Anything I can do to prevent a miscarriage? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not 100% positive I'm pregnant, but pretty sure. I'm 4 days late, sick, tired, and peeing a lot. I take longer than usual to get positive home tests, so still not sure. Anyways, I have 3 beautiful children and I have had three miscarriages. Is there anything I can be doing now to make reduce my risk of a miscarriage?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#2 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 09:50 PM

I am sorry to hear about your losses. There is a company called wishgarden herbs and they make a tincture called Welcome Womb. I have used it early when I had some spotting. RRL tea and nettles are good for the uterus too. Hope it all works out for you. Here is their website:

http://www.wishgardenherbs.com/
#3 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 10:39 PM

No, I don't think there is anything that you can do to prevent a miscarraige.

sorry for your losses.

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

#4 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 10:50 PM

Wishing you the best!

Some things I believe can be helpful (no promises, of course)
Think positive, pray, and visulaize what you want. I believe this can make a difference. I don't mean that a lack of positive thinking causes a miscarriage but I do believe it can help.
Go have your progesterone level checked (blood test) and make sure it is high enough...if it's not you can talk to your provider about possibly taking progesterone.
Drink plenty of water.

Hoping for the best for you!
#5 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I want to second the recommendation to check your progresterone levels. A woman I know had hers checked soon after she got confirmation she was pregnant. Her levels were low and she was given progesterone (suppositories?) and it helped her with her pregnancy. She had repeated miscarriages prior to this.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#6 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth View Post
Wishing you the best!

Some things I believe can be helpful (no promises, of course)
Think positive, pray, and visulaize what you want. I believe this can make a difference. I don't mean that a lack of positive thinking causes a miscarriage but I do believe it can help.
Go have your progesterone level checked (blood test) and make sure it is high enough...if it's not you can talk to your provider about possibly taking progesterone.
Drink plenty of water.

Hoping for the best for you!

I agree with the positive thinking. I had a miscarriage a few months ago. We had just gotten married and weren't sure we were ready for a baby. But, after a week of knowing, I was looking forward to it. Then, we miscarried and I wondered if it was because of our feelings in the beginning. I think it would have happened anyway. This time, I've been thinking positive thoughts from the ovulation time. I feel like this one is sticky! Sticky vibes for you, too.

Otherwise, relax, eat well and take care of yourself.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#7 of 8 Old 12-01-2006, 01:00 AM

good suggestions. persue your options and see if something works for you.
also remember that miscarriage can be the body's way of rejecting a pregnancy that isn't quite right. that may be hard to hear but perhaps it will offer some comfort to you regarding your past losses.
take heart and stay positive, but trust your body too.

jeanine parvati baker has an excellent herbal book, Hygeia ~ A Woman's Herbal. it has an awesome supportive herb lists. good luck.
#8 of 8 Old 12-02-2006, 12:05 PM

I experienced bleeding and cramping early in this pregnancy and ended up with a clot in my uterus. In my case the lining in my uterus was extra thick due to fertility drugs and the placenta either tried to dig in deeper or separate and as a result I bled a lot. I had a ton of clots which totally was irritating my uterus and I could just tell that my uterus wanted to get rid of everything in there. I ended up having one large clot until about 12 weeks and I had ultrasounds monitoring the clot breaking down. The ER docs didn't know if I miscarried or if I was going too, and also said there was nothing I could do to prevent it and that I did nothing wrong to cause it (yeah, they were a BIG help). So I did what I knew to do to save my baby.

There are a couple reasons to miscarry: not enough hormonal support and then there is something wrong with the way the cells divided. I recommend you read Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year by Susun Weed as it has great herbal remedies to prevent miscarriage. I personally used Wild Yam and Wishgarden's Welcome Womb which is similar to the formula Susun recommends. The Welcome Womb treats it on a couple different levels, the wild yam to provide the progesterone support, the false unicorn root to help the placenta attach well and the black haw to stop the cramping. They all work to prevent a viable pregnancy from being expelled from the uterus. Vitamin E from a natural source helps glue the placenta back to the wall as well.

I also agree with the suggestion of having your progesterone checked, if it is too low you can get the progesterone suppositories. IMO if the HCG isn't doubling the proper way that is usually a sign that there is something wrong with the developing baby, but if it is just the progesterone then get some additional hormonal support. I felt that I just needed to do what I knew to do regarding herbs and I prayed a lot too. So that whatever happened bad or good, it was meant to be. I am now 27 weeks with a boy. I totally credit God, the herbs and the progesterone suppositories. Best Wishes to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page