Are menstrual-like cramps contractions? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-02-2006, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 37 weeks, and yesterday I was feeling extremely mild menstrual-like cramps on and off all day for like 30 seconds, and then this morning, I felt them again a little bit stronger, and lasting a tad longer, like maybe 1 and 1/2 minutes. They aren't regular and feel exactly like period cramps. Are these contractions?

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#2 of 8 Old 07-02-2006, 09:28 AM

Sounds like mild contractions but I've always had prodromal labor for weeks with all of my pregnancies (started at 33.5 weeks with this one) and had cramps and contractions, sometimes pretty painful, without going into labor.
#3 of 8 Old 07-02-2006, 12:24 PM

Sounds like it could be prodromal labor that will go on for another few weeks or it could be that you will be in labor in the next few days. If it is the real thing, they will continue, develop a pattern, get stronger & you may start having some bloody show, then I would get excited. Try & relax, drink lots of water. Good luck!!!
#4 of 8 Old 07-02-2006, 08:12 PM

That's how my labor started, just felt like I was starting to get my period with cramps, but mine started out pretty regularly, maybe 7 or 10 minutes apart and for me they started about 24 hours before I actually delivered.

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#5 of 8 Old 07-02-2006, 09:54 PM

My last pregnancy I was pretty crampy the last few weeks but when *real* contractions hit, there was no mistaking them.
#6 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 04:13 AM

That's normal for the last few weeks of pregnancy. I was crampy for about a week before the due date and then on the due date I thought I was in labour, but it was the contractions starting in earnest (inactive labour) and two days later I went into active labour.

I think that's one reason there are so many medicated births... women medicate their period cramps away and those are meant (I think) to prepare us for childbirth. Not having the preparation leads women to medicate the childbirth too...

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#7 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 08:24 PM

With DD#2 I had them at 10 pm and she was born at 5:45 am.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#8 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 09:44 PM

well theres contractions and CONTRACTIONS... Your body's getting ready but its still planning to wait! Trust me when it's done waiting it will let you know with contractions that you don't have to wonder about! It will be okay!

Kali

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page