feeling of pressure on cervix? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Mama's,

I am 18 weeks pregnant, and yesterday I started having a feeling of pressure in the region of my cervix. I don't remember ever having this feeling in my last pregnancy. Is this normal? Have any of you had this feeling? I often have it when I stand up after I have been sitting in front of my computer at work. The feeling passes after a few minutes standing up. Do you think it's just the feeling of the baby's weight on my cervix?

TIA,

Melanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 AM

I had a similar feeling with DS2 from about 20 weeks or so. I ended up in L&D one evening because it felt like the baby was right there. It was really scary! I was assured that it was perfectly normal and that my cervix was closed up tightly. I went on to deliver at 38 weeks

Anyway, that's only one of a number of things that were very different in subsequent pregnancies as opposed to my first. My third has been even more interesting!
#3 of 5 Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 AM

I have it *all* *the* *time*. And I am about 24 weeks. It has been more and more since 20 weeks. I only had it the last month or so with my DS, but I believe that I am carrying this baby much lower.

It is totally normal.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#4 of 5 Old 10-03-2006, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies! It's good to know that it's normal.

Melanie
#5 of 5 Old 10-03-2006, 02:42 PM

I too had a lot of pressure from about 18 weeks to about 22 weeks. It seems to have gone away mostly in the last few weeks. I read (on here) that it was normal at this point because the baby is low but as your uterus grows and baby can move up and away there is less pressure. My midwife said as long as the pressure wasn't coming and going regularly, or accompanied by cramping/contractions, I was OK.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page