worried right now... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-04-2003, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I think I just need to vent.

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and just wondering if it's normal to feel pregnant one day and not the next. I think I'm paranoid because I had a m/c at 9 weeks. I've had no spotting or anything, but my boobs haven't been tender at all in the past 3 days, but before they were! I've had no morning sickness, just fatigue. Can pregnancy symptoms come and go??

Thanks for any input. I was going to run out and get another HPT test to "make sure" I am still pregnant?!!
#2 of 13 Old 04-04-2003, 01:34 PM

The first few months of pregnancy made me feel that way too, and I'm sure it's even worse after you've experienced miscarriage. For what it's worth, I didn't feel anything, except for some fatigue, until around 6-7 weeks. I never felt breast soreness with this one, except for a tiny bit lately and I'm 14 weeks (with my son I had a lot!). I think my symptoms have definitely come and gone, even in the first trimester. And I hardly felt anything at 6 weeks, I remember wishing that I would throw up or something!! Good luck, and congrats!
#3 of 13 Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM

I can't respond to your question because I haven't been there (YET!!!) but I just wanted you to know that I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way!

~Erin
#4 of 13 Old 04-04-2003, 04:36 PM

It's very normal to feel "more" pregnant some days.
It really freaked me out too. Take care

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#5 of 13 Old 04-04-2003, 05:12 PM

I can totally relate. I had a miscarriage and 9-10 weeks, and with my next PG, all my symptoms disappeared at 9 weeks, just as they had with the first pregnancy. I was a wreck for awhile. But it turns out I was just lucky. My son is now almost 13 months old and we are PG with #3.
#6 of 13 Old 04-04-2003, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for your reassurance. I'm really trying to take it day by day and I've been doing pretty good. I guess today is just a "panic" day! :
#7 of 13 Old 04-04-2003, 08:45 PM
bec

Abylite,

I am so with you there! I had a very early miscarriage last December (around 4.5 weeks) and have been completely paranoid now. It's been reassuring to see my high temps every morning, but it's still nerve-wracking. Especially since it seems that I'm under some sort of compulsion to tell everyone I know that I'm pregnant!: No waiting till I'm 12 weeks for me! Then, whenever I tell someone, I think I'm jinxing myself!

I never would have thought about it if I hadn't had that 1st miscarriage. I've been actually getting upset if I'm not feeling nauseous!

Anyway, take it day by day. Try to do things to take your mind off it. And be gentle with yourself.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#8 of 13 Old 04-05-2003, 07:49 AM

Abylite,

I am 8wks with #1 and what you are describing has been my experience so far, so I think (and hope!) it's normal. It's a weird roller coaster ride, though, isn't it? I am either miserable because I am sick and my boobs hurt and I am so tired I can't move, or I am nervous because I feel 'too good'! :

I feel like the mental part of this is the most taxing on me (well, apart from being sick with a sinus infection and ear infection on top of morning sickness, but that's another thread..). Just this morning I had some gas pains and I whipped myself into a frenzy at the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy. Yikes, how embarrassing! And I just admitted it!

flowersforyou.gif

#9 of 13 Old 04-05-2003, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Attila the Honey, hope you are feeling better!

I'm glad that I'm probably having a "normal" pregnancy...I think the worrying must be worst with your first because you don't know what to expect and throw on a m/c too.

You guys will laugh I bet if I eventually post about m/s or something!!
#10 of 13 Old 04-05-2003, 11:19 PM

I totally understand. I think it's perfectly normal to have pregnancy symptoms come and go--and of course it must be even scarier with a m/c in your past. I worried too, TONS, throughout my first trimester. I'd constantly feel my boobs--were they still sore? Did I have m/s (not that I really wanted it, but hey, it meant the babe was growing)? I'm a worrier by nature, and the first tri was super hard.

But I made it through (my son is due in six weeks now) and the chances are *very* good that you will too. I agree with others, try to take it one day at a time, and know that a past m/c is really no indication of anything, OK?

Oh...and I must have taken eight pregnancy tests in the first couple of weeks. (Told ya I'm a worrier...) Hang in there--I'll be thinking about you!
#11 of 13 Old 04-05-2003, 11:47 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally posted by Attila the Honey
Just this morning I had some gas pains and I whipped myself into a frenzy at the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy. Yikes, how embarrassing! And I just admitted it!
You took the words right out of my mouth! Only I was too chicken to post about it until now! I didn't even tell dh! But I had some gas and immediately thought, "oh, no, it has to be ectopic!" Of course, little things like it was way too high in my abdomen to be anywhere near my fallopian tubes didn't stop me from obsessing!

It's like, one day I'm fine, and the next I'm a wreck thinking something horrible is happening. I feel an undeniable and unstoppable compulsion to tell every living being that I'm pregnant, but then feel guilty like I'm telling too soon, and that I'm asking for it! Like I'm tempting the fates to do their worst!

I'm taking it one day at a time, and trying to not obsess over every twinge. But it's hard. I'm glad I can come here and vent my neurotic tendancies!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#12 of 13 Old 04-06-2003, 12:31 AM

Subsequent pregnancies are tough. That's all there is to it. Perhaps not physically, but emotionally.

I'm pregnant after losing one at 13 weeks(delivered at 19 weeks), one at 6 weeks, and an unconfirmed at 5 weeks(I couldn't bare knowing for sure).

Now I'm a basket case with this one. I'm 9 1/2 weeks(that was a good movie and book..lol.. btw). But every time I feel dampness, or lack of symptoms, or cramping(consitpation and gas) I fear the worst. Is it irrational? Yes and no.

You have legit reason to be anxious, but do try to take it in stride. I live day to day. Each day gone by, ups the chances of this baby's survival. Enjoy each day with your baby.
#13 of 13 Old 04-07-2003, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I had a good weekend...being very tired and had a food aversion to one of my favorite foods- Indian Food- Saag Paneer...took a few bites and it tasted so gross I couldn't even smell it. My dh said..."you must still be pregnant!" I'll take it as a good sign.

Thanks for sharing your stories and worries with me!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page