HELP -- I CAN'T PEE AT ALL!!! What can I do?!?!?!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WHEW -- I finally peed!!!! It took a while, but it happened. Thanks to all who responded. I'm definitely going to arm myself with some peppermint oil and tuck away the idea of a warm bath for the next time it happens. . .MANY, MANY thanks!!!!!

Cheers,
A very "relieved" Roxanne

I woke up two hours ago with a very full bladder. I finally got up an hour later and immediately went to the toilet. Nothing. Lots of pressure. Nothing. A full bowel movement. Nothing. Not one drop. I am in misery over here!

A friend of mine told me that she frequently couldn't pee when she was pregnant with her first (this is my 2nd, if it matters) but I can't get in touch with her to get some pointers. I've tried jumping up and down (which normally would make my entire bladder release uncontrollably), squatting on the toilet seat (to open up my pelvis), and putting pressure on my bladder (both by pressing from outside and trying to make myself pee from the inside).

There's no reason to believe that I would have a blockage/stone of any kind and I'm not in any pain aside from the discomfort of needing to pee.

Any suggestions?!?!?!

Thanks!

Roxanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 AM

and pee in there if you can. Also while in there lay on your side and gently push where your urether is. I had this happen once after holding my pee for so long(back when they use to make you drink all that water and than hold your pee for u/s's). After trying everything that is what worked.

((((HUGS)))
Old 01-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Do you have any peppermint oil? This sounds silly but it's a doula trick, you put a few drops or peppermint oil in the toilet and then sit on the toilet and you should be able to pee. We use it on women in labor with success a lot. I hope you get to pee soon! If when you do, only a few drops come out (and/or it burns) it could be a sign of a UTI.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 01-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Peppermint oil. It's amazing stuff.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Try running the sink while you sit on the toilet. The sound of running water can be quite effective. Filling a cup or squirt bottle with warm water and pouring it over your vulva can help as well- kind of "gets the flow started."

One more little trick- when I was in college I'd often have a little trouble peeing after holding it in overnight (especially while menstruating.) I'd stare at the tile floor and count "one mississiPEE, two mississiPEE" etc.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No suggestions, just I hope you find something that works!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 PM

Sometimes getting in the shower helps me relieve myself when I have experienced something similar.. I have never had it as bad as yours though.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM

Wow, the same is happening to me. Every morning I go to pee and it hardly comes out, full bladder and it just trickles. This morning I go scared I kept pushing and nothing, I really had to pee. I pushed and pushed and finally it came out. This only happens in the Am. I feel your pain. During the day I have no problem. But this morning I started panicing.

User Tag List