more Sept/Oct moms-to-be - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 111 Old 04-19-2003, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello All!

I've added the newbie's to the list. Welcome!

I had my second CPM appointment yesterday and everything is doing just fine. Urine good, BP great, measuring just right. Still too early to hear heart tones with fetoscope. Next appointment for sure. I'm 17.5wks. I've just started to feel definet movement. I'm so busy that I don't feel it much. I do get a lot of stabbing pain in my ligaments around my lower abdomen. I feel contractions once in a while. Oh, and my belly has become obvious to the public! I keep saying 'Is it THAT obvious?". Guess I've been in a little denial : Next appointment in 4 weeks or so.

Nursing now for us has changed. I've decided that my older boy is ready to stop. The thing is that he just does not remember how to do it correctly. He can nipple nurse but I just can't have that (ouch!) We talked about it and it was decided that he is a big boy and that he just grew out of knowing how to have 'snackies'. He's ok with it. Still asks every night to have them but doesn't ask again after it's explained that he doesn't do that anymore. I've cut my younger boy back just by asking him questions when he request 'snackies'. Are you hungery, thirsty, diaper wet etc. During the day it's pretty much any of those. By bed time only 'snackies' will do. He still has an ok latch, working on it. Got great information at a seminar I went to about off center latch. Want more info? I'll tell you all about it.

ssilverman123@earthlink.net

Some of you have been mentioning that your appatite has gone up recently. I still do not have an appitite. I've always been a good eater so this has been weird. If I go too long without eating in the morning then I get the heaves and need to eat RIGHT AWAY! So I eat a little bit many time through the day. Mostly the kids left overs.

Symptoms with consecutive pregnancies: My first two were pretty much identical except for labors (both boys). This time has been very, very different. I've had morning sickness (minmal), aches, more fatigue and alot of emotional stress. Things have been very different with this third pregnancy. THe first that the other two were planned to happen (not necessarily planned at the planned time). My dh only wanted two children and I had started to think that also then boom, baby on the way. I've not had to deal with this emotional pull before and it has been pretty hard. Anyone else dealing with this?

Well, that was alot of talking. I dont' get around to posting much but do enjoy when I do and reading how everyone else is doing!

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#92 of 111 Old 04-21-2003, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Welcome, Jen, and congratulations!
#93 of 111 Old 04-21-2003, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just had my first midwife appt! It was WONDERFUL! They were so sweet and interested in me and Orion (wanted to see the 3d pictures). Ahhh I'm SO glad I choose them!!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#94 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 04:12 PM

Hi, everyone. I'm Patti and due in mid-October. If you need a date the drs are saying the 11th, but we all know how that goes. I will be having a hospital birth with a doula. I have one dd named Beth who is 14 months and still breastfed. Boy are my nipples sensitive! I have never been so aware of her teeth before! I'm learning to deal with it though. I'm finally starting to show, but it's not really enough yet to wear my maternity clothes, but my regular clothes are making me look fat. Don't you just hate inbetween stages?

Question - how many mommas here are planning on using cloth pads for PP bleeding? I was using cloth before becoming preggo this time, but I only own one overnight pad and was wondering if anyone can suggest some good PP pads to use that aren't super expensive. Or does anyone think that it's just more convenient to use disposables for those first couple weeks?

Patti
#95 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 06:09 PM

Hello to all. I posted here at the beginning of my pg and then got so sick that I dropped out for a long time! I'm Cori, edd 10/8 with number 4. Going for the fourth homebirth on this one. I am really looking forward to cheering everyone on.

cori
#96 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 07:52 PM

Hi, welcome and welcome back.

I have cloth pads, but for the heavier bleeding I will just use disposables and switch to cloth once it tapers off some.
#97 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 10:05 PM

hey all. sorry i haven't posted in a while. glad everyone is feeling good. i, for one, have been busy busy busy now that i'm feeling better and the weather is nice. we've been doing lots of gardening, walks to the park, etc. we're going backpacking/camping this weekend. i can't wait!

cloth pads - i used disposables after dd's birth, only because i didn't realize how much i would bleed and didn't think ahead to bring my night time glad rags. this time, i think i'll use disposables and/or cloth in the hospital, depending on how much i bleed, and cloth exclusively once i get home. same goes for diapers for the little one. we'll bring some newborn tushies (don't want to use gel dipes even for a second) and cloth, and just see what works.

oh, and last thursday, at yoga class, i felt the baby move for the first time! that was at 16 weeks...3 weeks earlier than with dd. since then, s/he has been moving around a ton...especially with all the sugar i ate over the weekend.
#98 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 10:08 PM

ps. anyone obsessed with baby names lately? my mil and i both seem fixated on boys' names for some reason. think its a sign? she guessed right with dd...and now she thinks its a boy. i haven't had any strong feelings, dreams, etc. either way.
#99 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 11:20 PM

I wouldn't say we're obsessed with names, since we've already picked out our ds's name... but man is everyone we tell his name to obsessed with it! :LOL We told my FIL the name and he said "Ok whats the second choice?" When we said no, Orion *IS* his name he got all quiet "oh." Others have wondered why we're naming our kid "after some stars"... like I guess if we wanted to name our kid Bob, it'd be enough that we *liked* the name, but not for Orion? :

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#100 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 11:24 PM

Hi all!
Had another appt with my doc today. Everything appears to be going great. Hearing that heartbeat always makes me feel so much better. I haven't gained a pound yet, and this is worrying me. With my first I gained tons (70lbs by the end). I weigh less today - at 4 months pg - than I did before I got pg with ds. I'm very confused about the difference..... but I suppose I should just let it go and not let it bother me.
I'm not as naseaus anymore..... but still as tired. I've had varying degrees of a cold for the last month and a half. I'm at the "bad" side of a cold again. I just cough and cough. My immune system seems to be working overtime... but not accomplishing much.

Mamarsupial - We are also very obsessed with boys names right now!! We can't agree on anything. We talk about it at least once a day. We have a girls name all ready, but can't come up with a boys name. I had dh decided on "Andrej" a week ago, but then he suddenly decided that wouldn't work for him. : We are going nowhere with the boys names. URGH! Anyone know some great "slavic" boys names?

Ladies, we are approaching the half way mark!
#101 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Banned

I hate telling people what we're planning on naming the baby. Their reaction is never what I expect and it just makes me feel bad. Something along the lines of 'Ohh...'
Or else they tell me what they would name it. Dh's mom really likes 'Jameson.' 'You know, because your name is Jamie and I just really like Jameson.' For one, it's also the name of brand of whiskey and anyway, I just really don't like it.

I still have only felt baby move once (maybe a second time, but I wasn't sure with that one). I want to feel it move!
#102 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 11:48 PM

I think I am feeling the baby move sometimes, but then sometimes I have to pass gas not long afterwards, so it's hard to tell.

I'm not obsessing about names right now. I was trying to get dh to pick one, but he still just jokes around. If we have a boy, I guess he will remain nameless for awhile. I don't like telling people the girl's name we are going to use. I was the same way with Molly and her first and middle names. I just figured people wouldn't like the combo or one of the names, and then would try and cover up their dislike which would be obvious.
#103 of 111 Old 04-23-2003, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Yes! Very much obsessing over baby names. And everyone has an opinion...but I don't mind too much.
#104 of 111 Old 04-24-2003, 07:08 AM

It's fun to read everyone's updates. Glad to hear that all is well with you, Shane. I can understand the emotional stuff a bit. We'd always planned to have three, but I do sometimes look at my two little girls and feel strange that we'll be adding another baby into the mix. Odd...

I'm 19.5 weeks, so almost half-way. DH saw the baby move the other night (it was kicking away about an hour or so after dinner), so that was fun...I love it when others can see the baby move as well.

We're also not decided on names. The ones we like are REALLY popular. But we've chosen old-fashioned/classic names for our two girls, so we really need something in keeping with those. So...we might be doing the popular thing after all (both girls names were in the top 100 lists the years they were born, but not too high...at least when we named them! DD1's name is in the top 10 here in Scotland now... ).

Ah, well...
#105 of 111 Old 04-24-2003, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Carolyn, the names we like so far are pretty popular too, fwiw.
#106 of 111 Old 04-25-2003, 02:41 PM

Glad to hear it, Mamley - and to know that I'm not alone here at MDC in choosing non-exotic names for my children!

I do wish the names we liked weren't quite so popular at the moment (sigh)...and we are still looking/reading/talking about it...

Off to bath the kids! (then put them to bed - yeah!).
#107 of 111 Old 04-25-2003, 04:03 PM

Thought I'd put my own update in here. I had a sonogram on Tuesday. It was neat, they gave me a bunch of pictures.

I've been babysitting my 3yo niece a lot, and with the pictures and having been in the room when the sono was done, she's finally gotten the idea that Aunt Jodi is having a baby and it's in my belly.

I've been feeling great overall. Still sleeping a little wierd, but decided just to go with the flow and get over it when I wake up early/fall asleep in the middle of the day. My hemmroids have been giving me a bit of trouble, but misery from them is avoidable with raisin bran for breakfast every day.

I've been really chipper and positive lately, my brain must be responding to the good hormones (and the lovely spring weather).

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#108 of 111 Old 04-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Banned

My little brother is eight and still doesn't quite understand how the whole baby thing works.
'Jamie's going to have a baby? Where is it now?'
#109 of 111 Old 04-26-2003, 04:36 AM

Tonight my daughter was climbing up the stairs naked, after having taken a bath. I told her that her baby sister was naked as well. She said, "She is?" I said, "Yes, she's in my tummy." Or uterus, but I actually said tummy, sorry. So my daughter replied. "Oh yeah, she has to be naked or her clothes would get dirty inside." I was laughing at that comment.

I had an u/s today. I was really thinking of not doing it, but I've been a nervous wreck lately and wanted some reassurance. Baby looks good--arms, legs, spine, brain, kidneys, bladder, heart. Looks like a girl as far as he could tell as he said there was nothing between the legs. My husband said that doesn't mean anything since the men in his family all have the same appearance.
#110 of 111 Old 04-26-2003, 11:03 AM

I haven't updated here in a while. Funny to read how the children in everyones' lives are reacting to their pregnancy. My three year old daughter goes around saying she also has a baby, and pulls her shirt up to show us. And she loves to play doctor with my belly--imitating what she sees my doctor do at my checkups. We've been spending time showing her how to care for a baby doll (she's never been interested in dolls)--hopefully soon she will stop banging it against the wall!

I'm not experiencing the blissful second trimester as much as I'd like to be--still feeling very nauseous much of the time. But the baby is measuring perfectly, I've put on some weight finally, and we've selected a girl's name at least. At the beginning I felt it was a boy, now I feel it's a girl. Either way is completely wonderful. We were thrown a curve ball last week-we may have to be bicoastal for nine months-dh may need to work in DC for 6-9 months, which of course overlaps the birth. I'm not sure how I feel about finding a birth team there when I like the one I've got here-so we may go back and forth. Or I may stay put and have dh commute :LOL.
#111 of 111 Old 04-29-2003, 09:20 PM

3 pages! wow! okay, i'm starting a new thread.

new oct/sept mamas thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page