Morning Sickness Remedies? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-01-2006, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I vaguely know of a few different ones but I'd love to hear of everyone's tips. I know about ginger but where do I buy it and what's the best way to eat it? Also what about those sea sickness bands? Where would I get those?

I'm perfectly fine in the morning. I feel 100% almost all day until around 3 pm and then I am so SO nauseous after that. What's worse is I work in the evenings This is the same thing that happened to me with ds but at least with him I worked a normal time so I was home and could just lay around and sleep. I eat small meals all day and lots of protein and an extra B6 vitamin but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#2 of 4 Old 12-01-2006, 01:49 AM

I have found that taking Jarrow probiotics really helps. And its has to be Jarrow with FOS

I take a spoonful anytime my tummy starts to feel funky. Its keeps me from throwing up.

Only thing that seems to help me.
#3 of 4 Old 12-01-2006, 02:03 AM

You can use fresh ginger and you can pick that up at any grocery store.
Don't use too much, too much ginger is supposedly not good.
I squeeze ginger using a garlic presser and then strain it, I am sure a juicer would be a lot easier, and mix it with some honey and a little of cayenne pepper. Making a ginger-lemonade works well also.

I had "morning" sickness first trimester all day everyday and NEVER threw up, which was horrible because I just kept making friend with the toilet bowl. I would of felt much better if i could have thrown up.
Towards the end I noticed that cold dairy free smoothies worked well. Staying out of the heat also.
Every week it was something different though, one week granny smith apples where the trick, the next it was strawberries, but fruit smoothies and fruit popsicles really helped.

If you ae looking for quick fix remedies such as pills, Vitanica the ones that make Maternal Symmetry, have Nausea Ease. I never tried it, but I never had a problem with Vitanica
http://www.vitanica.com/supplements_10.htm
#4 of 4 Old 12-01-2006, 09:54 AM

Forget all those home remedies...as a 4 time pregger, trust me when I tell you to go HIGH PROTIEN! It will make it all go away! Whatever you can stomach, eat it. Eggs, dried beans, nut butter/peanut butter on whole grain toast anything high in protein...there is lots of research on it, but I have to get to the market this morning or I would point you in the right direction. If yopur problem is in the afternoon, then you need a high protein lunch. Skip the carbs, they only help temporairlly and you will gain massive amounts of weight(trust me I gained 74# with #1, chasing morning sickness with carbs) Complex carbs and high protein in samll amounts all day long will servr you and baby well. PM me if you would like some help coming up with ideas. I'll be home later...the Organic meat market gets busy around 11:00 so I want to get there early Good luck, and feel better!

Kaara

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page