share early pregnancy symptoms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I am 5 dpo and I have felt pregnant since the day after ovulation. I have a very calm feeling inside, my nipples are sore, and I keep getting a nervous feeling in my stomach. I was wondering if you could share with me if you knew this soon, and what symptoms/signs you had. Thank you!
#2 of 32 Old 06-17-2006, 09:02 PM

I just got a BFP yesterday, by the end of last week I could smell everything. Like, I could smell dry cat food from across the room, and I nearly vomited at the smell of just-thawed chicken.

But, pg or no, I'm always prone to nausea.
#3 of 32 Old 06-17-2006, 11:18 PM

Before I got a pos test, I thought I looked very pale for some reason. A friend of mine said she knew I was pg with DS before I told her, and thought I looked the same this time, even when my first test was neg! I was a little suspicious when my usual morning coffee did not sit well. That happened both times, before I tested positive!
#4 of 32 Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 PM

I kept burping. Not ground rumbling belches, just little burps that would come out of nowhere. I also had a craving for ginger ale - something I hardly ever drank.
#5 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 11:42 AM

My gums would bleed when I brushed my teeth, and I had a lot of nosebleeds all of a sudden. Apparently your mucus membranes can get sensitive during pg. This was all before I noticed nausea or a missed period.
#6 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned

One of the first things I noticed during my pregnancies was that my eyes were constantly dialated.
#7 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 PM

I had sore breasts, but that is also an AF symptom for me. I also had AF-like cramping a few days before AF was due (and I am very regular, so that never happens). I actually ran to the bathroom thinking that my period was starting, but nothing. Around the time my period was due, I started having moments of dizziness and nausea. The other thing that I noticed way early -- probably close to 7 DPO, was that my ability to exercise changed. I was used to heart rate training, and would stay in the 160-180 range, but my body almost wouldn't let me go above 150. I knew pg was a possibility, so I didn't push it, and would keep my HR lower. Also before I tested (2 days past missed AF), I would periodically have a pain in my left lower abdomen (implantation?). This continued off and on till about 5w, and came up again at around 12w.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#8 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 PM

On Implantation Day I get really, really nauseous and often throw up. Fortunately, that's the only bout of morning sickness I get!
#9 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 12:41 PM

One of the first things I noticed was a bad (different than normal) taste in my mouth in the morning, then of course the morning sickness came about a month later.
#10 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 12:44 PM

both times my first symptom was diarrhea.
#11 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 06:36 PM

My first symptom is being able to see my veins... especially the ones in my chest....
And besides a bit of Fatigue (that could be just normal parenting fatigue) I had no other symptoms...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#12 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 06:49 PM

My one and only symptom before I missed my period was constipation - an issue I've never had a problem with in the past - should have been a big red flag - otherwise nothing. Just felt like my period was going to start anytime!
#13 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 PM

What about weird dreams!? I had a bunch of weird dreams about having a baby before getting my positive test.

Nursing bras should not double as birth control!
#14 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 PM

Extreme Hunger very quickly.
I was outeating anyone at the table (very unusual)
#15 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 08:30 PM

Bad heartburn that woke me up in the middle of the night (weird in early pregnancy I know) and AF-like cramps, but extremely mild ones. Also, I felt a lot of little twinges, implantation maybe?

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#16 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 11:36 PM

Hopefully this is not a bad sign . . .I am worried about it . . .but I seriously feel Braxton Hicks contractions, esp. when DD nurses. It seems so crazy considering that I am just 11 DPO (but tested BFP at 10 DPO).

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#17 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizelenius
Hopefully this is not a bad sign . . .I am worried about it . . .but I seriously feel Braxton Hicks contractions, esp. when DD nurses. It seems so crazy considering that I am just 11 DPO (but tested BFP at 10 DPO).
I've been having that same sensation since the get go with this pregnancy. I'm 8w2d, just had an ultrasound last week, and everything's fine here. I think it's just the uterus expanding, and the muscles responding.
#18 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Extreme hunger was my biggest indicator both times! DH knew I was pregnant the second time about 2 weeks before I was willing to test and admit it. He made me go get a test.

The first time, my breasts were very sore, as well, but not at all the second time.

And for me, my stomach goes haywire, like constipated one day, diarrhea the next, mostly due to milk issues. That is a red flag for me, before a positive test even.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#19 of 32 Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
How interesting that we all have such different first symptoms!

My first symptom of pregnancy is that my waist expands *immediately* (like within 5-10dpo), so all of my pants are tight. This has happened with both pregnancies. With my first, my parents came over for lunch, and I was wearing sweatpants instead of jeans. I was 9dpo. My mom told my dad on the way home that she thought I was pregnant and that "the waist is the first thing to go!". She was right! I didn't test until a few days later. That preg, I was in maternity pants (after outgrowing the rubberband trick) by 8 weeks. This preg, I was in maternity pants by 5 weeks. I'm sure if there's a third, I'll be in maternity like 5 minutes after conception takes place.

The other symptom I get fairly early is slight nausea. I usually get it around 7-8dpo. I can eat normally and such, but I just feel a tad bit of nausea. Of course, that symptom comes when I have sinus drainage too, so the expanding waistline is the better indicator of pregnancy for me.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#20 of 32 Old 06-20-2006, 09:10 AM

thrush... both time i got pregnant, i had thrush about 2 or 3 days after conception
#21 of 32 Old 06-20-2006, 10:46 AM

For me it was total exhaustion ... falling asleep on the couch at 8pm while watching a very loud action movie.

And also producing more heat than I normally do. I know that isn't actually supposed to show up until later in pregnancy, but it was one of the things that made me stop and go, "Could I be ... ?)

unbelievably proud mother to Darwin 11-22-2006
#22 of 32 Old 06-20-2006, 10:22 PM

I had what I like to refer as 'gaggy throat' - had to constantly clear my throat. I burped even with drinking water. I also had this 'tugging/pulling' on my left upper side of my stomach. Normally AF cramps were lower and on the right for me.

Good Luck! Sending you lots of
#23 of 32 Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 PM

when I'm sure I'm not pregnant... I am!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#24 of 32 Old 06-20-2006, 11:01 PM

Paranoia, nervousness, bi-polar-ish behavior, decreased appetite, and basically I'm just an all around nasty bitch when I'm first pregnant. The second trimester is the worst. I've been known to get violent during those weeks for unknown reasons. I'm 34 weeks and very happy and glowing and love being pregnant now
#25 of 32 Old 06-20-2006, 11:48 PM

With both, my first symptom was dreams about pregnancy. More cramping then normal for AF, really tender breasts. This time, I ignored the dream because we were going to start TTC in June, so babies were on my mind. It was when the seatbelt made my breasts/nipples super sore that I knew something was up. I also had alot of cervical mucus, caused me to feel like I was starting AF and I was really, really bitchy. I actually didn't even test until I was 6wk3days, so I am not very reliable about early symptoms!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#26 of 32 Old 11-26-2008, 11:07 PM

2dpo- my boobs started hurting (usually don't hurt until the 11th day before period
3dpo- bloating
5dpo- Bloating/Nausea
6dpo- Nausea/Leg Cramping
8dpo- Very Vivid Dreams/Fast Heart Beat/Lower Back Pain
9dpo- Stabbing Stomach Pains/My nipples felt like they were on fire
10dpo- Positive Test Result

My periods are horrible so I have no other choice than to listen to my body. So when my breasts started hurting early, and I started having nausea and cramping I knew I was pregnant. Hope this helps I know I appreciated this site during the longest week of my life!
#27 of 32 Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 PM

I got suuper crampy...like my period was going to come any day for the whole 3rd week. I finally took a test BECAUSE I was so crampy :-). At about week 4, my boobs were ridiculously sore (which never happens to me), and I was drinking HUGE amounts of water because I was so thirsty all the time. Luckily, the whole smelling everything and nausea phase didn't kick in until the 6th week!

My baby is a TODDLER?!!! 12-28-08       toddler.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifblogging.jpg
#28 of 32 Old 11-27-2008, 01:03 AM

Mine is some of the same as others have posted:

Extremely tired all of a sudden where I *need* to sleep in the middle of the day.
Cramping that I can feel/notice more than a regular period.
Bloating, feeling fat.
More discharge that at first makes me think I am going to get my period but then I don't.

All of this is about 5-7 days *before* my period is due.

Mama to 5 boys, 1 girl, and 2 dogs!
I'm getting sick of this world, I may need to live on a commune some where! I miss nursing!!!
#29 of 32 Old 11-27-2008, 02:09 AM

I knew about 5-6 DPO. I had nausea, was really tired, my nipples were really sore when DS nursed, and I suddenly couldn't stand the smell or taste of wine or coffee. As a PP mentioned, my belly relaxed outward around 1 week after missing AF. Back into my pregnancy sweatpants I go!

I had the same symptoms with my first pregnancy except my belly didn't expand as rapidly.

I'm so glad to see so many women who knew right away. When I tell friends and coworkers, they look at me as if I'm "stretching the truth" but don't want to contradict the pregnant lady! BTW, my DH picked up on it about 8 DPO even though I didn't say anything.

: DS - June '07 : DS2 - May '09 : (may be delayed a really long time!)
#30 of 32 Old 11-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone had what seemed like a "24 hr. flu" around 6 dpo? I didn't really have any other symptoms, just threw up everything I ate. But I would feel fine in between.

I wasn't trying, but there's a definitely potential that I could be.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page