Mothering Forum banner

expecting Dec. 03

730 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bec 
#1 ·
Anyone else just find out thet're expecting? I tested positive 2 days ago, although I kind of knew when af was late..
I'm very tenative.. as I had miscarried back in Dec.(my 4th m/c) and am 39 today. Along with the thought of a 3rd child financially etc...
But the bottom line is I keep smiling at the thought.....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

oh, and calculated due date is Dec. 10!

See less See more
#2 ·
I also just tested + on wed am!! I had super lite spotting (as apposed to my usual heavy flow!) which had my mom positive that I was.

My first Midwife visit is next thur. My guestimated due date is Dec 1!

Congrates!! I will also be keeping my fingers crossed for I have had 2 m/c. I am 25 and this will be #2!!

And Happy Birthday!!!

#3 ·
I'm joining the club too! I tested positive on Sunday, but because of charting and symptoms, I was pretty sure beforehand.

I'm planning an HBAC!

My due date is 12/08/03.

Congrats to all the other Mom's getting early Christmas presents!

Bec

#4 ·
Due December 2 - which is DPs birthday! I knew before but tested on Tuesday - pretty sick already.

Actually i am kindof sad and overwhelmed by it all. Our son is 18 months - we were planning to wait until he was weaned or 3 yrs. I am really feeling the pending loss of my current relationship with him. I am planning on nursing through the preg. but probably nightweaning so I can get some much needed sleep. I was glad to read the thread on nursing and preg. so I feel more confident. I guess I just have to grieve through the change and I really know that we will all be ecstatic to meet this new little one. WOW just lots of emotions right now.

Bec- does HBAC mean Home birth after ceasarian? I have trouble keeping up w/ all these abrevs

Congradulations to you all and your families - Let's try and stay connected!

#6 ·
Hey freedom, I hear you. I felt that way when #2 was expected.. but between the time I found out i was pg, and the time i gave birth, it was kind of like this new person eased his way into our life.. and when he was born it was sort of like he'd always been there..of course older ds was 2 1/2 when #2 came.. but anyway... I think there is more to the nine month wait than the baby growing.. it gives you time to adjust, too.

I'm also still nursing my 2 yo...although to be honest am hoping he'll waean soon... I've been either nusing or pregnant for the past almost SIX years... don't feel a huge need to do both right now...

Bec.. i am playing with the idea of a home birth.. had two very easy hospital births(the last one was delivered by a nurse.. midwife did'nt make it...) The only thing worthy of consideration is the fact that I am a solid hour away from the CLOSEST hospital. Kind of far if something were to go wrong..hmmmm.

#7 ·
Freedom - Yup. You've got it right. Home birth after Ceasarean. I'm really excited about it! There's a great practice only a few minutes away from me that has doctors that come out to the house. They've been in business since 1973 and delivered over 15,000 babies!!! Not all of them have been homebirths (they also do hospital births). In the event that they plan to transfer me, I get to keep my doctor! Pretty cool.

Bau3 - I feel for you. It's a hard choice to make. For dd, we traveled an hour to the hospital that my OB was at. It was close to work and on my insurance, so thought I would give it a go. I really liked my OB, but I didn't like having to deal with the hospital policies. I'm convinced that having to follow their rules is what stalled my labor, resulting in a host of interventions up to the c-section. I would suggest that you do a lot of research on it before making your decision. I just finished Birth Your Way by Sheila Kitzinger. It was really informative and helped to cement my decision to stay at home and away from a hospital.

DD is still nursing (she's 2). I'm thinking we will at least night wean her pretty soon. She's teething right now, so don't want to force anything on her just yet, but as soon as those teeth come through, my patience with the night-waking will officially have come to an end! I don't mind her nursing during the day, but I need to get more sleep!

Anyway, good luck to everybody!

Bec

#8 ·
Bec I'm so envious! that sounds like such an awesome practice...I'm not even sure I could find a midwife who would do a home birth here. Haven't looked yet, though.
The hospital that I delivered my first 2 at is actually not a bad place... very small and very sort of relaxed about "rules and regulations" my first ds was the only baby there.. second ds was born the day that one other baby went home. So I wouldn't feel horrible if I ended up going there again. well, I have 9 months to figure this out so I'm not going to worry about it now.
My 2yo just got his 2nd set of molars..whew!! I'm glad that's over.. He's really only nursing 1st thing in the am.. nap time and before bed now.. although sometimes he rollls over in the night, or gets upsert during the day.
Anyway, as a side note I willl try to get that book you recommended, and I also highly recommend Birthing From Within. I just finished it as a recommended reading for doula training and it really described alot of my feelings during my 2nd birth.. which really, btw, is what made me want to be a doula. (after eading the book, though, I just wanted to give birth again!!)
I'll stop rambling now and go read a book....

#9 ·
I can't wait for the 2nd year molars to come in! It seems like she's been teething with them forever! I plan on reading Birthing From Within next. I'm thinking of taking a class if I do any this time. I'm seriously considering training as a doula. I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.