When the spotting was okay... - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 132 Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Me!!  With my boys, I spotted for about 3 days each, around 6-8weeks.  Sometimes it was bright red, sometimes dark.  With my third pregnancy I did not spot but started spotting and bleeding around 11.5 weeks and I just knew it was different, and miscarried a few days later.  I'm pregnant now, in my second trimester, and haven't bled at all.  You can bet I've been watching the toilet paper!!

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#122 of 132 Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had heavy bleeding with my first in the first weeks of my pregnancy. That pregnancy resulted in a beautiful little boy.

I spotted/bled with my second and miscarried.

With my little daughter I had spotting between week 20 and 30. No explanation. I made countless trips to the hospital and the baby was well.

I`m pregnant again (24 weeks) and I just had spotting a couple of weeks ago. Pink/brown but still scary.

Always nervous, always watching the TP and always praying for a healthy baby.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#123 of 132 Old 02-29-2012, 09:18 PM

I had spotting and red bleeding (lightish) at 10.5 weeks and am now 19 weeks along with my twins. It turned out the bleeding was vaginal and not related to babies or placenta. We think irritation from Progesterone suppositories had a lot to do with the bleeding.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#124 of 132 Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bump.gif

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#125 of 132 Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 PM

With my third pregnancy I had spotting at 7 weeks and then very heavy bleeding at 8 weeks. So much that I was sure I was miscarrying. I had an ultrasound which showed baby was all well and good though I had a retro placental bleed. The bleeding eventually stopped after a few weeks. My DS was born healthy at 41+3 weeks.

I'm only 3 weeks along with my 4th pregnancy now but I had an implantation bleed 4 days ago before I even knew I was pregnant. The bleeding stopped but everything seems ok.

I did a lot of research with my last pregnancy due to the bleeding and found out that bleeding in pregnancy is very common. It helps to hear that over and over again though as its very scary when you experience it!

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#126 of 132 Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Another "bleeding was normal for me" story. I didn't bleed at all with my first two, but had some bleeding with this pregnancy which was very alarming to me. I bled for a couple of days around 5 weeks, and then again had bleeding at 8 weeks and it was heavier and was accompanied by cramps. But everything turned out fine.

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

#127 of 132 Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 PM

I had spotting and bleeding during my pregnancy in the 1st and 2nd trimesters but had a full term healthy baby.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#128 of 132 Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 AM

Oh what a timely thread, thank you to another mama who posted this thread in another thread about spotting that I started!!  I am curious if anyone was breastfeeding an older child or 2 when they had bleeding in their pregnancy?  A few very trusted people in my life are convinced that my bleeding, which is very minimal, is a cause  for concern BECAUSE I am breastfeeding.  I am still in my first trimester, and in previous pregnancies it has always stopped before the 2nd trimester, so I am not worried right now.  I have no cramping indicating a possible miscarriage, and have never had preterm labor which they think will happen as well if I do not stop breastfeeding.  Any thoughts, insight and advice is appreciated.

Just love.

#129 of 132 Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadkindness View Post

Oh what a timely thread, thank you to another mama who posted this thread in another thread about spotting that I started!!  I am curious if anyone was breastfeeding an older child or 2 when they had bleeding in their pregnancy?  A few very trusted people in my life are convinced that my bleeding, which is very minimal, is a cause  for concern BECAUSE I am breastfeeding.  I am still in my first trimester, and in previous pregnancies it has always stopped before the 2nd trimester, so I am not worried right now.  I have no cramping indicating a possible miscarriage, and have never had preterm labor which they think will happen as well if I do not stop breastfeeding.  Any thoughts, insight and advice is appreciated.

Well I don't know hr answer but I am in a similar situation. I'm 6 wks + 2 days according to the dating ultrasound I had yesterday and am nursing my 19mo DS at least 3-4 times a day. He still drinks quite a lot. I was wondering the same thing as you about whether nursing makes the bleeding worse. I have had 3 bleeds with this pregnancy, at 8 days after conception, at 4.5 weeks gestation and. Most recently at 6 weeks gestation. All more than spotting, the first was like a period (lasted 5 days), the second and third bright red blood followed by brown spotting. Yesterday the US tech saw a heartbeat and measured the LO was 6wks+1 day. So apparently all is okay at present though I am concerned that at 6 weeks I've already had 3 bleeds.

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#130 of 132 Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 AM

So happy I found this thread, it's so reassuring! I'm only 6 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and I've been spotting/bleeding dark red or brown for a week now. At one point it was so bad, I assumed I was miscarrying and went to the ER to find out everything seemed perfectly normal and dr can't find why I'm bleeding. It's been there on and off, no bleeding during the day, then it's back around 1 am and stops again in the morning. Very strange, can't wait to see how it ends.

I also have my happy story for baby #1. I spotted pink/red/brown when I was around 6-7 weeks for a day or 2. Too late for implantation bleeding. At that time, we thought my boyfriend was unable to conceive and for us this pregnancy was a miracle. Needless to say I was totally freaking out, I was convinced I'd loose the baby and our only chance to conceive! It was my first pregnancy, and rarely do people talk about bleeding or spotting that isn't a miscarriage. Anyway, this pregnancy ended in a beautiful baby boy born healthy (induced) at 42+3 weeks! And I never knew the reason of the bleeding... Hope people would talk about it more though, then maybe it would be a little less scary when it happens.

I'll post an update about the outcome of pregnancy #2, hope it'll be another happy story. Fingers crossed!

#131 of 132 Old 04-09-2014, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Bump.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#132 of 132 Old 04-09-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyTiger View Post

Bump.
grouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page