You know you've reached the "big pregnant" stage when... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...you wait in line for the handicapped stall in public restrooms b/c it's easier to get your belly in and out

...you tell DH to park wayyyy out there so no one will park next to you b/c you're worried about being able to get back into the car

...you start rearranging your furniture because you feel too big to maneuver around it easily

Just thought I'd share some of the things that have made me realize I finally look and *FEEL* really pregnant :LOL. Who else has some to share??

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 05:35 PM

...when you scootch your chair up to the dining room table and yelp because your belly button touched the table. :

...when the cat stares at you for a long time before *attempting* to jump up in your lap.

...when you have super thigh muscles/gluts from squatting all the time.

#3 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 06:10 PM

I'm not there yet, but I just had to tell you that I love these scenerios! Thanks for the laughs!!

#4 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 07:20 PM

you are unloading your grocery cart and knocking M&M's and candy bars off the shelf with the belly!
#5 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 07:47 PM

How about this one...

While shopping, you suddenly realize your 4 year old is no where in sight. Panic stricken, you call his name while scanning the crowd only to have him step out from in front you.

banana.gif

#6 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 07:50 PM

:LOL

. . . it takes five minutes to pry yourself out of the couch

. . . your children giggle when they see you naked
#7 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 08:15 PM

Greenluv, that was hysterical! I have an image in my head now. Thanks for the laugh.

I can also relate to waiting for the handicapped stall. I cannot manuever in the regular ones.
#8 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 08:35 PM

True story, happened just yesterday in Walmart!

banana.gif

#9 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 09:04 PM

greenluv, so true. i was gonna say, when you accidentally knock over your 2 year old because she's standing beneath your belly and you don't see her there before you start moving...:LOL

"oops...mama's so sorry baby, i didn't see you there." :LOL
#10 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 09:15 PM

Two days before ds was born we went to Taco Bell for lunch (I know, I know...).

I couldn't fit in the booths. I couldn't fit in the chairs either, which are bolted to the floor about 6 inches from the tables. I couldn't even fit in the chairs sideways.

A co-worker that was pg thought something was wrong with her car - she kept hearing a weird swishing sound. She even pulled over. Turns out it was the steering wheel rubbing against her belly while she drove. :LOL
#11 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 09:19 PM

You have to heave your legs across your body in order to get enough momentum to turn over in bed.

When you do finally turn over, you inadvertantly grunt or fart or pee. Or all three.

You get winded getting the phone.

All you can dream about is being able to sleep on your stomach and not next to it.

You find yourself writing a f#*K you note to someone who has parked too close to your car. You have to climb in through the passenger seat and then over the emergency break. You almost break your own water doing so (true story!)

Oh I'm so glad I'm not pregnant anymore! LOL.

Jesse
Mama to Violet 7-14-00
Zoe 2-5-03
#12 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 09:39 PM

I remember those days, and I'll probably soon experience them again. The one thing that struck me last time, was when I would turn sideways to fit through a narrow space, and it made me WIDER............. I can't count the number of times I did that.

Chelly
#13 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 09:47 PM

I was going to start this thread myself when I saw this!

I had a few good ones the other day but the only one I can think of now is:

- the dishes in the sink keep getting farther and farther away.

(I've been having a harder and harder time reaching them for a few days now, I have to practially lean over just to turn on the faucet!)
#14 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 09:57 PM

You smack your belly from scooting your chair too close to your desk to answer the telephone. Ouch! I had no idea a bellybutton could hurt so much.

When you give up having a cup of tea because you can't reach the hot water spout on the coffee machine because it's in a small kitchen with a large copy machine.... and you can't fit between the copy machine and the counter any more.

When you have to consider "Gee, just how bad do I have to pee?" before hauling your pregnant self out of bed in the middle of the night (as if NOT peeing was really an option, lol).

When your annoying co-worker asks if you've started carrying around your hospital bag in your car yet - and you still have 10 weeks to go!!! Rotten )(*%(^&%(&^#!!!

#15 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 10:02 PM

I haven't been pregnant for awhile now, but...

...when you have a hard time getting clothes out of the washer

...when the only shoes you wear slip on

...people give you that sympathy look and ask "how much longer" and you still have 8 week to go
#16 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 10:03 PM

... when you count it a good night when you only have to get up to pee twice and only have 3 leg cramps.

... when you roll over and realize that you closely resemble an alligator wrestler.

... when you're down to 2 pairs of pants and realize that the line "sized to accomidate a 25-35 lb weight gain" is an abject lie.
#17 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bunny's mama
greenluv, so true. i was gonna say, when you accidentally knock over your 2 year old because she's standing beneath your belly and you don't see her there before you start moving...:LOL

"oops...mama's so sorry baby, i didn't see you there." :LOL
My poor 2yo... I do that to her on a daily basis. The poor kid!
#18 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 11:18 PM

OMG!!! Thank you soooo much for all these great stories!! Not two days ago I had a car park too close to mine and had to climb over from the passenger side!

Here's another one:

When *attempting* to hug you, your dh giggles and says "that's where the basketball went!"
#19 of 37 Old 04-16-2003, 11:20 PM

This was last night's-

When, an hour after you finally fall asleep, you wake up having to go to the bathroom, and when you finally get out of bed, your poor legs and pelvic muscles are so sore that you almost fall over on the way to the bathroom. :

When you look at your belly button everyday and wonder if you're actually going to have a belly buttont hat pops out this time.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#20 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 12:07 AM

LOL...I've been using the handicapped stall for a long time, at LEAST my whole third trimester, because I have a toddler that I have to take in with me, too!

Here are mine...

...when it takes you a major effort and a lot of pillow shifting just to roll over in bed.

...when you have a built-in cereal bowl shelf.
#21 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by busybusymomma
My poor 2yo... I do that to her on a daily basis. The poor kid!
Me too. Mine would come up behind me and be so close to me that I'd turn around and end up walking right into her. I've stepped on her toes several times. Oh well, recently I've lain on the floor only to have her walk up so close to my breasts that she actually mashed my nipple with her foot. So she got me back.

I remember one time when I was taking a bunch of my nieces and nephews to a movie. I couldn't find one of my nieces, but I was wearing a dress with a long, billowing skirt. I turned around to look for her, only to find that she had been walking very close to me and hiding in my skirt. The ticket taker pointed her out to me. :LOL She was very timid in situations like that.
#22 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm not quite into the big stage yet, but I love reading these so I just had to get myself added to the notification when new replies come through!!

I do have to say I'm NOT looking forward to how MUCH more difficult its going to get to climb out of bed... I already have to get momentum and LAUNCH myself out of bed now and I just hit 18 weeks! Isn't this the "good" trimester for peeing? Why do I feel like I slept well when I only had to get up 3 times to go? : Oh yeah I can tell this is gonna get REAL fun! :LOL

Very well worth it though!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#23 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rwikene
...people give you that sympathy look and ask "how much longer" and you still have 8 week to go
I am soooo there! People always say - noooo you couldn't have that much longer. : Thanks!
#24 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Amywillo
Oh well, recently I've lain on the floor only to have her walk up so close to my breasts that she actually mashed my nipple with her foot. So she got me back.
Dd did that to me with her knee the other day on the couch, I swear the neighbors heard me holler three blocks away! Ouch! Oh well, they might as well get used to it cause we'll be having a homebirth any day now and I can't promise not to make any noise. LOL
#25 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 03:28 PM

These are SO great! :LOL

I'm only 23 weeks so not toooo big yet, but I just remembered one that happened a little while ago.

I was on the phone and making dinner at the same time. I had to get a bowl out from the cupboard above the fridge. As I reached up, I literally bounced off the fridge! I must have grunted or something because my friend (on the phone) said, "WOW, what just happened!"
#26 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 03:54 PM

You wake up in the middle of the night and realize that you have to pee NOW. You walk down the hall to the bathroom doing that funny waddle chanting "please let me make it to the potty" Just when you think you might make it...that little trickle begins to escape.
#27 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 03:59 PM

I remember those day (coupla years ago...)

I think I got big fast, because I just didn't seem to know my belly was out there....

I burned my tummy ironing because I didn't realize it was there.

I kept running into things with it (because "I" didn't start until another foot or 2 back, right?)

Kristine
#28 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 06:06 PM

How about... You've laughed so hard reading this thread that you've peed just a bit. But you're too tired to get off this chair and change your underwear.

Okay so I am not big yet but that just happened to me. Thanks for the laughs
#29 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rwikene

...when you have a hard time getting clothes out of the washer
:LOL That's another one I forgot!

...when food falls off your fork, and instead of falling back onto the plate, it lands on your belly!
#30 of 37 Old 04-17-2003, 11:53 PM

Those were the days!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page