Induction - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-24-2003, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due @ the end of March, but my midwife has concerns about the recent headaches I have been experiencing and my 1st pregnancy's history of high blood pressure. I don't have high BP this time and everything else is normal. I am taking Blue and Black Cohash tincture and wonder if anyone has had luck with this or anything else to bring on labour. I want to avoid hospital iduction and the complications that go with it.
#2 of 2 Old 03-24-2003, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After 2 pregnancies, I now believe that 41 weeks is my normal. That's just how long my body takes to "cook" a babe. So if you take until your due date or longer, I would try not to worry. I think you are right, the complications of induction don't sound pleasant for mom or babe.

Sorry about the headaches - I suggest you drink more water, juices, pay attention to your nutrition lots of good nutritious foods. And spend some time napping, meditating and relaxing.

DH and I had sex to get things going - it really does work. I don't suggest you walk a whole bunch or anything since you don't want to tire yourself out b4 labor.

I actually had slightly elevated BP while just hours b4 giving birth to my 2d and my midwife really kept on top of it and it didn't escalate. She gave me Tranquil Mama an herbal remedy to chill me out and it did work. Also having a doula and my terrific DH did a lot to chill me out and bring the BP down. I know it's hard but try to relax.

As for the cohosh - I would pick up a copy of Susun Weed's Herbal for the Childbearing Year. She has a wealth of knowledge to share with you. I LOVE this book and found it very helpful. Blue cohosh should bring blood pressure down - Weed describes blue cohosh and pennyroyal to bring on precipitous labor. Blue cohosh is not recommended for women with low blood pressure. I think the book is worth a read for all the other wonderful stuff in it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page