5w - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-04-2003, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm expecting my first baby at the end of July. My midwife recommends that all of her clients take 5W during the last five weeks of their pregnancies.

I don't know much about herbs. Can anyone direct me to a good website where I can learn more about this? Or does anyone have experience taking this supplement at the end of their pregnancy? My understanding is that it is a combination of Black Cohosh, Squawvine, Dong Quai, Butchers Broom, and Red Raspberry.

Thanks!

Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-04-2003, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have only just heard of this... there was a thread a while back (lets see if I did this right) -- http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...ghlight=cohosh

I'll check my link here...
#3 of 3 Old 03-04-2003, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I took it. I don't know if this is a result of the herbs or just luck but I had my baby at 38 weeks (early but not too early) after 4 hours of completely painless labor. I pushed 4 times. I only took them for 2 weeks. I know if i get pregnant again I will definitely be taking them.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page