Mothering Forum banner

November/December Mamas

9K views 305 replies 46 participants last post by  panda 
#1 ·
Here we are! Welcome all!

See less See more
#77 ·
A little more on pregnancy symptoms...

I'm about 5 and a half weeks along. My breasts have been really tender since about 5 dpo.

I haven't had any m/s, but my appetite has been really weird--like I haven't been at all interested in some foods that I normally like. And I feel a little queasy when I think of certain others.

It's sort of funny, knowing that I'm pregnant, but not really feeling any different. I try to tune into the energy, or into my body, but I don't really have a strong sense of any presence or anything to really make me know it, kwim?

I'm a midwifery student and doing my prenatal rotation at a clinic...every day I sneak into the bathroom with a pregnancy test and take another one. How CRAZY is that?! I mean geez, you think I'd have a little faith in the process, or some inner knowledge to reassure me or something!

Glad to hear from all the other newly pregnant moms--it sounds like every woman and every pregnancy is different...

#78 ·
Hello ladies, welcome to all the new additions.....

I spent the day at Disneyland yesterday - it was SO Overcrowded, took me the whole day today to recover, I slept ALL morning - thank goodness I took the day off work. (Now I have sore legs from all the walking as well as sore boobies)

My first appt with my midwife is on May 7th......... I'm looking forward to it - I'll be about 11 weeks at that point.

#79 ·
I'm almost 7 weeks, and this week the nausea has hit. I haven't :puke yet, but have come close a couple of times today. The exhaustion is more bearable this time around (I think because I'm more used to sleep deprivation than I was with #1
: ), and my nipples have only been really sore when dd latches on. But when she does, YOUCH!

The one that really bugs me, though, is the burping. This happened with the first one too. I belched my way through the first trimester. Now it's starting all over again! I mean, it's making me feel a little
, kind of like when you have the hiccups for too long, kwim?

What odd symptoms has everyone else been feeling?

Bec

#80 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bec
The one that really bugs me, though, is the burping. This happened with the first one too. I belched my way through the first trimester.
What odd symptoms has everyone else been feeling?
Oh my gosh.....can I just say gas....I mean GAS. I sound like my dh on his WORST day. Soooooo embarrassing

#82 ·
my breasts started hurting last week (around implantation), but my NIPPLES are what is killing me right now. it feels like someone is trying wrench my nipples off with pliers. ow.
i'm a little nauseous, but no vomiting yet. i feel kinda silly, since i'm only 4 weeks, but i got morning sickness at 4 weeks with my first pregnancy, though i never did vomit. i have a strange desire to puke, though, so i have a sure sign that i really AM pregnant, kwim? heh, remind me i said this when i am puking every morning.
about food: already freaked out by pasta cream sauces (well, pretty much anything creamy right now), i have a passion for chocolate cupcakes and have a very strange desired for popcorn covered in melted cheese. heh.
can't wait until my first u/s, which should be in a couple of weeks with my r.e.

#83 ·
for weird symptoms, i get weird skin things -- skin tags and it makes my vitiligo (patchy lack of pigment primarily on my arms) worse, too, i think. my arms look like a cow. i'm lucky i have pretty light skin so it's no too noticeable especially in the winter, but in the summer when i get some sun it's worse.

#85 ·
A big hug to you, christymama. After 4 m/c.. I can say I know how hard it is... especially the waiting to find out.

I'm just about to begin the 7th week and am still felling very tired and sore boobs (nursing my 2yo) swo I know that I'm still pg.(last m/c all my preg. symptoms went away... then found out I m/c'ed)

I have my first appt on may 5.. which I'm sure they think is about 12 weeks.. but really it will be between 9-10. Wil feel much better
when I hear a hb or see something though... I'm almost afraid to really believe I'm pg until then....

my biggest gripe is my weight, though.. as I'm starting out 10 lbs. over my normal weight.. thats alot for my small frame.. so I feel like a whale already and I'm not even showing yet
:
Can't wait to see what I top out at this time around. i'll be 39 1/2 when this baby is born..so wil have to work twice as hard to lose again.. sigh.( am still eating very healthy, though!)
Am so happy fo all of ou who have seen/heard the presence of their little one! Isn't that awesome?

#86 ·
Hi everyone, I'm kind of new to these parts. I just found out I'll be having baby number 2 in December, baby number 1 is currently 4 years old. This is an unplanned but not at all unwanted pregnancy, all in all a really nice surprise.

I'm only 4 weeks along and the nausea is barking at my heels. I'm an apprentice midwife so I get to be with preggos day in and day out! Yay!

I look forward to spending the next 9 months you all!

Amy

#87 ·
Hi mamas. There's so much action on this thread I can barely keep up!

I think I'm out of my nauseous stage but not out of the fatigue -which never went away with #2.

I saw the mw last week. Excellent appt. She's great. I'm still in a little denial (remember my #2 won't be 1 for a couple of weeks). I had a good cry a couple of weeks ago and talked about my worries/fears and am feeling much better. I feel like my mw is going to really do a great job supporting me through my pregnancy.

I'm also a nursing mom. Hasn't bothered me yet but I'm lucky I don't have sore boobs this time. That would be a killer.

I'm paying close attention to my diet this time, too. With #1, the weight dropped off so quickly. #2's still hasn't completely gone so I'm starting off at a higher weight than I'd like - like someone else mentioned. I'm just going to eat well and exercise. I learned my lesson the hard way. All those shakes and sundaes just don't melt away. Too bad.

And a big surprise and hello to you Sheena! I just happen to check this thread today (I've only posted once). Wow! Congrats!

#88 ·
Yesterday at Easter dinner I was telling everyone how much better I felt, and that I thought the m/s had passed, so of course today I lost my breakfast and feel like crud. sigh. And DH is out of town for a few more days so I can't complain to anyone - except you all!

Welcome to all the new mamas!

#89 ·
I'm due in late December. I figured around the 22nd b/c I'm not sure when LMP was in March. We were planning the sale of our condo and I really just lost track of everything else.

Not many symptoms as w/ #1. No sore breast, and little to no m/s.

I go to the doctor today so I'll let you know my final edd!

So exicited and can't wiat to show that big belly off

#90 ·
Hi elfinbaby!!! Did you decide to go with the CNM? If it is who I think it she will be great support. I'm actually having 2 midwives, both of my preceptors. I told them they will need each other for support because I am such a complainer.

By 4:00 every day I HAVE to go to sleep, nothing can get between me and a nap
. And so far I only feel slight waves of nausea, I wish it would stay this way!

Amy

#91 ·
Well I saw the heartbeat, yeah! I went and had my first appt with the midwife. She was really nice. I am having an HMO hospital birth, not really what I was like, but I was happy to find a midwife I like in the system . I saw the little heartbeat and the little fingers. I never had an ultrasound this early with my son, so it was neat to see. My MS is getting better, I am 11 weeks, and my fatigue is too. Yippy second trimester! I think my son is getting less and less interested in nursing, so hopefully he will wean soon. I would be happy if he did, as my breasts hurt. Happy pregnancies to all the other pregnant beauties out there.

#92 ·
Little freaked out right now.

W/ dd #1 I did devlop high bp towards the end. not sure how it reached.

So today was my first appointment. I worried about it so much and was so neverous. I just don't want high blood pressure and can't seem to get myself off that subject.

I go in and what do you know...148/86! My god what is wrong w/ me!!! Then dr. comes in to check me out and does bp again. After the examen he leaves so I can change and get my blood drawn.

He comes back in and I asked for the bp again that he took....140/70 Holly crap!!! Then he smiles and says that my heart was racing so that he understood why it was like that.

Seriously, why can't I get past this. I'm in near tears here. I don't want to worry aobut this but I am so then of course it's going to be high.

And to make matters worse...now I'm getting headaches since Friday. I don't know if it's I'm coming down w/ something or if I'm tired b/c I can't sleep at night or are they related to something else.

I just don't want to worry about this. I really wanted a homebirth and w/ my blood pressure doing this and getting neverous I just don't know. Anyone else go through this? How did you make it better? Please, please please help me.

#93 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by acystay
Little freaked out right now.

W/ dd #1 I did devlop high bp towards the end. not sure how it reached.

So today was my first appointment. I worried about it so much and was so neverous. I just don't want high blood pressure and can't seem to get myself off that subject.

I go in and what do you know...148/86! My god what is wrong w/ me!!! Then dr. comes in to check me out and does bp again. After the examen he leaves so I can change and get my blood drawn.

He comes back in and I asked for the bp again that he took....140/70 Holly crap!!! Then he smiles and says that my heart was racing so that he understood why it was like that.

Seriously, why can't I get past this. I'm in near tears here. I don't want to worry aobut this but I am so then of course it's going to be high.

And to make matters worse...now I'm getting headaches since Friday. I don't know if it's I'm coming down w/ something or if I'm tired b/c I can't sleep at night or are they related to something else.

I just don't want to worry about this. I really wanted a homebirth and w/ my blood pressure doing this and getting neverous I just don't know. Anyone else go through this? How did you make it better? Please, please please help me.
I had High Blood pressure with #1 (Toxcemia) with #2 I was neverous about it and my blood pressure went up again.. I needed to relax myself. I had to go to my appts 20 min before they were to "calm" down before I went in. I ended up having a great birth with no problems.
HTH,
Liz

#94 ·
I'ma midwife student right now too...I'm in a CNM program. Is it hard for you to balance your apprenticeship and your family/pregnancy?

I'm finding the fatigue to be a major problem in getting my work done, since I too have to take a nap everyday. I also haven't told anyone about the pregnancy yet--I'm only 6 weeks along, so it feels a little funny...I keep thinking that one of my classmates is going to figure it out soon.

I'm definitely going to have to let the cat out of the bag if the nausea gets any worse, because I'm usually a big eater!

Anyway, nice to find another midwife-in-training here. J

#96 ·
i feel ya on the insomnia. no matter how tired i am, i have a hard time falling asleep.
is anyone else waking up earlier than they used to? i am NOT a morning person, but for the last week and a half (before i even found out i was pregnant), i've been waking up at 8, 8:30. it's true that several times a week, our alarm goes off about then to send me and/or the boy to work, but i usually can go back to sleep when it's just for him.
grrrr...
also, i seem to have a strange sort of morning sickness. this happened in my first pregnancy, too. i'm nauseous but i don't vomit, it, um, comes out another way. hehehehehe...

#98 ·
I get frustrated because I am totally exhausted all day long and have to fight to stay awake (unless dd graces me with a nap, then we share the pillow) then at night I go to bed and sit there listening to dh snore and watching time pass on the clock. And if I do fall asleep, then I wake up every couple of hours to pee. No wonder I'm exhausted all day long!

#99 ·
Checking in !! Wow - even looking at that puking icon makes me want to loose it. I wish the sickness would ebb.

I want a nap every day too - but b/w work and a toddler i just have to take what i can get.

MOONSHINE - i hear you on the feeling the loyalty to your other child thing. I was/ still am very emotional about this pregnancy and the impact it will have on my current relationship w DS. Others have been reassuring me - and i am starting to feel better - but i think it is very important to talk about. I think the subject sometimes can get shunned - as if it will make things worse - when what we need is to work through these anxieties. Maybe it should be a separate thread?

Crazy symptoms include - not being able to eat anything green (and keep it down), constipation, and extreme fatigue coupled with midnight insomnia
: it's crazy making.

Things are slow at work now - maybe i'll catch a little nap heehee.

I have to update my signature to add EDD but i can't figure it out. Wow am i ever a computer looser
:

#101 ·
Wow! So many wonderful pregnant mama's to keep me & the bean company.

Am due 12/16. Have my 1st OB app't on 5/7 but am still deciding how I want to handle the birth. This OB is one I love & who did my surgery, but she's pretty far away.

So far, no symptoms other than sore breasts, being completely uninterested in sugar & sweets, and getting hungry constantly. I actually woke up in the middle of the night ravenous & had to go eat something. I wonder if I get that even more as a vegetarian because meat tends to stick around longer than the non-meaty varieties. But man - it's embarassing. Eat a huge meal & 2 hours later I'm ravenous again.

Also, am having disturbing pg-related dreams. Dreams of miscarriage, dreamt last night that I carried baby full term but when he was delivered he had a severly heart-shaped head because his head had started to divide like cells do. Did anyone else have this kind of thing happen? Am starting to worry that it actually means something's wrong, rather than just being "worst-case-scenario" acting-out that I think dreams do sometimes to actually alleviate fears & stress.

Starting on the 6th week...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.