Numbness in torso - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Y'all are gonna get sick of me asking all these questions. But I have never been pregnant before and I don't know this body that used to be mine. I now have a numb area on my torso about 6 inches high and 12 inches long to the left of my belly button. It also seems to be traveling around to my back. Has anybody ever heard of this, experienced this or known anybody who had this? Is it related to my pregnancy? Should I call my doctor? Help me please.

Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#2 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 04:01 AM

I can't help you, but I have the same numbness, but on my right side and its about quarter sized not large like yours is... I meant to ask at my prenatal today but it slipped my mind

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#3 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 04:29 AM

I've never heard of that before, but it sounds like that could be the size of your baby. Are you very sensitive physically, like aware of your whole inside? Because if it IS your baby, it makes sense it's numb. Becuase your baby has her/his own nervous system, and you can't feel what's going on inside your baby. Which is a very weird realization...

Other than that, I could imagine your uterus or some squeezed-away body part pressing on a nerve a bit. In that case, numbness is preferable to pain, I guess.
#4 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 06:15 AM

How far along are you?

Because my whole (almost) stomach went numb about my 7th month... a circle of skin centered around my former belly-button about 12in. in diameter was just numb (no tingling, though, just numbish). The numb patch didn't move around much though--only sometimes a little to one side or the other (a few inches max).

My midwife wasn't at all worried about it so I didn't worry either.

But I still would like to know what caused it, IYKWIM....
#5 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I should have mentioned in my previous post that I am only 7 weeks along. I am not worried, I guess, just curious. Maybe. SHould I be worried?

Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page