maternity vs. nursing bra - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-12-2003, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I am 3months into second pregnancy and popping out of my bras. I really don't feel comfortable wearing all my nursing bras from my previous pregancy with all the flaps, hooks and extra fabric.

I was curious: do you, moms, just buy bigger regular bras during pregnancy or maternity/nursing bras?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-12-2003, 09:14 AM

That's a no-brainer for me, since I'm still nursing my DD a couple times a day. But even if I weren't I'd still prefer my nursing bras. Much more comfortable, more supportive, and I have so many different sizes that I can always find one to fit. Plus, I could never find a regular bra in my size (I'm rather large-chested, I must say) locally, so why not wear one I already have that fits properly? I have to special order them anyway.
#3 of 6 Old 05-12-2003, 07:56 PM

IMO it would be a waste of money to buy regular bras in a bigger size - not knowing if you could ever use them again later. I just wear my nursing bras during pregnancy (after I am uncomfortable in my regular bras). My current fave is Blue Canoe - they are like sports bras so no snaps, hooks, etc. - very comfy.
Kirsten
#4 of 6 Old 05-12-2003, 09:47 PM

I always wear regular bras, even when nursing. I'm still nursing dd and pregnant and still wearing the same old regular "slightly larger" bras. I just hate the flaps and tabs and everything and am too cheap to buy fancy stuff!
#5 of 6 Old 05-12-2003, 09:49 PM

When I outgrew my regular bras, I had every intention of just wearing nursing bras for the rest of the pregnancy...seemed like a waste of money to buy bigger ones and then buy nursing ones. But when I was at the store, the woman helping me said that I'd probably grow more once the baby was born and needed the nursing bras. So there wasn't much chance that what I'd be wearing now would be the same size once the baby was born. She recommended finding regular ones on sale and buying nursing bras closer to the end of my pregnancy. With Memorial Day right around the corner, I'm sure you can find a good sale.
#6 of 6 Old 05-13-2003, 03:10 AM

This is my 3rd pregngncy and right before 3 mos I could not fit in my regular bras as both the cup and band were too tight. I went to Macys and got a good supportive Bali bra with fancy spandex. It was on clearance for $12.00. Then I was at a discount shop called Ross and found the same Bali only in black for $5.99.

I have been wearing them and found myself nearing the last rung. I went into the Motherhood shop and got a black and a beige bra extender for each of them. They were $1.50 each. I tend to like my bands looser than most people though. If you could get by with your current cup size you could just get the extenders and wear your regular bras as I did with most of my first pregnancy.

I would have gotten a Bravado nursing bra as they are spandex and can accomodate changing breast sizes. They are good for pregnancy too but they cost around $28 ea. and I tend to BF for at least 2 years, I think I'd be sick of them by the time I had worn the same bra for almost 3 years!

You can do a lot of things depends on how much you want to spend.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page