Non-Stop fetal movement? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else have this?

I'm 21 weeks and for the past week this kid is nearly *always* moving. This might sound dumb to some people...but is this OK? Should I be worried?
#2 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 05:29 PM

I'm 23 weeks and my baby has been moving pretty frequently for the past few weeks now (except this past weekend I didn't feel movement much for a couple days, but now it's back and strong as ever); I mean I wouldn't say "constantly" but I've heard they move more when you're still (or you notice it more) than when you're moving (it rocks them to sleep) and since I am still, reading and studying most of the day, it's no surprise that the baby is awake and kicking.

I can't say for sure whether it's "normal" or not b/c this is my first, too but I am pretty sure it is.
#3 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
I mean I wouldn't say "constantly" but I've heard they move more when you're still (or you notice it more) than when you're moving (it rocks them to sleep)...
I heard this too, but mine is on the go even when I am! I take long walks with my doggie every day and I feel like I'm being prodded along by the thing in my belly!
#4 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 05:39 PM

because they still have lots of room to move. In another month or two it starts getting crowded and then you tend to get more squirms and pushes etc., but right now he/she is probably able to still do flips in there.

Kathy EDD 08/06/07
#5 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 06:36 PM

I'm 21 wks now and was wondering the same thing. THis is my second pregnancy and I don't remember my first being this active all the time, this early!
#6 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM

mine moves all the time since about then (36 weeks now)

my first was NOTHING like this. Glad the active one was second, otherwise I'd be panicking over the one that wasnt moving much
#7 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Mine did that too. He didn't stop when he was born, either. He was 8 months old the first time he was willing to lie still and cuddle while he was awake. Even as a newborn he was lifting his head off my shoulder and trying to look around. He's exhausting, but lots of fun when I have the energy to deal with him.
#8 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys--I feel better now. I was just reading so much about how some folks were only feeling thier babies sometimes during the day and it started making me think that maybe it's not normal, or ok that I feel this one as much as I do. That might sound silly, but I've gotten a lot of wierd responses from family members who think it's all in my head . It's nice to know that they're just jerks lol.
#9 of 12 Old 01-19-2007, 11:33 PM

Ours is always on the move lately it seems!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#10 of 12 Old 01-20-2007, 01:54 AM

mine is sooooooo active all the time!! i love it i've been told he's gonna be a ALL OVER the place when he gets here, so i'd better get my rest now!!
#11 of 12 Old 01-21-2007, 02:26 PM

Normal for me and I loved loved loved it!
Even now in my 8th month baby will still be really active, but only during specific times, not 24/7 like before.
#12 of 12 Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 PM

My DD moved CONSANTLY...and she has never stopped. Welcome to the world of craziness!! It's wonderful!!!

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page