dh is the sweetest, most gentle loving husband and father on the planet. Don't get me wrong. He's an amazing, bright, creative man and i love him dearly. We rarely fight... we laugh alot..its a great friendship, relationship and marriage.
ok. that said
i'm going to flipping KILL HIM!!! what i'd say to dh if i had the energy this morning......
1. please don't veto every single name i come up with for our son and then say "we'll figure it out. we have months". I really thought we were done.. i love the name Zane and thought he did too. Now he's saying "eh, i just don't think its OUR sons name". argh!!! We all KNOW you want to name him after yourself, so why don't you admit it already so i have 4 months to get over it and accept the fact that my son will not have a unique , unusual name...he'll be Tommy. Its a fine name, but if you don't just SAY thats what you want, then i'm going to keep looking for alternatives.
2. please don't tell me how you want to help cuz i'm getting really pregnant now and should relax a little and then make huge messes for me to clean up
. it really sucks cleaning up other ppl's stuck on oatmeal bowls that have been sitting for 3 hours cuz you forgot to soak it in the sink. specially when i've not eaten any oatmeal.
3. please don't feed our 2.5 year old ice cream for dessert at 7:30pm at night (i know you're bonding with her... i can see that) when she didn't nap all day and she and I are both really really tired. It wires her out and then no one sleeps till later...well...except you, cuz you're napping on the couch while I am trying to calm her down reading books in her room.
4. I know its fun for you (at age 42) to watch cartoons with our 13 year old and its a bonding thing for the two of you. I love watching you and she giggling together on the floor .and I know you are working your tail off all day so i can be a sahm, but um... could you maybe acknowledge my existance if i talk to you directly? like answer me?
5. Last but not least. Remember sex? I do. See, i've entered the second trimester and my body (as big as it is) remembers you...and remembers sex. Now, i know you have zero libido due to medications and i know you work lots of hours doing p hysical work out in the hot sun 6 days a week and are tired. I don't ask often. but when i do ask, just once in a while it would be nice if you'd respond in a way other then to sigh that you're too tired and I should've asked earlier (when you were watchin cartoons with the teen or when i was struggling to get the 2 year old wired on icecream to sleep?) I'm tired too. I still want to be close with you a little more then once a month. It makes me feel really unattractive when you repeatedly decline. Oh, and then asking me when i've got a 25 tiedye bandana order all over my laundry room, a 2.5 year old who wants to play on the swings and a teenager bugging me to let her ride her bike to circle K ...well... i can't do it then, sorry, thats why i ask at NIGHT.
thanks for reading my rant. I'm 23 weeks and a few days and feeling quite emotional this morning.