help me find + size maternity clothes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2003, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have a friend who needs to locate some plus-size maternity clothes, and she is not web savvy so she turned to me for help.
i know my mothering buddies have got good resources, so list 'em for me!

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2003, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The plus sized pregnancy site has some links.

There are some stores that sell plus sized maternity clothing. I'm pretty big, but I can wear some of the stuff that a friend lent to me. Motherhood has stuff up to XL, I don't know if it goes any higher because the Motherhood where I used to live did not carry anything plus sized. You can get plus sizes online, however.
JC Penney has plus sized maternity stuff. I got something from a catalog as the sizes in my local store only went up to a size 14.

Someone else posted a link to Maternity Mall.com, and that is helpful. There are links there to Motherhood Plus sizes and IMaternity plus sizes as well. http://maternitymall.com/
Old 03-21-2003, 05:46 PM

I just want to second that JC Penney has some things. Depending on when you're pregnant, you may be able to get away with bigger regular sizes.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:56 PM

motherhood.com has a plus size section, too.

Depending on where you gain weight, you can also buy regular clothes in a size (or two) bigger. I am 20 weeks pregnant (with twins) and lost quite a bit of weight in my first trimester (damn hyperemis) and haven't gained much back, so I am still in my pre-preg jeans... but I recently ordered a pair of drawstring pants and some tank tops that are a size too big from Lane Bryant and I still have lots of room to grow into them. I am obviously pregnant, and look more like I'm 7-8 months pregnant rather than 5 months... but in this pregnancy, I have only grown a belly. In my first, I got bigger EVERYWHERE else!

Heather
Old 03-22-2003, 04:34 AM

If she's interested in second-hand I have a ton of stuff that I'm done with (woohoo!) that I would send to her for the cost of postage.

SMC to Sophia, age 15, and Eleanor, age 9, and mother hen to too many nursing students to count!

Old 03-22-2003, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

sofiamomma, i just emailed her and asked if she would like me to have you get in touch with her. i'll let you know as soon as i hear from her. thanks!
Old 03-23-2003, 08:16 AM

Sofiamomma, what size is your stuff? Just curious.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

hey that was my next question!
Old 03-23-2003, 02:19 PM

I'm an 18/20, with the occasional 14/16 or 22/24 in my closet (I am amply endowed so need a little more room there iykwim). I also have stuff that ranges from L to 2X. Most of the stuff fit me or was a little bit big, which was good for those last couple of weeks. Some things I was given by a friend who is taller than me so many of the pants were a little long for me (I'm 5'4"). Several of the shirts she gave me I never wore, because they were a 3x and just too big for me. Does that help?

SMC to Sophia, age 15, and Eleanor, age 9, and mother hen to too many nursing students to count!

Old 03-28-2003, 03:28 AM

Any takers?

Old 03-28-2003, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

oh god, i am sorry i have taken so long. i have been busy busy busy and just emailed her the size info. if you get an offer before i get back to you, take it. she ordered a few outfits from jc penney, despite all the cool websites i found for her!
Old 03-28-2003, 11:56 AM

I'm looking for Maternity clothes as well.............. I just don't want to spend my money on clothing when I need it for a midwife.

I'm normally a size 8, and I almost ALWAYS wear pants only (jeans everyday to work)

If anyone has any easy care items they don't need, please PM me.

Thank you
Chelly
Old 03-28-2003, 11:44 PM

Well, I'm about 5' 5" and a size 22/24, I think. So if you have anything 2x I'd like it. I have some things that a friend lent me that are XLs and they fit OK.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:50 AM

Amy,
As soon as I hear back from Shoshie'smom's friend I will for sure send you anything in your size that she can't use. I have such a range of sizes, I'm sure I'll have at least a few things I can send you!

Old 03-30-2003, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I on't know what size she needs or if there is a kohls near her but thier stuff runs big. I was able to fit in thier size large shirts and I am usually a 1x-2x for shirts (big ol' boobies. It drives me crazy trying to find a shirt that fits right. I just can't understand why people pay to have this done. ) There XL was big on me. I couldn't find a pair of pants to fit to save my life and I looked everywhere and was obbssesed by the end i would have paid any amount. I went up to like a size28 and they were all too small in the calf. And I am only a size 16 on anormal day (closer to a 14 now thankyouverymuch )

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

User Tag List