how to tell if baby is engaged in pelvis? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-28-2006, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I heard people talking of it and it makes me wonder. i turn 32 weeks on wednesday i had an ultrasound this past wednedsay and my daughter is head down and im sure its really low by where she had the u.s doppler on my belly. It reminded me of the ultrasouns i had with my son at 39weeks. its hard to tell if the baby has gotten lower seeing as she has been low most of the pregnancy.

i know i wrote this in the due date one but im not sure that people read those or alot more would read on this one then the due date one.
another thing has anyone like when your are having a BM felt like u could push the child out like when you are in labor and they tell u the head is crowning that weird feeling of pressure etc in ur vaginal area?
#2 of 3 Old 10-28-2006, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
When my DS "dropped" it made it feel funny to walk, like his head was right there between my legs even though it wasn't, labor started about a week and a half later. They won't need to tell you the baby's crowning, you'll know you will feel it (I had my hand on his head keeping track of where he was). But yeah it does feel as if the baby is ready to pop out any moment doesn't it? Really there's a lot of dialation and quite a bit of travel by pushing before you get to crowning though.
#3 of 3 Old 10-28-2006, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I only dropped with my first baby. I carried my others really low anyway, so I dont really see a difference.
If you have dropped, your tummy will probably look a little different. Plus you get that odd sensation of the babies head rolling on your cervix! YOW!!!
I dont think it matters when the babies drop as to when you will go in to labor. I feel like my babies are going to fall out starting at like 28 weeks. I have gone to term all 4 times!
Try doing some pelvic rocks to get some pressure relief!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page