Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in the kitchen..
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i don't know what the frik i was thinking but i was wiping down the heater while it was ON with a wet cloth. i always, always, always unplug appliances before cleaning them but somehow my brain missed this. i got shocked but didn't think anything of it -- at that stage i didn't realise the damn thing was on. resumed wiping and got shocked again. realised it was on and turned the 'on' button off. resumed wiping and got shocked AGAIN. my mum was over at that time and she started freaking at that point and then i thought to pull the plug out (duh, i know). resumed wiping, no more shocks.
i forgot about it until later tonight when i told dh and OMG he FREAKED and i said "i'm fine, i'm fine, whats the big deal?" and he said "the BABY!!!!!!" and i was like "oh......"
and just a few minutes before i told him about that incident, i was complaining about how the little munchkin has been really quiet today and it's so unlike her to be quiet...
my little munchkin is a constant mover and kicker - from morning till night. and there has been very little movements after my shock and now i'm scared. it's been almost 12 hours since.
i thought about going to the ER then said they'd probably laugh at me for getting worked up over this... plus with a monkey toddler, it's hard to sit around and wait for a doc to be available..
my midwife is very low intervention.. and they don't have monitoring devices at the birthing center (other than a doppler). so there is no point in going there for monitoring...
wwyd? does this warrant some fetal monitoring in your opinion or am i overreacting? i'm 21 weeks.