What Crazy Statement Did Someone Make When You Told Them The Big News? - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 217 Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mom when I called and told her on the phone blurted out, " So, are you gonna get married now?"
We live together and are 37 and 34 respectively so this was quite a question from outta left field:

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 217 Old 03-02-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
The day I found out I was pregnant with #1 my dad asked, "Do you know if its a boy or a girl?"
"Yes."
"Well?"
"It's definitely one of those."
#213 of 217 Old 03-02-2008, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather8 View Post
Apparently she had always "planned to get pg in October, tell the family at Christmas, and have a baby in July." Because OF COURSE you can plan these things down to the day, so I purposely smooshed that sperm and egg together JUST THEN because my psychic powers told me that doing this would royally tick her off.
Well, except for waiting for Christmas to tell folks, I did pretty much exactly that with DS... so she can be pissed at me too!

Fortunately our friends and family have a lot more decorum than most of you. Though I do have one kinda funny one.... DH and I are both only children. So when we announced we were pregnant with our second, I was kinda surprised when my MIL started telling me all kinds of stuff about how we should handle sibling issues. Granted, she has three siblings, but uh... that's ok, I think we've got it covered.
#214 of 217 Old 03-02-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
"Yes."
"Well?"
"It's definitely one of those."
OMG - this is my new all time favorite. At this point not sure I will be able to use it (I've been telling people we are having a puppy) that is priceless. **Writing down so as not to forget for next time...if there is a next time...**

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#215 of 217 Old 03-02-2008, 04:59 PM

with our first, i made dh call his mom on the phone right after i told him b/c i was sure she'd be soooo excited. Nope. her response was, " i ought to choke her." (meaning me)
i couldn't believe it.
but it only took her about a day or so to get excited. now, our ds is her whole world and she seems excited about the baby on the way as well.

Chelsea, Christian, Wife to Trey, Mommy to Oliver (11/3/2005), Abner (5/01/2008) and Baby #3 ( Due 9/27/2010)
#216 of 217 Old 03-02-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
Whoa! How did you get away with that one? DH and I use to joke we wouldn't tell his family until our child's high school graduation. But we live in the same state so we can't get away with that now. (Though, we still haven't told them. I'm sure I'll have a great response to post here once we do.)
They're in NY & we're in NC...and we hate them and don't talk to them.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#217 of 217 Old 03-02-2008, 07:17 PM

Everyone in my family was happy!
excempt my ONE blood relitive, my mom.
she told me to have an abortion or give it up for adooption.
for 4 months she was nothing but a complete bitch!
i freaked out because i had to go to the hospital because of the severe morning sickness and she said "it's not the end of the world if it dies, it's for the best"
my family hates my mom for that and she's not allowed to know about this prengnancy until i have it. i dont need her trying to force me into another abortion as she has done 4 times already, plus i'm married and everyone BUT her is overly happy about this secdon baby as they were the first!
yes our daughters only 6 months but life happens, my husband is making sure we wont have more until we're ready by getting snipped.
i'm starting to hate my mother because the whole time i was pregnant she'd say "i hope it's s boy, i like them better" or "having a baby isn't worth anything, you don't get anything out of having a child" basiclly saying she regrets having me, which she's made clear for a few years now.
oh another great quote from her "spoiling greandchildren is a way for parents to get back at their children"
so she's not allowed to have Persephonie by herself, EVER!

sorry for the rant! she just pisses me off because i was in horrible pain and wanted my mother to be there for me which she wasn't until my "dad" told her how she was pushing me away!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page