine) I'm sure everything is fine. It's definitely not uncome to go beyond your due date. I would maybe call your midwife to find out the results of the amniotic index. Then you're not guessing that everything is ok. Good luck! I hope you can enjoy these last few days before your beautiful baby arrives!
#3 of 9 Old 03-03-2003, 07:32 PM

Just remember that a due date is an estimate, an average - some women go two weeks before the date others two weeks after and you will most likely fall somewhere in those boundaries. So I'm sure that you're baby will be fine and come when he/she is ready.
#4 of 9 Old 03-04-2003, 04:19 PM

Ah, Lea. There's nothing like being very preggo is there?

Did you know that the length of the average first pregnancy is 41 weeks (not 40!). That's average... means some are longer and some are shorter.

My friend/coworker went to 41 weeks with #1 and 42 weeks with #2. Her mom had six babies and five of them were 'late'. Some women just carry their babies longer... or maybe it's just that they O later in their cycle etc.

#5 of 9 Old 03-04-2003, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamapenelope

I send you gentle rocking-chair moments of journaling these final days.
Oh what a nice image. Beautiful, beautiful.

Sending you labor vibes. Your baby just needs to "cook" a wee bit longer.

Jesse
Mama to Violet and Zoe
Born at home!
#6 of 9 Old 03-05-2003, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Woo! Looks like we're having a baby today! Been having contractions all morning since 5am and I'm dilated to a 3, 80%efaced. This is good news as my amniotic fluid level index showed a big drop today from what it was friday.

Yay!

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#7 of 9 Old 03-05-2003, 05:08 PM

Happy birthing! Trust your body to do what it knows how to do. And post your birth story when you feel up to it!

Congratulations!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#8 of 9 Old 03-05-2003, 05:10 PM

Yay!

#9 of 9 Old 03-05-2003, 05:56 PM

CONGRATS! I love knowing that someone is in labor at this very moment! Sending you beautiful birthing thoughts!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page