August Mama's..new thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 98 Old 05-05-2003, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is everyone doing? I'm loving this pg. I just passed a milestone too...I went into labour at 24 wks last time, and was put on bedrest for the remainer of the pg...I am now 25-26 wks, and feel GREAT! I'm biking to work, feel beautiful and am loving this ever growing presence in my belly!!!

Mamasoleil
#2 of 98 Old 05-06-2003, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm...not sure where my feet/ankles/calves went...these ones are REALLY swollen and big! Anyone else?
Where is everyone?:
#3 of 98 Old 05-06-2003, 02:09 PM

I am here, just cannot write much as a little boy is saying "come momma" he wants breakfast..more later.I am due 8/16!
#4 of 98 Old 05-06-2003, 02:32 PM

Hi! I'm due with baby #2 Aug. 21...and pretty excited.

All is well, I'm going to see my midwife this weekend, hopefully I haven't gained too much weight this time

I've been trying to exercise more and eat better. I can't wait to meet this little baby!

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#5 of 98 Old 05-06-2003, 05:31 PM

Woo-hoo, Mamasoleil, you go!! -- Biking to work!! Jeez, I think I have not exercised in two weeks!!
I haven't had any swelling so far, but I start to see stretch marks on my belly, argh. Also have leg cramps a little bit more often, I think it's really time I get back to my aerobics and yoga!!

In general, I fell great- still!

Had last appt with OB, told him I'm going to go to a midwife, and he was kind of cool abt it, EXCEPT FOR ONE COMMENT- "You know, midwives scare me." while putting his hand to his chest.... oh, but I don't care!! I wanted to tell him "Docs & hospitals freak me out!" but kept my mouth zipped.
I haven't get going with arranging the birthing tub yet... somehow a bit more relaxed the second round...

oh, ok, I'm just rambling.... just wanted to check in again, and hope everyone else is doing great!!
#6 of 98 Old 05-07-2003, 06:15 PM

Hiya, August gals! I'm swelling up already, too, though not terribly and not all the time. Mostly toward the end of the day and if I've been doing a lot of stuff on my feet. But it may be more than I realize: my weigh-in at last week's midwife appt said I had gained 10 pounds in one month! YIKES! Even my laid-back, very cool midwife kinda raised her eyebrows at that.

After making sure I wasn't consuming vast amounts of junk and/or sodium, she concluded it was probably because I wasn't drinking enough water and thus (paradoxically, in my mind) was retaining more water than I should. I think this was right, because at home that night I weighed myself again (partly out of disbelief!) and then in the morning, and sure enough there was a 5 pound difference in a matter of 10 hours or so!

So now I'm drinking water like a mad woman and consequently going to the bathroom every 30 seconds. When's a gal supposed to work?

Between this swelling stuff and feeling so tired again in the evenings, I feel like I'm in the third trimester already! No fair! At 24 weeks, don't I still get to bask in the so-called "golden period" stuff? Sigh. I also LOOK as though I'm in the third trimester...by the time I'm really in the 8th month, I'm going to be about 4 feet across, from butt to belly, I fear....

Hoping everyone is well -- here's another glass of water to your health!

darcy
edd 8.29.03
#7 of 98 Old 05-07-2003, 07:16 PM

26 weeks today! Everything I've read seems to call that the beginning of the 3rd trimester! I'm still feeling pretty good. Sleeping can be a challenge at times, but not too horrible. Sometimes I feel huge and awkward and most of the time, I handle this new body fairly well, I think!

We're buying a house and moving at the end of May, adopting my parents' two cats in June or July and having a baby in August! Anything else we should throw into the mix to make life even more exciting?!
#8 of 98 Old 05-07-2003, 08:42 PM

26wks 3 or 4 days here(depending on which chart ya look at) - no swelling so far but boy am i peeing alot. LOL.

i go in next week for my glucose test..that orange drink crap. ugh.

sleeping is definetly a challenge...i wake every 2-3 hours to pee or blow my dang nose. and i'm feeling a little wide - dh keeps telling me i'm beautiful and to eat eat and enjoy since its our last pregnancy. so i eat and eat . lol

lots of kicking...can see him from the outside now! woohoo!

my biggest problem seems to be finding a name for him, or having him show me his name. dh and i can't find the "right" name for him.
#9 of 98 Old 05-07-2003, 09:01 PM

Hi all. It feels good to be in the company of other third trimesters. I never knew what it meant to be carrying High or Low, until I carried this one. I swear my ribs are going to break. I don't complain, usually, but I'm in agony. Dh still maintains this our last baby, so maybe I'm just making myself miserable. I don't know. I'm making soup tonight, and I just realized, that I'll be thawing some of this soup out after the baby is born. So many uncertainties in the next few months. I've been dreaming of my vbac for years, and the clock is running down. This is my last chance. I really need to keep my focus. Why doesn't life ever leave us alone when we need some space. I have my midwife appointment on Monday, and I've decided not to drink their orange crap. It's a small thing, but I need to do these little thing s to continually empower myself. I refuse to take a routine test simply because it's their routine. I have no risk factors, and I'm being quite responsible for my own health. Sorry for such a crazy post, but I feel better. On another note, anyone else's baby really bouncing on your bladder? Ugh! It's like, I have to pee, no I don't, yes I do, no I don't.....:
#10 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
On another note, anyone else's baby really bouncing on your bladder? Ugh! It's like, I have to pee, no I don't, yes I do, no I don't.....
I hear that!!!! :LOL

I guess I'm swelling as my job requires me sitting for 12 hrs straight. I can usually get up every hour, but yesterday was too busy....yikes, my ankles completely disappeared!!!! Hence the biking to work. I'm proud that my last visit last month, I had not gained much that month...though I go see her next week, and I'm sure I've gained.
I'm 26 wks, now, feel like i've "graduated" to the third trimester today I had SUCH an URGE to pee, when I did, it was a freaking TRICKLE!!! LOL!

I have some new little stretch marks popping up too, I'm carrying higher this time around!!

Dh is living 4 hrs away from us as of last wk...makes me very sad!
But we will join him when I go on maternity leave!!! Ah..life...so unpredictable!!!

Peace,

Mamasoleil
#11 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 12:10 AM

Ok, now I have a little time to post as my son is asleep.

I am feeling this baby more in my ribs than I recall my son being.No swelling so far to speak of..THANK GOD.

I am trying to do a better job of eating now as I was at the dr not too long ago and she asked me to try and gain some weight.I came here for advice and it was great as always...so I have been eating eggs and drinking water and so on .

I am waking up in the middle of the night to race to the bathroom, and my nose feels stuffed up ( which makes me gag, I hate that!).

All in all, I have been trying to just stay relaxed this time around and doing a fairly good job of it if I do say so myself..knock on wood.

I was so tense with my first pregnancy....No fun!

I have changed my mind about a tubal ligation and decided to look into an IUD after .I was NOT planning on having another baby so soon, so I was a TAD upset in the beginning, but I feel very sure and accepting now about it.

So far,So good.
#12 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear you're enjoying your surprise!!! I had to wait two yrs for this...though it's worked out, I love Soleil's age, and she is so stoked for this babe!!!

Mamasoleil
#13 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 12:33 AM

Hey all, if you start a new thread. Would you please put the link on the old thread so we can find you. Thanks.
#14 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 01:33 AM

Thanks KJ for the new thread link - I was wondering why no one was posting!

I'm feeling this baby in my ribs a lot too - even though I'm carrying low again. I don't remember feeling this uncomfortable the 1st pg., especially so early!

Peeing like mad too!

I thought my energy had returned, but I've been totally drained the last week or two and feel exhausted just from going up the stairs!

luckymomma - just curious what the arguements against the orange sugar drink are...I'm supposed to do that at my next appt. yuck.
#15 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 09:50 AM

My midwives are having me do the orange drink thing three times since Cha weighed 9.15. I did it once so far and will next Wednesday also, but..........they told me I can drink 8 ounces of cranberry juice instead, yeah!! I refused vaginal exams last pregnancy and will this time again. This last visit, I declined the doppler, why do I need the doppler? My babe kicks all the time!!!

Mamasoleil,DH has been asking me to join them on a bike ride lately and I feel so awkward that I think I will tip over. I almost went last night. Now that you tell me you bike to work and are about the same time along as me, I may have to go next time they go.

Colorful mama, We have the girls name but I am still struggling with the boys name. Right now it is Edward John but I don't love it.

Luckymama, I too am doing a VBAC. But I have had trouble deciding on a doula. Do you have one?

Seagan, I have had trouble drinking water too. And I usually drink a lot. I hate to admit that. I have also been lame with kegels and sitting on the birthing ball. By the way, I want to meet you still!! And I have had the panic attacks more related to the VBAC and vaginal delivery sense I never really did labor with Charlie, I question if I can really do it. By the way, I am 41 on May 20th!

Willowtree, I hope you are feeling sunshine-eer!

Sharon, did you get the house?

Other than that I am on my third cold since November.
#16 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 10:23 AM

I'm here, I'm here!!! I am feeling great! Really enjoying this 5th time around and the second trimester has been great to me. We have had a completely non medicalized pg for the first time and it is such a relaxing experience. No US, no tests, no exams.... We used the doppler once but that was it. My MWs are still keeping an eye on things as I was measuring a bit big at my last visit. I guess we will just assume that if I don't gain a ton of weight, get a lot bigger, and only hear 1 heartbeat, that there is only one little critter in there.
#17 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 10:48 AM

Baby bouncing on my bladder? I went to the dr. because I thought I had a UTI, but they said, "uh, no, your baby is just sitting on your bladder!" So now I know what that feels like (I never get UTI's so I wasn't sure!).
She is kicking a lot, but today she is pretty quiet so far. Sometimes the kicks are so shocking! But I love them

It's good to hear everyone is doing well. I haven't had any swelling yet, but I'm pretty beat by the end of the week. Is anyone else tired? The closer it gets to Friday, the more I just want to put my head on my desk and nap the day away.

So, I've been buying cloth diapers and it's so much fun! It's pretty addictive, I must admit. I'm obsessed with cloth diapers!!!! Poor dh thinks I've gone insane, between the dipes and crying at the drop of a hat. Oh well...
#18 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 10:50 AM

25 weeks here, feeling good. I moving in a month so to develop the relationship with my MW I am going up to see her today--it's taken some planning but I'm glad I'm going. Just not looking forward to the drive alone.

I am loving May, but anyone else dreading the upcoming summer heat? I envision my life in the air conditioning. I would rather be outside but the east coast humidity is hard for me to handle in the summer.

~~~Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...you've got to run like a lamb queen out of control~~~
#19 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 10:51 AM

So what cloth diapers should I get this newborn?
We used some real simple ones with the first and I sold them on EBAY.

We are using luke's drawers primarily now.

I am looking at kissaluvs 0
and Luke's hugs now
I am not a cpf girl.

Any other ideas.
#20 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 11:46 AM

Just had to jump in about the bladder kicking. YOWEEE! The placenta for this babe is apparently in the front of my uterus, so I'm guessing that's why I feel so many wierd kicks that are sort of to the back of my body and down -- often right on my bladder! It's not too bad now, just sort of odd feeling, but I can't help worrying how those jabs will feel when this babe is bigger...I imagine myself suddenly getting wide-eyed and jumping in my chair in the middle of a meeting or something...

And I had yet another third-trimester symptom last night: the same variation on heartburn that I got all the time with DS. It's more a burning in my throat when I'm lying down than true heartburn, but still. Anyway, I had forgotten all about that sensation and there it was...I admit I'm really struggling with feeling bummed over these sorts of discomforts already, but I hope to come to peace with it all fairly soon.

Kaje62 -- I'd love to get together soon too! I work full-time over in St. Paul, but perhaps some early evening or weekend time we could meet for (non)coffee or a walk or something?

So nice to hear from all of you -- keep on gestating!

darcy
#21 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 01:19 PM

I'm new here...I've been lurking for a couple of weeks tho...
It's nice to see that others are dealing with the same things as I am...such as the baby using the bladder as a trampoline ...So far my pregnancy has been good...thank goodness cos its my first .I"m not scared or nervous , mainly excited !

I"m sure I'll be back...just wanted to say Hello.

winner.jpg  homeschool.gif familybed1.gif    happily married mom to one son jammin.gif and one daughterbiggrinbounce.gif!
#22 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 05:14 PM

Seagan sounds great. PM me or call me. We could go to the childbirth collective also.
#23 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 07:58 PM

My bladder got stomped on for the first time a couple days ago. I was driving down the freeway and it REALLY startled me! Dh started laughing and asked what had happened since as far as he could tell, I jumped for NO reason! It's only happened a few times since (thank goodness!) and it's always been when I'm sitting...that's motivation to be upright! I mostly feel the baby out to the sides...is it sideways? But thankfully, I'm not feeling it in my ribs at all yet!

For the last week or so, I've really been identifying with this baby as a person more and more. For a long time, it was just some squirmy eel or something, but now it really feels like a person to me. Great feeling!

I got my first ever mother's day card from my sister today!
#24 of 98 Old 05-08-2003, 11:00 PM

Sometimes when the baby is sleeping, I just plumb forget I'm pregnant. Now that has got to be pure craziness, or life with a 31/2 year old.
Smeta, for the me the arguments against the glucose tolerance test are mainly my own psychological resistance to blindly obeying what they(the conventional medical people) deem as routine testing. It's not that I have such a pure diet that I don't consume any sugar(I just had an ice cream cone ). I don't think consuming the amount of sugar in the glucola is really harmful, but if the test comes back positive, the next step is to do a 3 hr gtt, and if that is still out of whack, they have you follow a diet. Well, I choose just to watch my diet, and just make my own decisions. Besides, they do the urine dipstick test for glucose, and if I ever have glucose spilling into my urine, I'll be the one to pursue further testing. It's all part of getting into that vbac frame of mind. It's takes alot of strength to prepare to give birth when you've been told you're not able to have a vaginal birth(cpd, ftp, crap). Anyway, I just advocate that all of us do what we feel is the right thing for ourselves, and our babies, that way, there will be no regrets when it's all over.
Kaje62, I did find a doula. She seems really good. Very confident, and just bossy enough that I know she'll be a strong advocate for me, and she'll give me a kick in the butt should I need it. I can't wait to get into labor. I plan on staying home until the last minute. My ultimate dream is to show up at the hospital, give birth within...hmmm...10 minutes, get a free meal, and go home 4 hours later. Dreams can come true.(Please God)
#25 of 98 Old 05-09-2003, 10:38 AM

Kaje62 - unfortunately, I'm a CPF girl only because they are the cheapest option! We are feeling rather broke. But if I could have whatever my little heart wanted, I would probably buy Kissaluvs. I'm also curious about a fitted called pumpkin-something (I found them at www.diaperware.com), that's supposed to fit from 8-35lbs! Sounds great! But since this is our first, I'm afraid I don't have any real experience with cloth diapers yet, and everyone seems to think I'm insane to want to use them. Ah, well, what's new?

I have a question. I just received my Maya Wrap sling, and I was trying it on, and I couldn't imagine that it would hold a baby without him/her tumbling out. Logically I know they don't tumble out, I've seen pictures! But really, they work, right?:
#26 of 98 Old 05-13-2003, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

I had my first baby dream last night...it was so vivid! The babe is a boy, I'm fairly sure, or so it was in my dream! It was pretty bizarre, and yet so real...the baby had no name after three days though...so I'm still at lost with finding the 'perfect' name!!! ARGH! I'm going to see my MW tomorrow..this pg is flying! I feel I'm running out of time to do everything that I need to do! Plus, dh is now living three hrs away, so Soleil and I have been going to visit, when I'm supposed to be making her new room up, and getting her into the routine of sleeping in her own bed...sigh...wks and months are flying...don't know if I'll ever get around to that room!!!!

Peace,

Mamasoleil
#27 of 98 Old 05-13-2003, 10:36 AM

Annais, I bet if you started a thread asking for free diapers you would be surprised what you would get. Want me to do it for you? I will.

And the mayan sling is awesome. Ask a friend who used one to practice with you.
#28 of 98 Old 05-13-2003, 02:56 PM

Question about the baby kicking on the bladder:

Is this when you feel the kicks more internally rather than popping out of your belly where you can see them? I am starting to get these internal kicks, and curious if others experience the same thing.

~~~Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...you've got to run like a lamb queen out of control~~~
#29 of 98 Old 05-13-2003, 03:27 PM

well, my diaper stash is out of control really. all in trades thank goodness but i have

newborn - 2dozen preemie/infant prefolds, 2 dozen wahm fitteds (gabriel baby, country cozies, cloud nines, lukesdrawers etc), 2 preemie fuzzibunz, 12 kushies ultra aios and 6 duckies and angel luves aios. (i think three of each) and a dozen nb bummies and prorap covers.

then i have smalls - 3dozen small prefolds (am selling a dozen), 2 dozen wahm fitteds, 2 dozen covers if not more and 6 fuzzibunz for nighttime

am working on mediums now. lol

i have my glucose test thursday - i'll be 27wks 5days. they're making me fast !?! nothing to eat/drink after midnight the night before. then i drink the st uff at 8am and have the blood draw at 9am . i'm going to be so sick - i think i may ask dh to take the morning off to drive me.

lots of low kicking for me right now. i can still see tummy moving sometimes especially at night.

and still no name. lol. Zane is the only one i like so far. Zane Micah

and still peeing every hour and a half all night long!!!
#30 of 98 Old 05-13-2003, 03:51 PM

Yeah, the bladder kicking is pretty interior-feeling. Now I'm getting kicked in other, unknown organs, too, and I think my cervix? Very odd.

Had a long, heavy round of Braxton-Hicks contractions last night that pretty much freaked me out. I was put on bedrest for most of the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy with DS (including nearly a month in the hospital on a mag sulfate IV drip -- ugh), only to go full-term with no problems (in fact, I finally went into "true" labor on my due date). Anyway, I've been determined to be calmer and more confident about BH contractiosn this time around, but I found myself sort of panicking last night, as I got wave after wave of fairly strong BHs. I find I get at least two different sorts of contractions with this pregnancy -- just a minor kind of tightening (similiar to pregnancy #1) but then at other, less frequent times, stronger contractions that have more of a wave-like quality to them. I got both kinds last night, as well as a vague menstrual-crampy feeling, and just started to get nervous and downright scared. Yuck.

I hope I won't be experiencing this from here on, though I guess it's probably likely. Thankfully, my midwife has offered to run fetal fibronectin tests (which if negative can tell you with a good amount of certainty that you're not in danger of going into real labor for at least the next 14 days), and I may ask her do that on my next visit, just so I calm down more if/when these episodes happen.

I've also gotta stay on top of this water drinking thing -- I didn't drink enough yesterday, and perhaps that's the simple reason for the BH cycle.

Thanks for listening! I hope everybody else is doing well.

darcy
edd 8.29.03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page