Back to Back pregnancies, and Start of labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just wondering if it may be possible to go into labor earlier since my pregnancies were back to back. I know they like to give your body time to get back in shape before you get pregnant again, and I didn't, and was wondering if there was any moms out there with back to back pregnancies and if their second baby had come earlier than the first?

Thanks in advance,
Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 AM

I got pregnant with Lydia when Celeste was 7 mos old. I went 12 days past due with Lydia, but it was my fastest labor by far. I got pregnant with William when Lydia was 8 mos old. William was 8 days late.

Oh, and my oldest, Celeste, was born on her due date.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:31 AM

I'm interested in hearing from others on this as well! My babies will be 14 months apart.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:56 PM

: I 'll be watching this one! My babies will be 14 months apart as well!

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 PM

My oldest two are 14 months apart and I went 26 days overdue with my second and had a longer labour... So it didn't work for me. However my third (17 months after #2) came 28 days early with a really fast labour.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:46 PM

Well, my first two are 10 months apart & I went into labor at 24 weeks with my 2nd. Luckily with bedrest & medication she stayed in there until 39 weeks. They never found a reason for the preterm labor & my OB thought it was most likely due to the fact that the pregnancies were so close. However, dd2 & dd3 are 12 months apart & dd3 was full term with no preterm labor at all. I think the most important thing to remember when having back to back pg's is to take really good care of yourself because your body is under a lot of extra strain, especially if you are nursing. So rest when your baby rests & make sure to eat well & exercise.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM

Mine will be 13 months apart.

Now, I know there is a slight risk of preterm labor when having such close pregnancies - but I firmly believe that if you take care of yourself, eat healthy, etc. you should be perfectly fine.

Oh! And it's nice to see other mommas out there with kids as close as mine will be. This was not an unplanned pregnancy... and people think we're nuts.

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 PM

Yeah...I'm not the only one! I'll also be having mine 14 months apart! My dd turns 1 on Thursday, and her brother is due exactly two weeks after that! She came one day early, but we'll see how this one goes! I am thinking either 2 weeks early, or 2 weeks late.....I don't really believe the doctor's due date, and since I was still nursing full-time when I got pregnant, I have no clue when that could have been (also add in sleep deprived!)
Old 06-06-2006, 02:22 AM

My friend had babies 16 months apart, and went til 42 weeks with the second one. I don't think close spacing necessarily means the second babe will come early.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

Old 06-06-2006, 07:37 PM

My brother and I are only 16 months apart. I'm the younger and mom went 42 weeks with me. So she went later.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

User Tag List