Is this ok? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright, this is going to be a bit of a long message, but here it goes.

On 1/17 I had an appt with my OB. At that appt he checked my bp and urine as always. He informs us that the baby has a 2 vessel cord. He really doesn't explain much about it. He runs through what little info he gave us very quickly. He tells me all the tests I will be having, but that I shouldn't worry : Then he tells me that they are switching my due date from 6/3 to 5/24 because of a 1st trimester u/s I had (they couldn't find the heartbeat in the office so they sent me to u/s). Now, dh and I practice NFP. I charted very carefully the month that we conceived and the June 3rd due date is right (I actually get 6/1). So, he informs me that they induce at 41 wks, but this is before my due date : When I try to tell him that the original due date is right he dismisses me. He won't discuss it and the way he ends the conversation is by asking "well, were you still nursing at the time?" : Needless to say, we left the appt worried about the pregnancy and mad at him. My next scheduled appt with him is 2/21, which is 5 wks from the previous appt.

Ok, the next day I call my regular dr who is also our ped, who is awesome. He listens to everything and tells me that he will set me up with a perinatalogist in town. We go to her on 1/24. She checked my bp and did an u/s. She confirmed the 2 vessel cord, but says baby looks very healthy and the only real concern is about low water at the end of the pregnancy

So, I decide to change OBs because of the poor visit coupled with stuff from my first pregnancy (one dr in the practice told me I would probably have to have a section because I am short : ). I call the new OB and can't get an appt until 2/28.

Now this is 6 wks from my last OB appt (but only 5 from the appt with the perinatalogist). Should I be worried that I will be going 6 wks without getting my urine tested? It will only be 5 wks with the bp check and since my original OB had me going 5 wks between appts I guess that must be ok. Would you be worried? I could just go to my original OB on the 21st, but he had set me up with a fetal echo that I have cancelled (perinatalogist said it was unneccessary), so I don't want to have to deal with that with him.

Sorry about the long and convoluted message. I know I am probably being ridiculous worrying about this, I just need some reassurance so I can forget about it for the next 4wks.

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 07:11 AM

buy some urine sticks. you can check your bp in every pharmacy, right?

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

Old 02-01-2007, 01:00 PM

I would not worry. You sound like a mama who takes good care of herself. One more week of waiting to pee on a stick will not hurt anything. Or as the pp said, you could try to buy some pee sticks. But the stress relief of not having to see that old OB again should keep you healthy for an extra week!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM

I wouldn't worry. As long as everything has been fine so far, a week or two won't matter.

Mama of three.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstinctiveMama View Post
But the stress relief of not having to see that old OB again should keep you healthy for an extra week!
That is so true! Ever since my 39th wk appt with dd when my bp went to 140/90 I have dreaded going to the OB and have developed white coat hypertension. Staying away from them is probably the best thing for me.

I didn't know we could get sticks at the pharmacy that would check our sugar and protein. I might just look into that. I am definitely more concerned about the protein than the sugar as I eat well (I know you can get GD even if you eat well).

Thanks for the reassurance!

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
Old 02-02-2007, 04:22 AM
Banned

You can order the reagent strips from Amazon.com if you can't find them in your pharmacy.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:42 PM

I wouldn't worry about going 6 weeks between appts. heck if your OB went on vacation he wouldn't worry about your going 6 weeks between appts!

Go to your new doctor in 6 weeks!

User Tag List