I haven't brushed my teeth today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-01-2007, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know, gross. But its a combination of being absolutely wiped out and sick that the thought of it makes my stomach turn and my head hurt. The sickness I know I can handle but when does the exhastion let up?? I can't seem to remember. I can barely function I am so tired. Is there anything that helps? If not, you will be able to find me slouched on my couch until it goes away. Any advice appreicated.
#2 of 9 Old 02-01-2007, 08:06 PM

Oh, I'm sorry that you feel so sick For me, this pregnancy has been the worst one for exhaustion and nausea. I could barely brush my teeth sometimes because the toothbrush would make me gag. I don't know if there's anything you can do other than rest, rest, rest. How is your other child doing? Does your SO help you out? Hugs, KarmaJoy!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#3 of 9 Old 02-01-2007, 10:33 PM

Darn toothbrush gets me everytime too! But, only if I've eaten something specific (any milk or yogurt or orange juice). I should be getting out of this phase soon right ... I'm 12w2d today ... Is that the light I see at the end of the 1st tri tunnel? Universe help me I hope so!
#4 of 9 Old 02-01-2007, 10:55 PM

The only way I could brush my teeth was to use either cinnamon toothpaste or baking soda. Baking soda is the best though, yes it is slightly salty but there was no after taste and my mouth felt CLEAN. Really, I haven't been able to use regular mint toothpaste since I first became pregnant. Just something that stuck with me. Oh, ad maybe get a childs sized toothbruush so you don't have something that big in your mouth.
As for exhaustion, maybe try, ask first, about a b vitamin supplement? I know that me making sure that I was hydrated enough made a big difference also. I hope you feel better soon, it will pass.
#5 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 12:13 AM

its ok. i havent washed my hair in three days. sometimes this pregnancy stuff isnt the lovely glowing time that we think it should be. i do brush my teeth jsut not with toothpaste anymore, it makes it less gagtastic.

good luck mama!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#6 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 AM

I mostly just scrape my teeth (with my nails) after eating and floss at night... it keeps them clean

I haven't showered in over a week, but I do wash my pits with baking soda every other day so there's no stink... I went shampoo free over a year ago so my hair doesn't really get greasy anymore and I just keep it put up I figure dh would let me know if I got to smelling like a beast, and he hasn't complained!

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#7 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 AM

i seem to have a gag reflex for my entire length of pregnancies, i brush w/ mouthwash or baking soda because the toothpaste bubbles just make everything worse. you could always just floss, rinse w/ mouthwash and chew some gum. also an electric toothbrush (you can get cheapies now at the grocery store) may be better because you are just placing it on your back teeth instead of jamming it back there.
#8 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 11:18 AM

You're not alone! I cannot handle brushing my teeth this pregnancy. The thought of it makes me ill. If I've gone all day, I try to be sure to brush them before bedtime. It's crazy. Usually I'm obsessive about that kind of thing. I like to be and feel "clean" all the time. Some days I don't take a shower, I just want to lay on the couch and sleep or think about something besides being nauseaus. I can't though, I have a toddler to run after and two older kids that need schooled! AACK!
#9 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies for the sympathy. It's just nice to hear that I am not just a slob but this is somewhat normal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenomicsGirl View Post
Does your SO help you out?
Sadly, he is an accountant and this is busy season...so I don't even see him, let alone get help.

Thanks for all the support!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page