November/December Mamas - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 306 Old 04-24-2003, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! Just checking in. It's been a while!!

Things are going good. I'm more and more relieved as each day passes and I don't have any spotting. We saw the heartbeat a week and a half ago so the chance of m/c drops to less than 5%. I'm just about 9 weeks.

I've been mindnumbingly tired!!! Also...NOTHING tastes that good lately. Anyone else having this problem? I'm almost forcing myself to eat something because I am hungry.

Welcome to all new mamas!!!
#122 of 306 Old 04-24-2003, 10:43 AM

Hello mamas and mamas-to-be! Hope everyone's having a great week.

I'm going to jinx myself again, but here goes . I'm almost to 12 weeks, and my appetite's returning. For the last few weeks, I wanted to go out to eat for every meal, because the thought of handling food or trying to make something grossed me out. And doing the dishes was a major turn-off, too. But it's getting better.

And my energy is up a bit, too - not all the time, but I have patches of "up" time and I've been getting more done at work.

I've been so inconsistant in taking my prenatals, sigh. I took one with breakfast this morning. Now I'm tasting it, ugh, I hate these things! My poor nutrition deprived babe . I'm having a hard time reaching 100 grams of protein a day, too. What protein food are you all eating? Since I've been pregnant, I can't even think about eggs. I've been eating more meat, more milk, nuts, cheese...
#123 of 306 Old 04-24-2003, 11:04 AM

Whoops, double post.
#124 of 306 Old 04-24-2003, 12:13 PM

Hi everyone. I have been out of town for a while and away from the computer- I just tried to read everyone's posts but somehow got lost and seemed to have missed a bunch. Went back and forth reading posts and finally caught most of them. Welcome to all the new preggo's. I hope those of you who were spotting and cramping are doing okay. I am 12 weeks today and the tired thing seems to be getting much better. I completely gave up on trying to wear any non-maternity clothes during the past week. My belly is way to big to fit in "normal" clothes. My belly button is sticking out also- it stuck out quickly the first time also. My DD has a baby growing in her belly- or so she says she does. She is a riot and doesn't understand everything (almost 3 yrs.) and she also says she has her period. She doesn't realize that periods go away with pregnancy. she keeps me and DH laughing. I hope you are all feeling alright!
#125 of 306 Old 04-24-2003, 01:32 PM

For keeping your blood pressure within normal range obviously eat extra protein, try to get some form of exercise every day, drink tons and tons of water and take in more calcium, magnesium, and zinc. You can get a cal-mag spray that works wonders.

It's also important to salt to taste. Everyone assumes preggos should avoid salt but that is no longer conventional wisdom. Your body needs salt so make sure you salt in moderation if you usually use salt.

Amy

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#126 of 306 Old 04-24-2003, 04:49 PM

Hi mammas! been a while,I am sooooooo tired!And starving all the time!and way more sick than with my other two-could be the nursing...I'm not feeling as strong a bond with this one,could be cos it's making me feel sick and tired and emotional and frustrated....poor baby,I really do love you!Ds says it's time to go to the park,hope I can make it!

:::
#127 of 306 Old 04-25-2003, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheena
For keeping your blood pressure within normal range obviously eat extra protein, try to get some form of exercise every day, drink tons and tons of water and take in more calcium, magnesium, and zinc. You can get a cal-mag spray that works wonders.

Amy
Where would one get this cal-mag spray?
#128 of 306 Old 04-25-2003, 10:18 PM

Just found this site for help in figuring the protein count in many foods. It was awesome! I just filled in my chart today and I've been averaging about 75 grams so need a little work on getting a little more protein but I'm getting there

Chart that protein!
#129 of 306 Old 04-26-2003, 06:24 AM

So I am up. It is 3am. I think reading all the talk of being tired and not being able to sleep has gotten to me. I woke up to go pee and laid back down but I couldn't sleep. I began thinking of all of you. So I got up to eat a banana and get online. I really never have a problem sleeping. I think I'll try to lay down again. Today is going to be a busy day. Not going to be much time for a nap, better get all the sleep I need right now. I want another banana though. That was good.

#130 of 306 Old 04-26-2003, 12:07 PM

You can find the cal-mag spray at many health food stores, I'm not sure about Whole Foods. If you have a neighborhood health food store you may want to check there and if not you can order it online.

Here is one place but there are many that carry it:

http://www.suncoastherbs.com/vitamis...-calmag%20.asp

#131 of 306 Old 04-26-2003, 12:09 PM

Quote:
So I am up. It is 3am. I think reading all the talk of being tired and not being able to sleep has gotten to me. I woke up to go pee and laid back down but I couldn't sleep. I began thinking of all of you. So I got up to eat a banana and get online. I really never have a problem sleeping. I think I'll try to lay down again.
Oh Beth, I never had a problem sleeping either but now I wake up almost every night between 2 am and 3 and I CANNOT get back to sleep. It is the worst. I hope your insomnia is fleeting!

Amy

#132 of 306 Old 04-26-2003, 12:34 PM

I've been waking up at around 3:30 every night to go pee - I don't have much problem going back to sleep (most nights anyway) because I hardly wake up at all to pee - I'm like a ZOMBIE walking into the bathroom, sit, pee and staggger back to bed.
#133 of 306 Old 04-26-2003, 03:49 PM

I have to stagger from the far side of the bed.. into the hall.. down the stairs.. through the kitchen.. finally to the bathroom..by the time I'm done i'm wide awake
#134 of 306 Old 04-26-2003, 08:33 PM

Anyone else happy about the increased blood flow in the important places?? On nights I can stay awake longer than the kids, sex is ROCKIN'. I orgasm more easily and it's more intense than usual!

My fatigue is easing up a little bit... I am able to stay up until 9 or even 10 again! I am waiting for the afternoon/ evening queasies to leave, though. I am tired of hiding in the bedroom so I don't have to smell dinner...

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#135 of 306 Old 04-26-2003, 11:28 PM

Nope - no rockin sex yet, I'm probably a few weeks to go.

I'm still tired, but it has eased up a little, smells still make me feel queazy - it was laundry detergent the other morning, and there have been a few others.

I can't wait till I stop looking like I'm just getting plump and start looking pregnant.
#136 of 306 Old 04-27-2003, 09:56 AM

Things are good here, too. I'm still beat everyday but I'm doing the waking up at night thing, go pee, can't go back to sleep. I don't look at the clock so I have no idea what kind of sleep I'm missing. As for sex, I prefer sleep If dh isn't up for it in the morning, he can forget it. But even that's hard to do since I've been sleeping on the floor in the living room. It's the smell or something in the bedroom. I haven't slept in the bed in over a week. Plus, dd and I can stretch out on the floor and she doesn't wake up to nurse most of the time. Smells are so weird. I think my whole darn house stinks. Every room smells different, too. Yuck!

Anybody gonna take birth classes? I actually teach Bradley and am on #3 but I want to. I think it would have helped dh and I in my last pregnancy just to spend time together focusing on the new baby. I want to take something different just for kicks. Last time, I think I thought everything would just fall into place like before and I guess it did for the most part, but I need to be mentally and emotionally prepared if my labor is quicker than last time. There was a thread about it but I think it's dead.

Have a good week ladies!
#137 of 306 Old 04-27-2003, 11:57 AM

Hi all! I had a bit of a nerve wracking Fri-Sat. I woke up spotting on Friday morning. Now, just last week I posted on here about my friend who spotted and everything was totally fine, BUT it's really different when it's YOU, kwim? LOL So, I called Dr and he told me to just take it easy and call him back if it got worse. Well, I just got really nervous, esp. since it was Friday and I didn't want to get worse over the weekend.... So I went in and had a check and the baby is fine, nice strong heartbeat and all. So he told me to just take it easy until the bleeding stopped. So I laid around Friday afternoon and yesterday and I think I'm fine now...

He said so many blood vessels are forming during this time (I'm about 9 weeks) that one probably just popped or leaked....no big deal.

Dh was so good with dd...he *totally* wore her out yesterday and she slept an extra 2 hours this morning. WooHoo!

Anyway, hope we're all feeling good!
#138 of 306 Old 04-27-2003, 10:05 PM

because of dh and my extreme paranoia, we are not having sex AT ALL. i don't even get to have an orgasm. it sucks.
the past couple mornings, i've spent 10 minutes dry heaving with no results. it sucks. i kinda wish i would just throw up.
we have our first ultrasound tomorrow morning and i am terrified. cross your fingers for a healthy baby!
#139 of 306 Old 04-27-2003, 11:09 PM

Quote:
i've spent 10 minutes dry heaving with no results. it sucks. i kinda wish i would just throw up.
Sadly, I hear that...

#140 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 09:34 AM

Good morning everyone!

Witchbaby, I'll be thinking of you at your u/s!

No exciting sex for me either. I had a m/c 5 months ago and I'm extra paranoid until the 12th week mark or so. DH understands. We are planning a move next month and we are both tired anyway.

A few bouts of m/s!!! If I don't eat "right away" when I get up and wait and have a banana, it doesn't cut it. I have a different strategy this morning...I'm going to try a yogurt then have a bigger breakfast later. Strange to eat when I'm not all that hungry just to prevent a hour of naseau!

I'm a little over 9 weeks...feeling poochy! Boobs are getting sore...I mean just walking around and bouncing a little they hurt.

So far I get up about 2 times during the night but I've been able to get back to sleep. It doesn't seem to help "no fluids after 8 or so".

Talk to you all later!!!
#141 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 12:16 PM

the ultrasound went fine. there's a gestational sac with a yolk and the doctor seemed very pleased. he checked around to make sure no one else had taken up residence, too!
this was really great because this is the first ultrasound where the doctor told us everything was fine from the start. with snowflake, at the dating u/s the nurse said "i'm not seeing a happy little picture like i would expect" which scared the hell outta us-- and, of course, made us wonder later when the baby died. when the doc couldn't find the heartbeat at 11 weeks, she did an u/s and told us we'd lost him. so to hear someone say things are good is a great relief.
no dryheaving today, though, while leaning over the laundry basket, vomit actual DID come up my throat briefly. ick. it really would have sucked to throw up. especially since those were clean clothes.
we have another u/s scheduled for may 13, so we can check the progress and see a heartbeat!
#142 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 02:39 PM

If this post jinxes me I will be SO mad!I am on day 4 of no nausea!YAY!(on day one we did have fabulous sex,also the day we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary,which was the day before,yay us!)Saturday I got to clean the front room,mop,move furniture,the works! The only downside is that, of course,dh is getting sicker by the day.Somehow if I am well he is sick and vice versa...weird.(and payback time!!! forgive me an evil guffaw)
I have noticed a thanksgiving theme in my cravings!1-fried chicken w/applesauce and potatoes.2-carrot cake.3-cherry,apple or bannana cream pie .4-stuffing.-and they don't sound good unless homemade.weird,huh?
SO happy to feel good! but not ,although I about lost it all through the grocery store this morning from all the smells

:::
#143 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 02:52 PM

Oh, I'm so jealous Audrey! I have been actually crying about my morning sickness this time around. I'm only 6 weeks and I have so much longer to feel sick. I don't know how I will get through it. I can't imagine 6 more weeks of this. Sigh.

#144 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 03:41 PM

I feel very fortunate to have eally experienced minimal m/s with all of my pregnancies..I'm about 8 weeks now and have yet to feel much more than a few twinges of nausea now and again... I'm knockin' on wood, though.
I'm counting down to my first u/s a week from today. THEN I can get excited about this pregnancy...I just haven't dared to yet.. 4 miscarraiges make me a bit skeptical....
I'll check back in after that
#145 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 04:34 PM

My nausea is starting to dissapate. I am 12 weeks tommorrow, YEAH! I haven't wanted to have sex with my husband(long story) so I have no idea if it would be good. I also second the every room having it's own smell, and smelling bad, especially the bathrooms. We have been trying to keep the doors cosed so DS doesn't go in them and play, but then the musty smell just builds up, yuck. I am starting to want to eat healthy again and the cravings for "bad" foods are starting to go away so that is a plus. I had all these intentions of eating awesome the whole pregnancy, but then that nausea, fatigue and food cravings hit, and I haven't been doing so good. Well talk to you all later.
#146 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 04:41 PM

Momatheart- it's nice to see a post from someone else who is starting to want to eat healthy again- that is exactly where I am. I have been cooking and eating lots of fresh veggies once again. My husband is psyched to have this side of me back.
I stayed up really late two nights in a row this weekend. Played cards with good friends on Saturday night until 11:30 while one of them chanted "horray for the second trimester" numerous times throughout the night. Last night I went to a concert and did not get home until after midnight. DD woke me up at 6 this morning saying "mommy, it's morning time" and climbed in bed with me. Boy am I a zombie today but it's awesome that I can actually stay awake past 8:30.
Friday was officially the first day of my second trimester- or so the pregnancy calculator that I found on line said.
I hope those of you who are still in the first few weeks start feeling better soon.
#147 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 04:45 PM

ugh, m/s...more like all day puking feel (can't use the other one, just too much for me)

I tyring to choke down a peice of toast w/ applesauce-tofu spread but it just an't working. I did eat lunch and breakfast, but needed something else to ease the tummy.

I did have a funny tingle in my leg yesterday but it coulda been from the 4 miles of walking I did!

I'm 7wks today (fingers crossed!). I can't wait to get that big belly! I'm slowly pudging out but nothing. The other night I thought I was in for a HUGE belly b/c my pants got tighter as the day wore on. But darn...it was just gas.
#148 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 05:33 PM

LOL, I'm glad to hear I am not the only one pudging out early. I'm thinking it is mostly gas and water retention but it's still not a pretty sight!

#149 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 06:15 PM

julieshayna, I think we have the exact same edd. Mine is something like the 4,5 or 7.

I do the 2 breakfasts, too. I have to eat right away - ran for the yogurt during m/s. Now I do oatmeal or whole wheat molasses bread then go for my walk. I am starving when I get back. I eat like a hobbit - breakfast, elevensies, etc. LOL

Sadly, I have figured out why I can't sleep in the bedroom. It's because of DH's smell!!! He would be so sad. I comes home really late after working in the restaurant, shuts the door (trapping the smell), and falls into bed. When I walk in the room every morning I have to air the freaking room out! Normally, I am attracted to his scent (it's not b.o. that I'm talking about) but I can't stand this. Hrumph.
#150 of 306 Old 04-28-2003, 09:05 PM

Haven't posted in a while, I saw the midewife last week and everything is going good so far.

My only complaints are that i'm tired all the time, and have been oh so nauseas! This preg is so diffrent from with my ds. Not to mention that my poor dh is still bedridden for another 2 months and we are staying with the in-laws. Which is a blessing, i couldn't care for my hurt dh, and chase my 14month old around all the time.

Okay i think i will go for now

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page