Finding out sex noninvasively - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend did the ring & thread test a couple of weeks ago and it said 'boy' but she had a girl 2 days later. The Chinese gender chart (lunar age) told her girl. This other internet test told her 60% chance of girl. Really, it all makes me : But coming from a genetics perspective (in my former life I worked with DNA), it's not at all difficult to see whether a mom has the male Y chromosome circulating in her blood, as long as you get the right sampling. It's expensive, though, I'm sure!

I have to go for a bunch of extra u/s with this pregnancy, so I'm going to find out this time around! After 2 surprises, I get to know the sex before the baby's born! WooHoo!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#62 of 66 Old 01-03-2007, 12:44 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
So with this pendulum thing, do I hold the thread/hair with the weight hanging below my wrist, or does someone else hold it above my wrist? And how does it get its initial motion? Do you push it, and if so, doesn't that affect the motion?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#63 of 66 Old 01-03-2007, 02:30 AM

I know this thread is old, but I have experience with the first company and I would NOT reccomend them. They are very, very unprofessional and my experience with them was a nightmare.
#64 of 66 Old 01-03-2007, 03:33 AM

Huh, I just did the pendelum thing and got BBGGG. So far it is right on the BBG so this one is going to be a girl with another girl later? : But how does it indicate it is "done". After the 5th it slowed down, but didn't come to a total stop and I was scared there would be more so I quit

#65 of 66 Old 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM

You can hold the 'pendulum' over your own wrist, or someone else can hold it--seems to work the same either way. For me, the motion stops in between children--it either circles or just stops. It also starts by itself, you can try as hard as you possibly can to hold perfectly still and it will still start moving 'on it's own'. I actually think it's being moved by your own energy (I know it sounds a little crazy)

I also just tried again, 3 times and got the exact same thing--BBBGGBG and then a DEAD stop, almost like it's magnetized straight down. Then I thought 'is the baby I am carrying now a girl?' and got a 'yes'. Then I thought 'is the baby I am carrying now a boy?' and got a 'no'. We'll see if it's right!

It's funny too because once I started having children, I KNEW I wanted lots and never wanted to stop. Even after the last (miscarriage) I just KNEW I wanted more. Desperately. A few months ago, I had a dream that I told my mom that I was pregnant, with a girl, and she was so excited for me! She said 'now you can knit all sorts of things for her too!' and I said 'yes! exactly!' then I told her that I really felt done after this child, and knew I didn't want any more. When I woke up, I thought that was funny because I have never ever felt 'done'. But guess what? I am having the feeling now that I really, really am done after this one. Isn't that funny! I truly believe that our intuition could tell us a lot more if we only knew how to listen.

FreeRangeMama, that would indicate the son, son, and daughter that you already have--then this pregnancy is another girl, and you have one more girl coming. Try it again and see if you get the same thing! Does your pendulum clearly stop between each one? Make sure you're not counting one long swinging as two kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenomicsGirl View Post
My friend did the ring & thread test a couple of weeks ago and it said 'boy' but she had a girl 2 days later. The Chinese gender chart (lunar age) told her girl. This other internet test told her 60% chance of girl. Really, it all makes me : But coming from a genetics perspective (in my former life I worked with DNA), it's not at all difficult to see whether a mom has the male Y chromosome circulating in her blood, as long as you get the right sampling. It's expensive, though, I'm sure!

I have to go for a bunch of extra u/s with this pregnancy, so I'm going to find out this time around! After 2 surprises, I get to know the sex before the baby's born! WooHoo!
Your friend may have had her 'boy' swinging direction mixed up with the 'girl' one? You should try to establish which is which before starting--though I have found with most people, that back and forth across the wrist is 'boy', and up and down--going up toward your fingers and back toward your elbow--is 'girl'.

I think we should all do the pendulum, and report back whether it was accurate or not!
#66 of 66 Old 01-04-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellesmommy View Post
But I'm still intrigued about a non-invasive test to find out the sex.
I'd consider $390 to be invasive to my finances.

Seriously though, I don't peek at Christmas presents and I'm glad I didn't "peek" at my third baby's gender (we did find out gender via u/s with first two babes). Totally neat being the first person to know what gender the baby was... well, it was one of the highlights of my life. If we have a fourth, I will definitely do it this way again.

BTW- I had a few girl dreams but I was totally expecting a boy. I was wrong.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page