Okay, May Mamas... Here we go! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 05-22-2003, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hurrah Kirsten~ I love to hear the play by play! My cervix is totally effaced but not dilated yet & the baby is so low. But this is my 1st so who knows how long I will stay like this! I spend all this time squating on the birth ball & am doing all my sleeping on my left side sort of leaning forward with pillows to try to get/keep baby LOA. But I really want labor! Boy is it hard & my due date is just today. I am just the biggest advocate for waiting for baby & now I am like "come on baby!" I'd like to think if my MW didn't have this thing on the 24th I wouldn't be so antsy, but hah, I'd find some other thing to be antsy about! Plus I'm a little competitve (ahem) and I don't want to be the last one here! Somebody has to go over with me!!! heehee! So much for being mentally prepared to go to June 1st. That has flown out the window with all those May mamas going a week or so early! Thanks girls

I wonder how Mama2Nicola is doing, she was due the 19th~ are you out there Helen? Are ya busy having a baby? Hope so!

take care all, I'm gonna try to hit the sack for some more shut eye, so far no labor tonite!
blessings, Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 112 Old 05-22-2003, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiralWoman
I wonder how Mama2Nicola is doing, she was due the 19th~ are you out there Helen? Are ya busy having a baby? Hope so!
Here I am & yes I was!!! I'm in love all over again with Daniel Henry.
He was born Tuesday evening at 8:27 PM after a total of about 4 hours labour from the time I realized those cramps were coming 5 minutes apart. The midwives arrived shortly after 8:00 & I was already pushing. They had me hold off (blow, blow) for what seemed like forever until they had everything ready. I ended up having him on the bed instead of in the pool as planned because I waited for them to arrive before going in & then it just never happened. Oh well, dd went for a swim after she saw Daniel come out, so it wasn't a complete waste. I tore a little worse than last time, but not bad considering he was 9 lbs . No stitches anyway.
So here we are a day later up at 3:00 AM nursing, dozing & waking up every time I try to lie down in bed...I want to go to sleep . He's actually really mellow most of the time, but I guess we have to go through these nights too
Where is XM's announcement? I don't see it here & I want to know what happened!

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#93 of 112 Old 05-22-2003, 10:23 AM

welcome Daniel Henry & congrats Helen!
it sounds like his birth was a !

I hope I follow in your footsteps, maybe not the length of labor exactly, but getting things going nice & promptly!
XM's birth was anounced by somebody else on TAO & also there's a little thread on I'm Pregnant, too. I don't know if she has posted @ TAO herself yet. I hope she'll come post us here when she gets a chance as well!

well, happy labor & baby sprinkles for everybody!
blessings, Maria
#94 of 112 Old 05-22-2003, 11:28 AM

Spiralwoman - I'm thinking of you! dancing labor vibes coming your way!!!!
#95 of 112 Old 05-23-2003, 01:04 PM

Welcome new babies!!!!!!!

Okay Kirsten and Maria--you are up next! Can't wait to hear your birth stories.

I'm lying in bed with my little Eli beside me. He is the cutest thing I've ever seen--could I be more in love?!
#96 of 112 Old 05-24-2003, 12:52 AM

Ok, May Mama's!
Here's the deal.....its friday night, and i have to work in the ER sat, sun, and monday. when i log on tuesday morning, i want to see *alot* of birth stories!

i might be able to check in, as we have internet access on the computers, but rarely do i have a chance.

good luck ladies, and happy pushing to all of you!!!
#97 of 112 Old 05-24-2003, 09:23 PM

hey all~ just thought to ck in, no baby yet today, but maybe by tomorrow. That's my new mantra! The good news is that I didn't go into labor during my MW's son's HS graduation!

So I am staying distracted with the Sally Spicer co-op (can you say instant obsession?) and we are just chilling out & taking it easy this weekend. My DH's bro came in from out of town & took us out to an awesome dinner (filet & lobster, oh my!) It is funny how much I appreciate an absolutely delicious meal! I'm not sure if BIL seriously thought he would be getting to see the baby or not, but he never consulted with us about the timing, or I would have told him to wait!

No changes to speak of, we have our next prenatal scheduled for Tuesday, so we'll see if we make it till then! The really nice thing is that my MW is totally laid back & not at all pushing for me to do anything to "get things going." You have to be grateful for that. Just think how many OBs would have at least offered to induce me (if not pushed for it) on Friday with the long weekend coming and all!

Well, hope everybody is feeling great, I think there's only 2 or 3 of us left, huh! I wonder if we'll all be rolling over to the June Mamas together~ ha! Maybe the baby doesn't want Emerald as it's birth stone? I think June is pearl, anybody know for sure?

take care & blessings, maria
#98 of 112 Old 05-24-2003, 10:41 PM

May is emerald. June is pearl, alexandrite or moonstone. (I just looked it up even though my birth month is June - I knew it was alexandrite as I wear one in a ring my dad got me when I was 12 but wanted to check on the pearl, etc.)
I am still here and pregnant too. No pressure from my midwives either and it is so nice. But my swollen feet are not nice.... Hate that. I swear that last night I thought my left foot would burst. I walked too much yesterday and it was the first hot day in ages so I think I just overdid.
We have nothing scheduled this weekend (usually have a very full calendar but figured we may be having a baby so tried not to schedule anything) but are nesting big time. You should see dd1's room! It has never looked better!
Hope everyone left is doing well. I will post when I have news.
Kirsten (officially due May 28th but have never gotten this close to a due date before.....)
#99 of 112 Old 05-27-2003, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by SpiralWoman
Well, hope everybody is feeling great, I think there's only 2 or 3 of us left, huh! I wonder if we'll all be rolling over to the June Mamas together~ ha! Maybe the baby doesn't want Emerald as it's birth stone? I think June is pearl, anybody know for sure?

take care & blessings, maria
I'm here with you! Due date is May 30 - I just hope my baby does not wait *too* long. My in-laws are coming to visit on June 8 (we told them to come in "mid-June"!) and wanted to have some time to get used to things before they came.

My daughter can't wait much longer either - she is 3.5 and is starting to get worried about the "ouchie part" of labor. We are sending her to our friends' house 10 min. away (they have a child she is friends with) and have packed all sorts of fun things for her to take to their house, but the unknown is scary for her, especially since we can't tell her how long it will take. I'm hoping it won't mean a night away from home because she has never been away at night before.

I also have my MW appointment today. We'll see what she says. Now if I could just stop the daily phone calls from friends and family wanting to check in to see if "anything is happening yet"!?! Anyone else sick of that??

Who else is still waiting?

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (15) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#100 of 112 Old 05-27-2003, 12:58 PM

hi there~
yep, still here!
I have decided that I have a very smart baby hanging on as long as s/he can! I get my maternity pay from work until 6 wks after I deliver, so since I'm already on pd disability leave, the longer I'm pregnant, the more I get pd for not being there! I'll bet the baby is just hanging on as long as possible to help out

Ragana~ I hope your PILs won't be too upset if baby isn't here yet, that could be pretty stressful for you. Is it too late to change their plans? My BIL came from CO on Friday & leaves tomorrow, stayed @ MIL's. He knew our due date, but he never asked us what we thought of his plans. If he had I sure would have told him that if he wanted to for sure see a baby to wait at least 3 wks after the due date! oh well, he hasn't said anything to us, & I really think he wanted to use the 3 day wkend anyway, so...

Here's a good story: I talked to a neighbor this morning who's wife didn't feel any labor with her 1st until she woke up in transition w/ contrax 1 min apart. They had the baby 3 hrs later! Now that's a little extreme, but it's an awful nice story, isn't it?

So, I am relaxing & taking it easy, last nite I felt pretty miserable, nut today I am bounced back. Slept better (3-4 whole hrs @ a stretch!) Sure hope there is progress to report from the MW appt today, but if not we're having a nice dinner out afterwards & that should make up for it. Still don't have any idea what my MW's protocols are as we approach 42 wks, maybe she will go over it with me today. She is so mellow! I am really only 40 wks 5 days today, will only be 41 wks Thursday, so no sense in getting ahead of ourselves. It's just mentally tough when most things in life are planned @ least 1-2 wks in advance, if not months, to think that things will happen so rapidly that 9 days is "ahead of ourselves!" but, I am a big believer in not wasting energy worrying on things that haven't happened yet, so it's better this way!

As far as people calling to pester, it isn't wearing me out too bad yet. People ask me how I feel & I say "pretty good, darn it!" I guess I've been pestering myself for about 2 wks now & they didn't start until just Thursday, so I feel pretty lucky! I kind of like knowing people are thinking about me, I am an attention craver!

blessings, Maria
#101 of 112 Old 05-28-2003, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
XM

Kirsten, thank you so much for letting me birth first! Everyone else was taking cuts.

I am SOOOOO tired or I would have something intelligent to share. Spawn was born at 9:23 Monday night, after about 10 hours of labor and 23 minutes of pushing. I thought for sure one of our neighbors would have heard us, but a couple days later Mike went downstairs for a package and one of the office staff asked him if I had the baby yet so I guess not! We still have'nt had a chance to decide on a name yet but I will let you ladies know once we decide and we should have pics to share soon as well.

After all my efforts to get labor started, you know what worked? Mike started an upgrade on the computer Saturday night and got 3/4 way through it... then we had a midwife appointment Sunday and my labor started after that so he never had a chance to finish the computer... so if all else fails get your dp to do some gratuitous upgrade to your computer!

I am just so happy that he is finally here. He is beautiful. Just beautiful.

Ah... so tired... must sleep now..

XM
#102 of 112 Old 05-28-2003, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by XM
After all my efforts to get labor started, you know what worked? Mike started an upgrade on the computer Saturday night and got 3/4 way through it... then we had a midwife appointment Sunday and my labor started after that so he never had a chance to finish the computer... so if all else fails get your dp to do some gratuitous upgrade to your computer!

I am just so happy that he is finally here. He is beautiful. Just beautiful.

Ah... so tired... must sleep now..

XM
Congratulations! And thanks for the tip! My computer needs an upgrade, so I think I'll try it! :-)

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (15) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#103 of 112 Old 05-28-2003, 12:09 PM

hi XM~ so good to hear from you! I figured you were just in a real intense baby-moon! Glad your PC is back in working order!

well, here's our update from yesterday's MW appt: We are hopefully going to get an U/S today to determine the baby's position, they think the squirt may have flipped breech on us! I would have thought I would have been aware of a big flip flop, since last week we were pretty sure the head was engaged, but maybe that was the butt?? Anyway, we are hoping to get squeezed in for the U/S today, I am staying pretty calm SO FAR, but if this thing gets dragged out any further it'll get harder for me.

The good news is that even if the baby is breech, my MW will still do a home birth as long as baby is in one of the more common frank positions. If not, we'll have to see. I just find it hard to believe the baby is really breech. I've been hard to palpate all along due to my size & my placenta being anterior, so I welcome the U/S to really get a definite answer. I think they are also going to do the biophysical while we are in there since I'll be 41 wks tomorrow. Not so excited about that, don't know how much I trust their assessments. Anyway, my MW sees it all just as information to help us make decisions. Sigh!

We also found out that our truck is going to be totalled out, not sure yet how much we'll get for it tho. Hopefully if we get in for the U/S then we can go car shopping & that might be a nice distraction. Either that or go into labor for mercy sake!

Still feeling good, my BP, urine & all that was great as was the baby's heart rates. In fact, after a weekend of feet so swollen I could feel 'em jiggle when I walked, I didn't have any edema in my legs.

Anyway, that's today's story!
blessings, Maria
#104 of 112 Old 05-28-2003, 01:49 PM

XM: Congratulations on your little boy!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooo happy for you. Let us know his name once you've decided. Then, come join us on our thread on Life with a Babe.

Maria: Do you have the results back from your u/s? That is great that your midwife may still be able to deliver your little one even though the position may be breach.

Okay, Ragana and Maria, I'm wishing you SOON and wonderful births.
#105 of 112 Old 05-28-2003, 02:52 PM

hey all~
no results yet, in fact we couldn't get in for the U/S until tomorrow morning. And I also had a heck of a time getting ahold of my MW to find that out. Kind of upsetting. I finally called the asst & she tracked her down @ work. Apparently her pger isnt working???? Anyway, she had the appt set up but hadn't called me to tell me- something wierd here. Also the asst told me not to worry too much, that the baby probably isn't breech. HMMM. Now they have me going in too many directions @ once. Maybe they are trying to *confuse* me into starting labor!:

well, I don't suppose that anybody could make me happy @ this point, but I thought MWs knew not to *mess with* overdue ladies!!! It's awful easy to feel f--ked with at this point in the deal! Some coworkers of DH's brought a present in to him @ work & he called to see if I wanted him to open it or wait & I was like "I don't want any more damn presents~ I want to have this baby!" heehee. Guess I'm kinda volatile!

It's not that I'm even so miserable or physically uncomfortable, it's that it seems like being pregnant has become my body's natural state & it's never gonna change! And I just do not want to get bogged down in a whole "overdue anxiety/ obstetrical paranoia/ messing around with my natural birth plans/ worry about everything" crap fest!!! IYKWIM.

XM, how did you do it girl?? I need to hear your birth story as an inspiration!

well, thanks for letting me rant a bit, I am hoping that new car shopping will ease my pain somewhat hah!
blessings, maria
#106 of 112 Old 05-28-2003, 08:28 PM

XM - fantastic to hear from you, enjoy coming up with a name for your little one! I have a friend who has a new grandbaby and the parents named it Salvador... I think that is too cool!

Maria!!! Oh Maria! I'm so sorry you are getting jerked around a bit. I think it is really great your midwives will do a breech homebirth. Good for them (and you!). Please let us know how your U/S goes and BPP. Please, for me, if the BPP doesn't go well according to them simply because the baby refuses to move around for them, get another one. Or if you read this before hand, jostle that little one around to get it going! I wish I had done that!! Fingers crossed for ya!
#107 of 112 Old 05-29-2003, 04:03 PM

ok~ no big deal! The baby is head down, the waters were fine, placenta fine, baby fine. Now we are just back on waiting for the baby to decide. & I figured out that I was the only one on a freak-out, my MW was totally cool headed, just wanted to have the info. Anyway, it sure stirred things up & at least I had something different to think about for a couple of days! So I will be breaking out the new breast pump to have some practice with it & see if the nipple stim doesn't help some. We might have an appt Monday to do a non-stress test if the baby still hasn't come yet, but I think it will be this weekend (hoping!!!) I really want to see this little cutie in person!

Also I got my size 0 Kissaluvs in the mail today, so if it's soft fuzzy diapiers in lavender & lemon that the baby has been waiting for, they're here!

Ragana & Kirsten how are you doing?? I hope we all get to meet over @ Life w/ a Babe soon!

blessings, Maria
#108 of 112 Old 05-29-2003, 08:33 PM

I am doing fine - thanks for asking. Only one day past due date and I am getting SO many calls and emails from people asking if baby is here yet. I will let you know! is what I feel like telling them. You would have heard from me! I am the queen of email and phone calling - news will be out quickly as soon as there is any! Geez.... Both girls were six days early so I haven't gone through this before. Everywhere I go (dd1's school, dd2's music class, moms club playgroup, etc.) people are so surprised to see me. I just can't believe all these people have never heard of anyone going past their due date. I guess these days most people use OBs and get induced on their due date if baby isn't here yet so maybe going overdue is out of fashion. Apparently it is in fashion for me! And a couple of others on this thread!

I am getting so much done though - we did expect baby to be here by now so I hadn't scheduled much. While dd1 was in school, dd2 and I went to Gymboree and bought up some new summer stuff (all on sale and it is Gymbucks earning time....) for dd1 and dd2. Will get stuff for baby during Gymbuck redemption time - assume I will have a baby by then and know if I need pink or blue....

Glad to hear your ultrasound showed head down. Can't believe they get us all worked up over stuff like that. My midwife had me going for just a couple minutes a week ago (in old post) until she did a quick vaginal (to avoid me going for an ultrasound) and then she was sure that was head. Apparently baby is so low in my pelvis that they weren't pushing hard enough to feel it well. My baby didn't get the memo that second and third babies "float" until labor starts - this one is good and engaged already. Fine with me!

Will let you know as soon as there is news. And now that XM had her baby, I am not holding out for anyone else - having a baby any day is fair game now - just thought I'd warn ya!
Kirsten
#109 of 112 Old 05-29-2003, 08:36 PM

I am doing fine - thanks for asking. Only one day past due date and I am getting SO many calls and emails from people asking if baby is here yet. I will let you know! is what I feel like telling them. You would have heard from me! I am the queen of email and phone calling - news will be out quickly as soon as there is any! Geez.... Both girls were six days early so I haven't gone through this before. Everywhere I go (dd1's school, dd2's music class, moms club playgroup, etc.) people are so surprised to see me. I just can't believe all these people have never heard of anyone going past their due date. I guess these days most people use OBs and get induced on their due date if baby isn't here yet so maybe going overdue is out of fashion. Apparently it is in fashion for me! And a couple of others on this thread!

I am getting so much done though - we did expect baby to be here by now so I hadn't scheduled much. While dd1 was in school, dd2 and I went to Gymboree and bought up some new summer stuff (all on sale and it is Gymbucks earning time....) for dd1 and dd2. Will get stuff for baby during Gymbuck redemption time - assume I will have a baby by then and know if I need pink or blue....

Maria, so glad to hear your ultrasound showed head down. Can't believe they get us all worked up over stuff like that. My midwife had me going for just a couple minutes a week ago (in old post) until she did a quick vaginal (to avoid me going for an ultrasound) and then she was sure that was head. Apparently baby is so low in my pelvis that they weren't pushing hard enough (from the outside) to feel it well. My baby didn't get the memo that second and third babies "float" until labor starts - this one is good and engaged already. Fine with me!

Will let you know as soon as there is news. And now that XM had her baby, I am not holding out for anyone else - having a baby any day is fair game now - just thought I'd warn ya!
Kirsten
#110 of 112 Old 06-14-2003, 06:36 PM

11 days late but worth the wait!

Lexie Ann made her appearance at our first home birth on Sunday, June 8th. 16 hours of labor, super easy the first 14 (told dh he had to buy me some jewelry or something as he got off so easy). Last hour or so was pretty challenging - I was having trouble keeping on top of things. Pushed for about 39 minutes or so. She was born posterior so we finally figured out why things were taking so long and pushing was so tough. Little tear - seems unfair on baby #3 but so it goes. Did everything we could to avoid but apparently my scar tissue doesn't stretch well (tore in the same spot I tore before).

Got the queen's treatment during labor though as both my midwives were with us (assistant was with another couple already). We are thrilled to pieces. Just wanted to update all you May mamas that I finally made it! Oh, and she has lots of dark hair - we were so shocked! Both the older girls were bald for years....
Kirsten
#111 of 112 Old 06-14-2003, 06:49 PM

nak. wow! maybe she was late b/c she was busy growing all that hair! congrats to you and your family!

:binky

jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#112 of 112 Old 06-14-2003, 09:42 PM

Congratulations Kirsten!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page