Hypnobirthing classes - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 06-18-2006, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else taking Hypnobirthing class or have a great experience with it?

I took it and had a great time with my first dd. I attribute our wonderful birth to Hypnobirthing and being in the water. But I haven't met anyone else...

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 AM

I took it with my second and found it lacking. The scripts are very short. But we did not end up using it during labor anyhow. LOL It was very very expensive too.
#3 of 8 Old 06-18-2006, 02:58 PM

We took a hypnobirthing class during my first pregnancy. The class met four times and we read the book and practiced regularly. I REALLY liked it! Our birth wasn't quite like what the videos depicted but I got a lot out of it and definitely used some of the techniques -- and had a wonderful birth experience. I very much benefited from learning how to get into a state of deep relaxation. I think it was extremely helpful and we'll be using some of the techniques again for this second birth.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula

#4 of 8 Old 06-18-2006, 11:26 PM

I'm curious, did everyone take a local class or a correspondence type class like Hypnobabies? I am sure that like everything, there are some classes that are great and some that are not so swift.

I plan to take a hypnobirthing class this time around. We are in the LA area, so we will probably take a class with a teacher and other couples if we can find one reasonably close. I need to start doing some research on that though as far as which class we want to do. I can just do a "class" with my doula, but I'm not sure if I want to do it with her or with someone else.
#5 of 8 Old 06-18-2006, 11:26 PM

We took the class and I loved it. I'm on my dh's laptop and I can't use this keyboard. I will be back when I get home.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#6 of 8 Old 06-18-2006, 11:30 PM

I took a class in West Hills (Teresa Van Zeller) and it was INCREDIBLE!
Here is Teresa's website.
http://www.hypno-birthing.com/

I had a painFREE 18-20 hour hospital labor with my first.

My 2nd was a homebirth (less than 6 hours?) and I felt a little discomfort. I credit that to being nervous about having her at home!

I * highly * recommend her class! She had real life stories of her own clients, and that gave me a lot of self-confidence.

RosesToys, people were driving from Santa Barbara for Teresa 6 years ago. Now there are more HB/doula instructors, but I guarantee you, anybody in the LA area took the class (Marie Mongan's original HypnoBirthing class) from her, since she is a master teacher of Mongan's class.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
#7 of 8 Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM

we just "graduated" from hypno-birthing class. so far i have been able to use the techniques, but can give a full report after we have had the baby.
#8 of 8 Old 06-19-2006, 01:58 PM

Eh

I think it helps if you are a person susceptible to hypnosis. I went into my labor believing in hypnobirthing, but I just am not terribly susceptible to hypnosis. I found the jacuzzi is what got me as far as I could go, before the midwife finally said (after 2 full days of labor) "okay, let's go to the hospital"

When you are able to go under hypnosis, I think hypnobirthing is MARVELOUS. Wish I was one of those people

j.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page