Old 04-17-2003, 04:34 PM
bec

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by panda
bec!

The md is coming to your house for the appointments?! Wow. Is this still with Homefirst?
Oops! Pregnancy brain is taking over! No, they'll come out to the birth! I have to go to them for the appointments. But they're only a couple of minutes down the road, so it's not too bad at all.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2003, 06:44 PM

Well I don't have m/s but I have a terrible chest cold. I have been up all night the past few nights coughing and coughing. DD#1 has the same cough and she is up all night too. Poor dh doesn't get any sleep with the 2 of us cough next to him all night. The first night he actually went out on the couch for awhile to sleep.
Luckily dd#2 is doing well and is sleeping through the night.

On top of the chest cold I have a yeast infection, too. I get them with every pregnancy but not this early usually. It is terrible.

So between the cough and yeast my diet is very restricted. No yeast (breads), no sugar (which includes almost everything), no dairy, (which includes yogurt that will help clear up the yeast infection). My mom said that even carrots and potatoes (my veggies of choice) contain too much sugar. So I am on a protein and lettuce diet. Any one have suggestions for dinner? It is hard enough to feel liking cooking while pg but with these restrictions I think I'll go crazy.

Dh had the cough too, but his went away in a few days. It should be the other way around, his cough stays and mine goes away. I am only joking. I don't want him to be sick.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:30 PM

welcome witchbaby. I wish you luck with this pregnancy. Hope its a keeper.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:27 PM

Hey Ladies Just wanted to let you kno wI have enjoyed your company. I am goign to have to excuse myself from the group. I have gotten the results that I had already known. So I hope you all have a wonderful pregnancy and Great big healthy babies
Hopefully Ill see ya all in 4 months when we can try again
Take care
Old 04-18-2003, 02:52 AM

Didn't think that I would be on this board for awhile. Just took a test today that was positive, EDD 12/26 (according to an online calculator). I don't think that it has completely sunk in yet. It is rather earlier than we would have planned, but here we are anyway. DD is 15 months and we both feel that it is a bit early for #2, but I know that we will be thrilled when all is said and done.

This is actually quite weird. I feel that I am keeping myself at a distance from this new baby because of loyalty to DD. Like I feel quilty towards her. Anyone else experience this?

christymama, so sorry to hear of your ordeal. I am only 4 weeks, so hopefully I am not getting my hopes up too early.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:32 AM

christymama, I'm sorry about your loss. I've been there and hopefully you will join us again soon. Take good care of yourself.

I'm so happy that we saw a heartbeat a few days ago!! I'm so afraid of m/c since I had one 4 months ago. So far we are 8 weeks along and all is well. No m/s, just extremely tired and in the bathroom all the time. And VERY hungry!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-18-2003, 11:23 AM
bec

Well, I had my first Dr.'s appointment last night. It was very cool. The doc let DD "help" him squeeze the blood pressure bulb, and kept talking to her. He also spent a great deal of time talking to me and dh about our expectations, my first birth, etc. It was very comfortable. I'm only 6 weeks, so we didn't hear the heartbeat. I go back in a month, so I'm sure I will hear it then.

Bec

Old 04-18-2003, 02:58 PM

I'm jumping in! I just got a this morning! My EDD is 12/25! I'm still in shock and just a bit worried that this won't be a sticky pregnancy. I guess that's pretty normal though.

I have been TTC #2 for 8 months now and this was the first month that we were trying NOT to conceive as we didn't want a christmas baby....guess someone had a different plan

Now I'm in the long, long 12ww. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you.

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
Old 04-18-2003, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome mamas!!! So glad to have more beautiful pregnant ladies joining us.

I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and I feel awful. So tired and :Puke I am so excited though. Dh swears this is another little girl. I'm not sure. I want another of each so whatever we get is terrific. We haven't told the little ones yet. We are waiting till 13 weeks or so. They want a baby so bad and will be sooooooooooo happy!

Sending lots of love and healthy mama and baby dust to all.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 04-18-2003, 04:24 PM

I guess I go in Dec. My own EDD for this one is 12.28.03--Dh was guessing 1st or 2nd week of Jan. and I said umm, no. We tried for ~4 ms.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:46 PM

Help me I am lost. What does "sticky pregnancy" mean and 12ww? I have also seen the ww with other numbers.:

Old 04-18-2003, 05:05 PM
Banned

Beth... "sticky" as in, "I hope the pregnancy "sticks"... instead of miscarrying. I could be wrong though...

ww... means "week wait". So if you've just tried to conceive, you'd be in the 2ww, or two week wait, until you could test or get AF back.

12ww, means waiting for the 1st trimester to end so you're out of the scary miscarriage risk section.

I'm happy to join! I think I'm 4 weeks along... baby due late December.

I threw up constantly with DS... straight through pregnancy, didn't stop until I'd given birth. I'm happy that it seems much better this time, but I :Puke this morning, UGH... still, it's not 15 times a day like last time!!! So I hope it stays that way.

We caught the egg the one month we didn't even try after 10+ months of tryin'.

I'm so glad to be here! Hope it sticks!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Banned

Christymama... just a thought, but maybe you just experienced disappearing twin syndrome? I've heard that you can lose the twin & your cervix can close back up to protect the healthy twin.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:32 PM

I talked to my mom last night (she is a midwife in CO) about how I am feeling. I told her that I have not had any m/s and my breasts aren't tender. She seemed worried that I may miscarry. The thought has gone through my head b/c I was sick with the first two pregnancies.:

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned? I guess there isn't much I can do. Or is there? Just needed to get this off my chest. I guess I have been worrying about it. I dreamed last night that I had a miscarriage.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:08 PM

I'm only like 8 weeks along, but have had no m/s. My breasts are very tender, but I was SO nauseated with dd. But I had some blood work done and and u/s already and everything looks good. I think iwith some pregnancies, you just don't have all the symptoms. I wouldn't worry yet....
Old 04-18-2003, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
well, i guess i'll join y'all, too. i think our due date is around dec 5th, but i wouldn't be surprised to go a few days early. DD was 3 days early. nov 30 is my mom's b-day so we'll have a nice b-day present for her even if we don't hit right on the date.

christymama, if you check back by, so sorry to read of your loss. take care of yourself.

beth, don't know of anything you can do except try not to worry. they say each pregnancy is different, so hope you're just one of the lucky ones w/ no :Puke ! i can't complain too much since i haven't :Puke , but i get the queasies all day long and have no appetite. breasts aren't too sore, although i do get sorta irritated with DD nursing sometimes. anyone else nursing?

hope everyone has happy and healthy pregnancies!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Old 04-18-2003, 09:21 PM

A little more on pregnancy symptoms...

I'm about 5 and a half weeks along. My breasts have been really tender since about 5 dpo.

I haven't had any m/s, but my appetite has been really weird--like I haven't been at all interested in some foods that I normally like. And I feel a little queasy when I think of certain others.

It's sort of funny, knowing that I'm pregnant, but not really feeling any different. I try to tune into the energy, or into my body, but I don't really have a strong sense of any presence or anything to really make me know it, kwim?

I'm a midwifery student and doing my prenatal rotation at a clinic...every day I sneak into the bathroom with a pregnancy test and take another one. How CRAZY is that?! I mean geez, you think I'd have a little faith in the process, or some inner knowledge to reassure me or something!

Glad to hear from all the other newly pregnant moms--it sounds like every woman and every pregnancy is different...
Old 04-18-2003, 10:48 PM

Hello ladies, welcome to all the new additions.....

I spent the day at Disneyland yesterday - it was SO Overcrowded, took me the whole day today to recover, I slept ALL morning - thank goodness I took the day off work. (Now I have sore legs from all the walking as well as sore boobies)

My first appt with my midwife is on May 7th......... I'm looking forward to it - I'll be about 11 weeks at that point.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:01 AM
bec

I'm almost 7 weeks, and this week the nausea has hit. I haven't :Puke yet, but have come close a couple of times today. The exhaustion is more bearable this time around (I think because I'm more used to sleep deprivation than I was with #1: ), and my nipples have only been really sore when dd latches on. But when she does, YOUCH!

The one that really bugs me, though, is the burping. This happened with the first one too. I belched my way through the first trimester. Now it's starting all over again! I mean, it's making me feel a little , kind of like when you have the hiccups for too long, kwim?

What odd symptoms has everyone else been feeling?

Bec

Old 04-19-2003, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bec
The one that really bugs me, though, is the burping. This happened with the first one too. I belched my way through the first trimester.
What odd symptoms has everyone else been feeling?
Oh my gosh.....can I just say gas....I mean GAS. I sound like my dh on his WORST day. Soooooo embarrassing
Old 04-19-2003, 12:54 AM

I get the burps, and it soon turns into HEARTBURN - I hate it............ its one of the worst symptoms I get..... eventually.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:51 AM

my breasts started hurting last week (around implantation), but my NIPPLES are what is killing me right now. it feels like someone is trying wrench my nipples off with pliers. ow.
i'm a little nauseous, but no vomiting yet. i feel kinda silly, since i'm only 4 weeks, but i got morning sickness at 4 weeks with my first pregnancy, though i never did vomit. i have a strange desire to puke, though, so i have a sure sign that i really AM pregnant, kwim? heh, remind me i said this when i am puking every morning.
about food: already freaked out by pasta cream sauces (well, pretty much anything creamy right now), i have a passion for chocolate cupcakes and have a very strange desired for popcorn covered in melted cheese. heh.
can't wait until my first u/s, which should be in a couple of weeks with my r.e.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
for weird symptoms, i get weird skin things -- skin tags and it makes my vitiligo (patchy lack of pigment primarily on my arms) worse, too, i think. my arms look like a cow. i'm lucky i have pretty light skin so it's no too noticeable especially in the winter, but in the summer when i get some sun it's worse.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Old 04-19-2003, 01:05 PM

my levels are rising fantastically!! on tuesday they were at 105, friday at 342, at just past 4 weeks too!!!
we have our first ultrasound scheduled for april 28, so keep your fingers crossed.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:51 PM

A big hug to you, christymama. After 4 m/c.. I can say I know how hard it is... especially the waiting to find out.

I'm just about to begin the 7th week and am still felling very tired and sore boobs (nursing my 2yo) swo I know that I'm still pg.(last m/c all my preg. symptoms went away... then found out I m/c'ed)

I have my first appt on may 5.. which I'm sure they think is about 12 weeks.. but really it will be between 9-10. Wil feel much better
when I hear a hb or see something though... I'm almost afraid to really believe I'm pg until then....

my biggest gripe is my weight, though.. as I'm starting out 10 lbs. over my normal weight.. thats alot for my small frame.. so I feel like a whale already and I'm not even showing yet:
Can't wait to see what I top out at this time around. i'll be 39 1/2 when this baby is born..so wil have to work twice as hard to lose again.. sigh.( am still eating very healthy, though!)
Am so happy fo all of ou who have seen/heard the presence of their little one! Isn't that awesome?
Old 04-20-2003, 10:22 AM

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new to these parts. I just found out I'll be having baby number 2 in December, baby number 1 is currently 4 years old. This is an unplanned but not at all unwanted pregnancy, all in all a really nice surprise.

I'm only 4 weeks along and the nausea is barking at my heels. I'm an apprentice midwife so I get to be with preggos day in and day out! Yay!

I look forward to spending the next 9 months you all!

Amy

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
Old 04-20-2003, 09:50 PM

Hi mamas. There's so much action on this thread I can barely keep up!

I think I'm out of my nauseous stage but not out of the fatigue -which never went away with #2.

I saw the mw last week. Excellent appt. She's great. I'm still in a little denial (remember my #2 won't be 1 for a couple of weeks). I had a good cry a couple of weeks ago and talked about my worries/fears and am feeling much better. I feel like my mw is going to really do a great job supporting me through my pregnancy.

I'm also a nursing mom. Hasn't bothered me yet but I'm lucky I don't have sore boobs this time. That would be a killer.

I'm paying close attention to my diet this time, too. With #1, the weight dropped off so quickly. #2's still hasn't completely gone so I'm starting off at a higher weight than I'd like - like someone else mentioned. I'm just going to eat well and exercise. I learned my lesson the hard way. All those shakes and sundaes just don't melt away. Too bad.

And a big surprise and hello to you Sheena! I just happen to check this thread today (I've only posted once). Wow! Congrats!
Old 04-21-2003, 11:55 AM

Yesterday at Easter dinner I was telling everyone how much better I felt, and that I thought the m/s had passed, so of course today I lost my breakfast and feel like crud. sigh. And DH is out of town for a few more days so I can't complain to anyone - except you all!

Welcome to all the new mamas!
Old 04-21-2003, 12:40 PM

I'm due in late December. I figured around the 22nd b/c I'm not sure when LMP was in March. We were planning the sale of our condo and I really just lost track of everything else.

Not many symptoms as w/ #1. No sore breast, and little to no m/s.

I go to the doctor today so I'll let you know my final edd!

So exicited and can't wiat to show that big belly off
Old 04-21-2003, 09:06 PM

Hi elfinbaby!!! Did you decide to go with the CNM? If it is who I think it she will be great support. I'm actually having 2 midwives, both of my preceptors. I told them they will need each other for support because I am such a complainer.

By 4:00 every day I HAVE to go to sleep, nothing can get between me and a nap . And so far I only feel slight waves of nausea, I wish it would stay this way!

Amy

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).

User Tag List