Okay, May Mamas... Here we go! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2003, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you know, i check this thread frequently to see if XM and Maria have had their babies....have them already, ok?....

no, i'm not pregnant, just living vicariously through all of you

good luck and birth vibes to all of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2003, 03:54 PM

Another stalker/lurker here who subscribed to this thread anonymously....

Congrats to all you April/May mamas so far and come on, labor!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 05-13-2003, 04:03 PM

Another confession here. My name is Dodo and I can't wait to hear that XM and Maria have their babies in their arms. Sending labour vibes your way, ladies.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:10 PM

Quite the cheering section! As we were all TTC'ing together, and you beat me to it...XM, Jean and Maria...I want to congrat Jean, your babe is BEAUTIFUL! And I am sending much labour vibes to XM, who may, as I write this, be in labour, and to Maria...I'm thinking of you.

Peace,

Mamasoleil
Old 05-13-2003, 04:22 PM

Whew. glad I'm not alone!
Old 05-13-2003, 04:34 PM

Welcome baby Lana is she the first girl?

heres a link to our website http://home.columbus.rr.com/sjskleinman/

Janessa naking!
Old 05-13-2003, 10:57 PM

twice now I have tried to reply to this thread, yesterday & today & lost both! It is so frustrating! there is no way I am retyping it all right now so I will just say the important stuff:

Congrats to Janessa & MSHollyK & welcome to Oliver & Lana!

I can't wait to hear more about your birth stories & little babes!

I'm sure I'll have more to add another time, can't take it right now
blessings, Maria
Old 05-15-2003, 05:34 AM

Hi all~
welcome stalkers! you guys are so funny, it is neat to know you are here

So, tonight, for the 1st time I thought "wow, I wish I'd have this baby now" !!! Hmmm, I am 39 wks Thursday. I think I better calm things down. It's just that I've been having little things happen that indicate a "change" to me, like back aches that come & go, had a good bit of EWCM Monday (probably caused by my last poke & prod session with the MW last Friday, but no bloody show & no more since then, so I don't think it was my entire plug), finally feeling what I bet are painless practice contractions. So, it's almost convinced me that the baby is coming soon~ I mean days instead of weeks. I am actually harboring a dillusion in the back (front?) of my mind that I am actually in a slow, painless labor & that I will go in to the MW & be 3 or 4 cm dilated. Ahem, right sorry to have to tell on myself & how crazy I can be!

Anyway, I do not want to feel like this for the next 3 weeks, so I really need a reality check. I have my next appt Thursday (today), so I think I'll have another vaginal & just see what's happening, just to burst my bubble. I know that's terrible to rely on bcz it doesn't mean anything, but still! And anyway, I already know the baby's alot lower now than it was even last wk, bcz when my stomach growls it comes from down where my stomach used to instead of from up under my boobs!

well, I am wishing everybody big birthing vibes
does anyone know if the eclipse has a waxing effect or a waning effect? IYKWIM?
I want to hear from you that's still here: XM, Bloodrayne, Sunny Rose, Helen, Rebekah... how're ya feeling? What are your fav dealing with impatience tools?

blessings, maria
Old 05-15-2003, 10:56 AM

Maria, i know you are looking for support from your pregnant friends, but i will be the first to give you a cheerleading session....

the baby will come, and you will do fine and have a beautiful baby soon.

delusions are good.

with my son, my cervix was rock hard and long, yet my labor only lasted 4 hours. not all labors are marathons. my third baby, well, i was on strict bedrest for 7 weeks, then the little bugger had to be induced, go figure (gallbladder trouble!).

we are cheering you on!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
XM

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiralWoman
XM... how're ya feeling? What are your fav dealing with impatience tools?
Um... I thought it was pretty obvious that I *have* no tools to help me deal with the impatience :LOL Here's my tip... when your provider gives you your due date, add 4 weeks to it so that when the baby comes before that you will be thrilled.

I am still hanging out, hoping that the eclipse/full moon will coax the baby out. I will be 42 weeks on Monday and if Spawn is not here by then we will be looking at some options for getting things started. I was only (only?) 10 days late with Xiola and while physically I am still okay my nerves are going to be shot if this baby does'nt arrive soon!

You labor groupies crack me up... but hey, I could use all the labor vibes I can get! It just never occured to me that people who were'nt due in May would be keeping an eye on us as well.

XM
Old 05-15-2003, 08:17 PM

XM! I can't believe I clicked over to this thread and you are STILL pregnant. That is quite enough of that! I have been praying for you every day, but now I see I am going to have to resort to something more potent. Maybe voo-doo?

It is time for your birth story, so I have decided that you will go into labor tonight and have your baby early tomorrow.

Now, go get READY!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
Old 05-16-2003, 07:32 AM

aw, thanks SB3~ it is always so cool to get other people's perspectives. I feel so bad for people who all they know of birthin' babies is what they see on half hr sitcoms & melodramas! I am so lucky to be able to come here & know all the amazing ways it really happens!

XM~ I am throwing down some magic for you too, girl. Not for *labor* per say, but for peace of mind & serenity for you in what must be the most nerve-wracking days of your life! & BTW~ I think you have the most tremendous coping skills EVER! EVER!

Anyway, I realize how anxious I am becoming to know *my own* story. I am not really feeling nervous or scared, I just want to know. I feel like there is this whole other me waiting just around the corner & there's nothing I can do but hop from foot to foot & wait for that turn to come. (I posted some of this in another thread, but it came out so dam good, I thought I'd share it over here, too. Plus, it's the middle of the night & I don't have anything better to do, apparently sleep is just not a priority for me.) Being 39 wks today, I am starting to feel really out of control~ but in a good way. It is freaky to think~ it could happen tommorrow, it could be another 3 weeks. I keep asking myself how do I live & remain sane with the biggest event ever in my life to date hovering just over my shoulder like this? Well, I am getting the idea that this not knowing is a big training step in letting go & flowing with the process of mothering/being. So, everyday is a step in that direction of loosening my grip & relaxing my mind (and hopefully my cervix- heehee!)

Well, I guess maybe I will try to get a bit more sleep. For some reason, if I sit here long enough to wait till that 1st early bird (it's still pitchblack out) starts to sound, then getting laid back down is not as hard. Sigh.

blessings, maria
Old 05-16-2003, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You labor groupies crack me up... but hey, I could use all the labor vibes I can get! It just never occured to me that people who were'nt due in May would be keeping an eye on us as well.

vibes for all of you in the way.....
Old 05-16-2003, 06:21 PM

Here is Ollies birth story, please excuse all errors I'm not a writer
Around 37 weeks I started having regular contractions, not really painful but uncomfortable and definitely not braxton hicks. This went on for the rest of the week getting more and more annoying and frustrating as the week went on. At 38 weeks May 11 we got the birth tub and decided to set it up. I was feeling achy and decided to fill it even though I really didn't expect labor to start for at least another week. It took most of the day to fill it up since we had to stop to let the hotwater heater refill. Well waiting for the heater to fill for the last time a friend and Seth (dh) did my belly cast. It turned out so neat and I'm so glad we got it done with Shiah we missed our chance since she came early too. The whole time that Seth was doing the belly cast I was having contractions it was really odd feeling since it pulled the cast away from my skin Anyway we got it finished and me cleaned up and I started the last stage of filling the tub. Seth decided we should go out to dinner, somehow in the rush to get out the door I turned the tap the wrong way (all the way on instead of off ) and not knowing this we left. Came back to water everywhere it took us over 2 hours to clean up ugh what a mess. We had to take the tub apart to let everything dry. So we finally get things cleaned up and go to bed.
I thankfully got a good 3 hours sleep before contractions woke me up at around 3am. I wandered around the house for an hour before things got to the point where I didn't want to be alone anymore. I really expected that the contractions would stop again like they had for the last 3 nights. The only thing that was different was that I felt really out of sorts so I woke Seth up at 4am. I really wasn't sure that it was real but Seth called the midwives anyway since we needed a new tub liner and time to put together and fill the tub. Our midwives got here around 5am and I asked to be checked cause I didn't want to keep everyone up if this wasn't the real deal. Nina (midwife) checked me and holy cow I was 7cm!!! I was shocked to say the least. At this point I stared to get scared we wouldn't get the tub set up and filled in time. But the midwives were awesome boiling water and they got the tub filled in record time. Ollies labor was so different from Shiah much more difficult to cope with for me. With Shiah I needed to be alone with Ollie I needed all the support and help the midwives could give me I felt so out of control. The whole time we were rushing setting up Shiah was awake playing with Seth. At 6am I was able to get in the tub ahhhhh bliss I love water. After about an hour in the tub I really wanted to push so Nina checked me again and I was 9 with a lip but wasn't swelling so I was pushing anyway. Well after an hour of that nothing was happening I wasn't able to get the lip gone and was really having a hard time so we decided to break my water to bring the head down more and get that lip gone. As soon as Nina broke my water I could feel the change I felt the baby move down and could feel that my pushes were working now. I pushed on the birthing stool until the baby was close then got back into the tub. Maybe two contractions later Ollie was born. He came so fast that Nina barely had time to catch him good thing we were in the water lol Unfortunately he also came to fast for Seth and Shiah to get back into the bedroom in time.
So my labor was 5 hours 40 minutes long, from breaking my water to holding Ollie was 30 minutes. What a huge difference from Shiah who's labor was almost 30 hours.
Ollie's stats- 6lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long, born May 12 at 8:40am he is now 4 days old and is back at his birth weight what a champion nurser. We are just in love.
Janessa
Old 05-16-2003, 09:18 PM

Congratulations Janessa! I am so happy for you!

i ove birth stories, i always get all teary, sniffle, sniffle....
Old 05-18-2003, 02:33 AM

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA for the past few months. Super busy life and just didn't get around to reading all through the May thread to catch up. But I just did!

XM, thanks for asking about me! I am still here - due May 28th but have been thinking it will be anyday. Both girls were six days early and I have been having little twinges here and there that make me think it may be soon. But hey, watch me go two (or more...) weeks over!

We are pretty ready - most of the homebirth supply list is here - all the important things anyway! Yesterday I washed up all our neutral newborn size baby clothes and dh put the bassinette in our room and my boobs are attached to my body so I think we have the basics covered!

Dying to find out if we have a boy or girl in there..... Still no final decisions on names for him/her. Dh surprised me by actually liking one of my boy names - Kaden. Previously he had said he didn't like it and now it is a frontrunner for him. He chose Josie or Jessie (can't remember now...) for a girl. I like Lexie for a girl (our first two girls are Kenzie and Rylie) - not sure what my fave boy name is.... Gavin? Owen? Evan?

Waiting to hear your birth story, XM..... I know you will go before me!
Kirsten
Old 05-18-2003, 05:25 AM

Hello all, our little boy was born here at home on May 14 in the early afternoon. I was in labor for about 8.5 hours total and pushed for 20 minutes. It was very intense.

Here is his birth story:

I woke up about 6 am with really painful contractions. I was having a really hard time handling them. My relaxation techniques just couldn't get me through them at all. I told DH I needed him to help me relax because what I was doing wasn't working. I had him call Mason (midwife) almost right away. She explained how to make this low moaning sound to direct the energy down into my body and make it productive, instead of directing the energy up and out with fear, and that worked so I started doing that while we waited for her, Mary (midwife #2), and Beth (midwife #3) to get here. DH started setting up the birthing pool. He had so much nervous energy and I remember teasing him that he was pacing. I was embarrassed about the dirty dishes in the sink, so I stood there like a dork and did dishes in between contractions.

Mary got here first, about an hour later, and I was sitting in a chair in the living room. Every time I had a contraction I would have to put my head back and moan. I was sweating and it was nice and cold by the window, but soon I just became really cold and tired, and they put a blanket on me. After a while the contractions got more intense and Mary suggested that I get in the shower and stand under the hot water. It's amazing how modesty just flies out the window when you're in labor, I just stripped down and got in the shower. It did help a lot with the pain but I didn't really have anything to support myself on during contractions so I wanted to get out after a relatively short time. Beth wrapped a towel around me and I went to the bedroom.

They propped me up in a sitting position and I slept between contractions. Each time I moaned through a contraction Beth would walk me through a relaxation exercise. Eventually she let DH take over. I can't say how much that relaxation helped. It was partially distraction (focusing on relaxing different specific body parts) and I could just totally let my body go limp. But it wasn't really helping labor progress b/c there wasnt much gravity helping the baby move down, so after Mason let me lay there for a while to get some rest, she insisted that I get up and move around.

So I got up and walked around between contractions, and during them I would have to put my arms around someone's neck (whoever was closest, but it was usually DH). I was in so much pain, I barely remember this! They had me sit in a chair and lean forward onto DH with each contraction. For one contraction they had me lean forward over the couch in a kind of kneeling position, but it was much more painful so I went back to sit in the chair, and then started walking around again. Eventually I started to yell loudly with the contractions b/c I felt like I needed to push, even though Mason said no b/c she was pretty sure I wasn't dilated enough yet.

After that it got REALLY intense. I kinda walked around in the kitchen, the contractions got closer and closer and more and more painful, I could barely handle them. I was in a total daze. I practically lost control during one of them and screamed for someone to help me, I felt like I was going to rip apart, I've never felt so out of control. I would put my arms around DH's neck and pull him down every contraction, and he whispered encouragements in my ear and rubbed my back. I don't know what I would have done without him. His back is still really sore from me pulling on him.

Mason said that she thought the reason my contractions were so painful was because my water hadn't broken yet and it was causing a lot of pressure, and that's why I felt like I needed to push. She told me to visualize my water breaking, and after a few more contractions, it did. It literally exploded and almost knocked me off my feet, the popping was so intense. There was water and blood EVERYWHERE, I am so glad I was standing in the kitchen b/c it was a huge mess. You could feel the tension in the room release immediately, everyone kinda laughed at the forcefulness of the 'explosion'. They quickly moved me into the bedroom so I could push.

I had a few more really intense contractions before I got into the bedroom, but after 3 or 4 more they became a lot less intense and a lot less painful since my water broke. They propped me up in bed and I grabbed my thighs and started pushing. Sometimes I pushed when I wasn't even having a contraction b/c I couldn't really feel them anymore, they didn't hurt at all. Pretty soon I could feel the 'ring of fire' and I knew the baby's head was crowning. Everyone was commenting on the baby having hair, and Mason had me reach down to feel the baby's head, it was just sticking out enough for me to feel it. But I relaxed between contractions and the head slipped back down. Mason called him a stinker. After a few more pushes his head started to come out again, OH MY GOD that hurt! I screamed and swore a few times! But I knew that it would never be over if I didn't keep going, so I just kept on pushing as hard as I could. I heard Mason and DH talking about a cord. She was telling him what to do, and then she got out of the way.

I kept pushing and I guess the baby's head was all the way out, everyone got really excited but I couldn't really feel anything anymore. I gave another good push and the baby slid out. I only had to push through about 6 or so contractions, I think, Mason said. DH put him up on my belly, we both started to cry. I snuggled him up and they put warm blankets on top of us. Mason told me she would not cut the cord until it stopped pulsing. DH and I just sat there and looked at him. Then we realized that we didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl yet. Somebody peeked and we found out it was a boy. Dan and I were both shocked, we started laughing. He was so beautiful. He didn't even have cone-head. He has this perfect little nose, and he has my butt-chin. And DH's long fingers and fingernail shape. And DH's exact hairline. We both cried, DH told me I was his hero and he was so amazed.

After a minute or two the cord stopped pulsing. Mason tried to clamp it off but it was really big and she couldnt' get the clamp closed. She said the baby was well nourished. They had to have DH clamp it, then he got to cut it.

Then I had to push out the placenta. I tried and tried but I felt like I honestly could not push ever again. Mason gave me a few minutes to rest, and felt to see where it was, it was really close to coming out but she wouldn't pull it. I just concentrated as hard as I could and after a few more minutes I pushed it out. A few bits of the sac didn't want to come out and I had to try really hard to push that out too.

I felt a lot better once I had pushed everything out. They wanted to leave us alone with the baby but I had ripped a little bit and Beth needed to stitch me up. Mason said she thinks I ripped the first time his head crowned, not the second. As Beth stitched me up, DH got to hold the baby. He was suckling on DH's nipple, it was hilarious!

After they were done Mason inspected the baby, everything was fine. All the midwives said they were so impressed by how well the birth went. Mason was especially impressed, she said that she would never have believed that this was my first baby, she would have guessed it was like my third b/c I did SO well and was such a pro. They all said I was so strong and should be really proud. Beth helped me try to nurse him, and then eventually the left the room so DH and I could be alone with Nameless One.

It was an incredible and intense experience. It was without a doubt the most painful thing I have ever gone through. And I don't know if I could do it again. Or, I don't know if I would want to do it again. But it was the most amazing experience of my entire life and I'm so happy about the entire thing.

We were so sure that he was a girl that we had no boy names.. and we STILL have not named him. We cannot come up with anything.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:28 AM

Just wanted to introduce myself and say "hi". I joined this board a few months ago - been mostly read and posting in the cloth diapering section. I am due May 27, 2003 so I thought I'd come over and say "hi"! It's interesting reading about all these expectant May mamas. I was thinking I was "the only one" who was getting impatient and looking for signs of impending labour. The baby will come when he or she is ready but I would love if it's by May 27! Just for the record, I've been having something similar to menstrual cramps for the past three days - these "cramps" occurred every 2 hours but now they seem to occur every 60 minutes or so. I'm getting a bit of back pain off and on and the baby feels like it's gradually lowering his or herself (lots of pressure). I visited my OB this past Monday (before the regular cramping started) and at that time I was only 1 cm dilated and she said the baby's legs were still up in my ribs so baby would have to move down!

It's all very interesting (yet mildly frustrating) how there is no set pattern or answer as to how and when the labour and delivery will progress. My OB won't give me any predictions at all - no guesses on timing, size of baby, if I'll need a C-section, nothing! I guess she's being cautious ... probably just as well!!

Thanks for letting me introduce myself (albeit, late in May!)
Old 05-18-2003, 01:45 PM

hi Bloodrayne~
congrats on your wonderful birth & welcome baby!

your birth story is so great, thanks so much for sharing it! I can't wait to see how things go for me, but I am trying to just stay relaxd & maybe hope the baby comes next week or something, just put the suspense out of my mind, KWIM?

BTW, when I read your birth story, I remarked to my DH on your midwife's name, Mason, for a girl. We have a boy's name all picked out, but will prolly be in your boat if we have a girl. I would suggest Mason as your boy's name, tho! Also our boy's name is Griffin James. What was your girl's? Maybe if we have a girl we'll use your's instead! Haha~
take care & I can't wait to hear more on the "Life with a Babe" board about how things are going for you all!
blessings, Maria

ps- welcome Tuesday!
Old 05-18-2003, 04:15 PM

Hi all- I havent been on this group too long,but I'm sure i've posted here a few times. Anyways,on May 15 3:23pm Athena was born(after 32 hours of labor-yikes) Anyways,I'll post a birth story on the near futeure-congrats to the other new mamas too!!!
Old 05-18-2003, 04:39 PM

Welcome to all the new babes!!! What a beautiful time to have little ones enter the world!!!
Mamasoleil
Old 05-19-2003, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I haven't been reading or posting in a while. I am due on May 30 with #2 child (#1 homebirth). We are OK to go on the homebirth according to our midwife. I feel very positive about that.

Have been working very hard in my freelance business, so I am TIRED. But I just finished my last project and thanks to the hard work will be taking a "maternity leave" for the summer as of tomorrow. Yay!

This baby is just huge. Midwife says about 7.5 lbs. now with 2 wks. to go. #1 was 8 lbs. at birth. I look huge, too, and am getting a little sick of all the comments that come with that (twins, etc.) I've looked 9 mos. pregnant for about 2 mos. now. What do you do when you start out 5'4" and about 140 lbs. and now you've outgrown even an XXL maternity t-shirt?! My arms and legs look normal, my face isn't puffy, I just have a giant watermelon sticking out...

We don't know if it's a boy or a girl either - we have name short lists for both genders, so now it's a matter of deciding whether to go with our favorite out these choices (which reflect my ethnic heritage) no matter what, or to choose one that is easier to spell and pronounce.

I still have a list a mile long to finish before I'll really feel ready for the birth - car seat, homebirth supplies, food, etc. etc. Hopefully s/he'll hang on just a few more days!!

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (15) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

Old 05-20-2003, 03:15 AM

I'm a mama now!!!! Eli Kaufman Voorhies was born at 6:00 p.m. on May 16. He weighed in at a whopping 9.5 pounds and 21 inches. Being a Mom is even more wonderful than I ever imagined. Wow!

Here is my birth story. I was 38 weeks on Thursday. I woke up at 4o a.m. on Friday morning with mild contractions. I thought they were just the practice kind, so had some food and watched t.v. (my normal routine). I happened to turn on the light in the bathroom and noticed blood in the toilet. Total fluke that I turned on the light. So I thought "maybe this is it." Woke up dh to give him a heads up. (we hadn't packed our bags.)

I labored in the hot tub all morning. still not believing that I was in real labor. Starting around 5, my contractions were around 5-6 minutes apart. Then around 11:00 a.m., I decided to eat. Moving around really got things going, and I started having them 4 minutes apart. So went to the hospital because I tested GBS+ and wanted to make certain I got the antibiotics. I was 6-7 centimeters when I got there. Things went okay until I hit transition. I thought I'd move around lots during labor, but it hurt too much to do anything but sit upriight in bed. It definitely hurt more than anything I'd ever felt or imagined, but I was able to stay relaxed through most of it. I thought about asking for drugs, but didn't. Then suddenly I had this incredible urge to push. I know some folks say that pushing feels good. Not for me. I didn't like the pressure or the burning. I pushed in a squat. And 45 minutes later, my wonderful little guy was on my belly.

We've been doing great ever since. I'm so glad I did it without drugs. I definitely don't feel like I just had a baby. And he has become a champion nurser. I'm sooooo happy about my birth experience.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:47 AM

Congratulations to all the new mamas
to all the new babies.
Glad to hear everyone is doing well so far.
I am still hanging in here & feeling overdue since dd#1 was a week early. At least it didn't decide to come on the long weekend when my favourite midwife was away. I had some cramping on Thursday, but then it went away. Since then I think the baby is lower as I am having really strange pressure feelings & having to pee more than ever. I don't remember this from last time at all. We'll see what the midwife says about the position tomorrow (today?). They say the second one doesn't usually drop like the first time, but it feels like it has. I'll also get retested for GBS which I've been douching & taking garlic & acidophilus to try to clear up.

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
Old 05-20-2003, 07:48 AM

well hello Eli & Athena!
WOW Rebekah, & I thought when I read your previous post- "oh boy, there's somebody who's going to have her baby after me!" HaHa! Sounds like he was really ready!

thanks for sharing your birth story! Sounds like you didn't have time to get too many of those antibiotics

So, I am not feeling any different lately. I am taking my goldenseal, but very little cramping, have a prenatal this afternoon, my last was just on Thurs so it feels too soon this week! Went to a super nice LLL meeting last night, have been going for several months now & so feel pretty comfy with the other moms & they are actually pretty cool, mostly pretty AP & very supportive! So that was nice. I went swimming yesterday which felt great since I am retaining fluid in my legs & it really helps, I might try to go again today before my MW appt.

Good news on the puppy dog scene, the rescue group has a new foster home ready for them whenever I am ready to give them up, so I say now! I will miss them, but maybe with them situated elsewhere I will go ahead & feel free to have this baby ! The rescue lady posted them on line & already has taken 20 adoption applications for the 2 pups & 5 for the momma dog, so I am really excited that they are going to get great homes!

Anyway, I am starting to get a little stressed about having the baby. It's not so much my due date as it is my MW's schedule. Her son graduates from HS on the 24th & while normally she doesn't call a back up for stuff, this is a once in a lifetime thing. So she really doesn't want me to have the baby on the 24th! I haven't been too worried about it previously, but I'm starting to feel a little jinxed or something that I *will* have the baby on the one day I don't want to! Sigh! Now that's not the attitude I want to have! I am trying to tell myself NBD, that if something that odd happens it will be bcz that's the way it is meant to be & all for the best, couldn't possibly be any better, KWIM? As long as the birthing tub gets set up I don't care! I will be asking more details today & hopefully having fewer questions will calm my rapidly spinning brain!

XM~ how ya doing momma? I saw you thinning your stash on diapering the other day, but nothing since~ a good sign, I hope?? I have just started stressing about my CD'ing. Got my stuff from my sister & have no idea if it's gonna be small enough or not, so I've bought a couple trial & err things & will wait until the little stinker arrives to see what I really need. I am wanting a set of Kissaluvs size 0 with NB proraps, right now I don't have any fitted dipes, just standard size CPFs & lots of covers that just look too big to me. We shall see! I sure hope you hit your 2 wks since due date with a babe in your arms!!!!

so, I just love that this thread gets so active in the middle of the night now, heehee! I guess I'm not the only one up!

take care all you mommas & mommas to be~ here are some special happy labor & baby vibes for all of us
blessings, Maria
Old 05-20-2003, 12:44 PM

Congrats to all the new moms Come join us over in Life with baby
Labor vibes to all those waiting. SpiralWoman I hope you don't have the baby on the 24th good luck seems like my little stinkers like to come when I'm not ready yet hopefully yours will be more cooperative
Janessa
Old 05-20-2003, 06:46 PM

I keep checking back to see if XM has posted yet.... I promise to try to be polite and let you go first!

Few days ago I was really thinking it would be anyday (due on the 28th but both girls were six days early) as I was having a little cramping, weird feelings - not contractions but maybe pre-contractions? I really thought each night as I went to bed that I'd be waking up to labor in the night. But no. Then the last couple of days I've felt so "normal" that I feel like I could be pregnant another two weeks so we will see. Yesterday the baby did feel VERY low though - no contractions but I swear if I would've pushed a little, she/he would have popped right out!

Oh, and happy, happy news yesterday. My GBS test came back negative so I don't have to worry about an IV during labor. Good thing as I am one step away from phobic of needles and have never had an IV (that is why I do natural childbirth - yeah, better for the baby and all that - I do believe it - but my focus was avoiding that IV!) Tested negative both pregnancies before too but I was still sweating it.

Finally getting around to getting all our homebirth supplies in one place. I think we have most everything on the list but need to get it all together!

Congrats to all the new babies and moms!
Kirsten
Old 05-21-2003, 11:39 PM

hi all~
so where is everybody? off having babies without me I suppose!! I can't believe that with so many 1st time mamas we have had so many on time & week early babies! Did you all add a week onto your EDD & not tell me???

So I just have to keep up with who's left~ now that XM has had her little boy, (hurrah!) I think this is it:

Helen (Mama2nicola) EDD 5/19
Me EDD 5/22
Tuesday EDD 5/27
Kirsten EDD 5/28
Ragana EDD 5/30

So, I have decided it would really be convienient for everybody if I went into labor tonite & had the baby tomorrow! I'm really trying to copy Jean! I'm not doing anything to "induce" except walking more & upping my goldenseal a little bit! Added a little bit of tabasco to my cocktail sauce tonite, but couldn't make it too spicy. Mostly I'm just trying to feel really ready emotionally & talking to the baby alot. Just so the baby knows that if he or she is ready, we're ready, too!

I hope everyone is feeling great & I'll let you know if this intention of mine works, haha!

blessings, maria
Old 05-22-2003, 01:45 AM

Maria.....you will be great, and i cant wait to hear your birth story. i have followed your pregnancy and a few of the others since i became a member. Your enthusiasm is inspiring. I know i have said this before, but all of you make me want to get pregnant, have a water birth and hug the ocassional tree!

Good luck and lots of hugs to all you pregnant mamas!

Lisa
Old 05-22-2003, 06:08 AM

OK, just for the record, I want it noted that I kept up my end of the deal and politely waited for XM to have her baby before me!
One week to go today - well, officially anyway. Had a midwife appt today. We all went. Dh always comes but often our neighbor keeps the girls for us so we can spend an hour focusing on baby/pregnancy. Took the camera and dh took some shots of the girls "helping" the midwife measure, take my blood pressure, listen to baby's heartbeat with the fetoscope. We did this when pregnant with Rylie and they are darling pix so hope these turn out. He only took nine - men! I am Ms. Camera and would have taken the whole roll of 36 but hey, that is just me! I am sure I'll have enough to do a page in each (of the three now) albums. Hope he got the good side of my stretch marks.
Anyway, the head was so low that she thought it wasn't there and that maybe baby had turned transverse again. Just as I am thinking I'll have to go for an ultrasound to check, the assistant says she thinks she feels the head (just feeling my stomach very low of course). So the other midwife comes to check and first can't feel it but then does - head is so low they were surprised. Usually on second and third babies, they "float" until labor starts but this one is right down there at -1 or 0 station. I thought so... So anyway, just to be sure, she asked if she could do a vag exam so I agree and my cervix is VERY soft and dilated to a one so with baby so low, I could go quickly once it is time. Or I could be in labor for days - we'll see!
Well, enough - I should get to bed.
Kirsten

User Tag List