Spotting question? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my 3rd baby.

With #1 I bleed (like a period) the first month. (we think he was a twin and the other did not make it)

With #2 I rember some spotting

this is #3 and maybe #4 (Had an ultra sound due to ovulation pains, found I had 2 eggs release)

I have not had any bleeding and the test was +

Does everyone have spotting?
Thanks
Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 06:37 AM

Hi - I had implantation bleeding with my first, and a bit of spotting throughout the first trimester (was told it was a fragile cervix causing it). It really worried me at the time.

With #2 (and now with #3) I had no spotting at all - not even implantation spotting.

So it's perfectly normal to not have any spotting - nothing to worry about!

Congrats on your pregnancy!
#3 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 11:44 AM

I had some spotting in the first trimester for about 2-3 weeks, around weeks 4-6. I had 2 ultrasounds at the suggestion of my NP, to ensure that everything was OK. It turns out that everything looked fine. She told me that when I'm first pregnant, and missing my period, not all of my uterus realizes that it's pregnant yet so some if it is still trying to shed its lining. That made sense based on what I was feeling (normal menstrual cramping) but not otherwise. When she did the internal exam, everything was "closed up tight," both times. So if I'm so closed, where's the blood coming from? Now I'm worried that I'll have an incompetent cervix or something later. I'm planning to ask my doc about it next Friday at my 10 week appointment.
#4 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 01:44 PM

With #1 I spotted a tiny bit for one day. #2 No spotting whatsoever. #3 I spotted a little for 5 days. No spotting yet this morning.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#5 of 5 Old 03-22-2003, 02:25 AM

I didnt have any spotting with #1 and #2. I am pregnant with #3 and I spotted for like 7 days very light ! Somethign I wouldnt of noticed if i wasnt looking for it . As long as there isnt crapming like bend you over type cramping and no bleeding or passing of clots then there is no reason to get freaked out about. It is alarming at first we wouldnt be human if we didnt worry! Our bodies just have different ways to do things, No pregnancy is the same. My first one I felt great No morning sickness wasnt really tired the best! Then i was pregnant with the 2nd one and smackkkkkikkkkkkkk !! there was morning sickness i felt like crap until about half way into the 4th month. I was very moody and my back hurt. So now with this one i had the spotting. I am fine the baby is fine It is just our bodies way to keep us on our toes!! Congrats to you and Best wishes on your new little one!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page