Mothering Forum banner

November/December Mamas

9K views 305 replies 46 participants last post by  panda 
#1 ·
Here we are! Welcome all!

See less See more
#52 ·
christymama,

I don't have any experience with any of this, I'm sorry. I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and I truly hope everything works out for you.

AudreyJoy,

You sound like me. I'm always whining about how little compassion I get around here. I have an 8 yr old and a 2 yr old, horrid morning sickness and dh keeps telling me it's all in my head. Mommy doesn't get time for a bath alone, at least not without a screaming child outside the door. I want my mommy too, but she's 800+ miles away so that's just not gonna happen. I guess we'll just have to grin and bear it
:

#53 ·
Christymama, all I can do is share my own experiences as I did earlier. I'm so sorry! I wish I could give you some answers. You are in my thoughts.

We had some GREAT NEWS today...saw a heartbeat! We both had tears in our eyes. We were so afraid to find "nothing" since we m/c 4 months ago. What a relief! I'm still cautious and want to get over the 12 week mark, but I'm feeling so much better. I'm growing a baby!!!

So I can really "feel" pregnant now and not hold back as much!!

#56 ·
Welcome Casmi! and congratulations!

christymama - you're in my thoughts. I hope you're holding up, and that you get more information about what's going on very soon.

Yesterday and today I started to feel a little more energetic in the morning. I'm worn out again by noon, but I'm taking it as a good sign that the fatique isn't permanent. In a week and a half I'm leaving on vacation and we'll take it easy, but I don't want to sleep the WHOLE time, you know? Here's to more energy!

I knit the sweetest little baby sweater - just finished it last weekend. I'm not a great knitter, but I found some easy patterns online, and I've already started sweater number 2. They're so cute.

#57 ·
Christymama - I just wanted to tell you that you're in my thoughts. I hope you get some resolution one way or the other soon. Take care of yourself.

AudreyJoy - I was just talking to a girlfriend of mine about how we need someone to take care of us. DH has been great, but he's away all day. I just want a little pampering for myself. A nap or two or three during the day would be nice. Hmmm, now that you mention it, sleeping all night without having a little nursling want to attach herself to me for hours at a time like a piranha would be nice too, now that you mention it.

I have my first Dr.'s appointment tomorrow evening. I'm so excited about this new doc. This whole practice focuses on homebirth. So, I get an MD coming out to my house. And he's totally cool with an HBAC! I've had a consultation with him, but this will be the first exam.

Bec

#58 ·
bec!

The md is coming to your house for the appointments?! Wow. Is this still with Homefirst?

I'll be going in to their office for my visits, but we live very close, so I don't mind. I think they do 2 visits after the birth where they come to my house.

We got great news from our insurance company - they'll cover 90% after we reach our deductible. I knew Homefirst was an in-network provider for our insurance, but I wasn't convinced that they'd cover a homebirth.

Have a great first appointment!

#60 ·
hi! i'm a newbie and such. i'm lorrie. i have been having infertility issues since my first miscarriage and d&c last february/march. after several months of charting and several anovulatory cycles, i was seen by an r.e. in january. while waiting to see what course of action we should take, i got pregnant, but lost the baby at just 4 weeks. after this miscarriage, i was put on parlodel do lower my prolactin levels and thus stimulate ovulation. well, it apparently worked, since i found out this morning that i'm pregnant! a blood test at the doc's came back at 105 hcg at four weeks.
while i'm terrifically excited, i'm also terrified and feel like i shouldn't let myself get excited, since i know something could happen at any time.
anyway, i am due december 26! a christmas baby!
hope to get to know the rest of you soon!!

#61 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by panda
bec!

The md is coming to your house for the appointments?! Wow. Is this still with Homefirst?
Oops! Pregnancy brain is taking over! No, they'll come out to the birth! I have to go to them for the appointments. But they're only a couple of minutes down the road, so it's not too bad at all.

Bec

#62 ·
Well I don't have m/s but I have a terrible chest cold. I have been up all night the past few nights coughing and coughing. DD#1 has the same cough and she is up all night too. Poor dh doesn't get any sleep with the 2 of us cough next to him all night. The first night he actually went out on the couch for awhile to sleep.

Luckily dd#2 is doing well and is sleeping through the night.

On top of the chest cold I have a yeast infection, too. I get them with every pregnancy but not this early usually. It is terrible.

So between the cough and yeast my diet is very restricted. No yeast (breads), no sugar (which includes almost everything), no dairy, (which includes yogurt that will help clear up the yeast infection). My mom said that even carrots and potatoes (my veggies of choice) contain too much sugar. So I am on a protein and lettuce diet.
Any one have suggestions for dinner? It is hard enough to feel liking cooking while pg but with these restrictions I think I'll go crazy.

Dh had the cough too, but his went away in a few days. It should be the other way around, his cough stays and mine goes away.
I am only joking. I don't want him to be sick.

#64 ·
Hey Ladies Just wanted to let you kno wI have enjoyed your company. I am goign to have to excuse myself from the group. I have gotten the results that I had already known. So I hope you all have a wonderful pregnancy and Great big healthy babies

Hopefully Ill see ya all in 4 months when we can try again

Take care

#65 ·
Didn't think that I would be on this board for awhile. Just took a test today that was positive, EDD 12/26 (according to an online calculator). I don't think that it has completely sunk in yet. It is rather earlier than we would have planned, but here we are anyway. DD is 15 months and we both feel that it is a bit early for #2, but I know that we will be thrilled when all is said and done.

This is actually quite weird. I feel that I am keeping myself at a distance from this new baby because of loyalty to DD. Like I feel quilty towards her. Anyone else experience this?

christymama, so sorry to hear of your ordeal. I am only 4 weeks, so hopefully I am not getting my hopes up too early.

#66 ·
christymama, I'm sorry about your loss. I've been there and hopefully you will join us again soon. Take good care of yourself.

I'm so happy that we saw a heartbeat a few days ago!! I'm so afraid of m/c since I had one 4 months ago. So far we are 8 weeks along and all is well. No m/s, just extremely tired and in the bathroom all the time. And VERY hungry!!

Have a great weekend!

#67 ·
Well, I had my first Dr.'s appointment last night. It was very cool. The doc let DD "help" him squeeze the blood pressure bulb, and kept talking to her. He also spent a great deal of time talking to me and dh about our expectations, my first birth, etc. It was very comfortable. I'm only 6 weeks, so we didn't hear the heartbeat. I go back in a month, so I'm sure I will hear it then.

Bec

#68 ·
I'm jumping in! I just got a
this morning! My EDD is 12/25! I'm still in shock and just a bit worried that this won't be a sticky pregnancy. I guess that's pretty normal though.

I have been TTC #2 for 8 months now and this was the first month that we were trying NOT to conceive as we didn't want a christmas baby....guess someone had a different plan

Now I'm in the long, long 12ww. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you.

#69 ·
Welcome mamas!!! So glad to have more beautiful pregnant ladies joining us.

I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and I feel awful. So tired and :puke I am so excited though. Dh swears this is another little girl. I'm not sure. I want another of each so whatever we get is terrific.
We haven't told the little ones yet. We are waiting till 13 weeks or so. They want a baby so bad and will be sooooooooooo happy!

Sending lots of love and healthy mama and baby dust to all.

#72 ·
Beth... "sticky" as in, "I hope the pregnancy "sticks"... instead of miscarrying. I could be wrong though...

ww... means "week wait". So if you've just tried to conceive, you'd be in the 2ww, or two week wait, until you could test or get AF back.

12ww, means waiting for the 1st trimester to end so you're out of the scary miscarriage risk section.

I'm happy to join! I think I'm 4 weeks along... baby due late December.

I threw up constantly with DS... straight through pregnancy, didn't stop until I'd given birth. I'm happy that it seems much better this time, but I :puke this morning, UGH... still, it's not 15 times a day like last time!!! So I hope it stays that way.

We caught the egg the one month we didn't even try after 10+ months of tryin'.

I'm so glad to be here! Hope it sticks!!!!

#74 ·
I talked to my mom last night (she is a midwife in CO) about how I am feeling. I told her that I have not had any m/s and my breasts aren't tender. She seemed worried that I may miscarry. The thought has gone through my head b/c I was sick with the first two pregnancies.
:

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned? I guess there isn't much I can do. Or is there? Just needed to get this off my chest. I guess I have been worrying about it. I dreamed last night that I had a miscarriage.

#75 ·
I'm only like 8 weeks along, but have had no m/s. My breasts are very tender, but I was SO nauseated with dd. But I had some blood work done and and u/s already and everything looks good. I think iwith some pregnancies, you just don't have all the symptoms. I wouldn't worry yet....

#76 ·
well, i guess i'll join y'all, too. i think our due date is around dec 5th, but i wouldn't be surprised to go a few days early. DD was 3 days early. nov 30 is my mom's b-day so we'll have a nice b-day present for her even if we don't hit right on the date.

christymama, if you check back by, so sorry to read of your loss. take care of yourself.

beth, don't know of anything you can do except try not to worry. they say each pregnancy is different, so hope you're just one of the lucky ones w/ no :puke ! i can't complain too much since i haven't :puke , but i get the queasies all day long and have no appetite. breasts aren't too sore, although i do get sorta irritated with DD nursing sometimes. anyone else nursing?

hope everyone has happy and healthy pregnancies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.