Preventing/Reducing Morning Sickness and Hyperemsis Gravidarum (herbs & more!) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
First ... 4  5  6
I'm Pregnant > Preventing/Reducing Morning Sickness and Hyperemsis Gravidarum (herbs & more!)
JewelSun's Avatar JewelSun 09:53 AM 06-28-2013
I took B6 for a year and MT for approximately 3 months before conception. Unfortunately I am in the midst of HG. It started at 5 weeks. I am now 31 weeks and its better than it was but I am no where near normal. I wish I had done everything and for 1 year before TTC.

rozzy140's Avatar rozzy140 12:16 PM 07-22-2013

Hi ladies-

I am completely brand new to this, I am excited to be apart of it!! So I am trying for my first baby here in a couple months, my mom and my sister have gotten extremely extremely bad morning sickness. My sister had at home care nurses and zo-fran pump. To the point I am at extreme high risk to be sick and found these pre-conception things extremely helpful does anyone else have any tips I am about to go shopping for vitamins etc and would love to hear your view!!

Thanks so much!!

Rozlyn

Stormlady's Avatar Stormlady 01:50 PM 04-24-2014

SOOOOOO happy to find this thread!!

We found out last week we have been blessed with our 4th little one! We are so excited - and nervous...

I have had HG with all 3 of my previous pregnancies.  I will know in 2-3 weeks if it is going to be the same with my 4th.

What I've tried in the past:

1st pregnancy:

Didn't know what hit me. No one had seen anyone that sick before, could find little to no resources to help me.

Tried Zofran, already very dehydrated and couldn't eat.

Didn't help so I stopped taking it and used Phenergan.

Phenergan knocked me out but did help with the nausea a bit.

Rehydrated in ER 2-3 times.

Went in for B6/B12 vitamin shots, did help a LITTLE.

Could barely function.

Nausea subsided around week 30ish.

2nd pregnancy:

Thought I was ready this time.

Got on Phenergan right away (because Zofran "doesn't work for me").

Knocked me out.  Slept through eating.

Got on Doxylamine succinate/B6.

Still very nauseaus.

Could barely function.

Hubby gave me B12 vitamin shots at home.

Did my best to keep B6 pills down.

Nausea subsided around week 30ish.

3rd pregnancy:

Found new info.  Zofran works if you start it right away, don't miss a dose (cumulative), and if you are hydrated!

Tried Zofran from day 1, it did help.

Also on doxylamine succinate/B6 right away.

B12 shots.

Later, got injectable Zofran for shots at home.

Found home nursing company, got IV hydration and vitamins at home =).

Around 5 months found a new doctor who was POSITIVE I had low progesterone and that was causing my HG. ( I dared to hope!!!)

Got on bio-identical progesterone suppositories and was able to cut down my anti-nausea medication by 2/3s.  

He stated that the real test would be if we had a 4th, we would start on the progesterone right away and closely monitor my thyroid via my basal body temp and symptoms.

So, here it is! The 4th...the real test.

I am about 5 weeks based on conception date (thank you Natural Family Planning chart!)

4th pregnancy - here is what I'm doing now:

AM:

Milk Thistle, 200 mg, 80% silymarin (not phytosome, thinking I should switch to that)

Bio identical progesterone, 400mg

Folic Acid, 800mcg

B-100, 1/2 tablet, (B1, B2, Niacin, B6, Folate, B12, Biotin, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Vitamin C)

Colace, 100mg

Iodine (for thyroid health) 4 drops/day, 50mg Iodine/100mg Potassium Iodine

Super Enzymes (betaine, amylase, protease, lipase, ox bile extract, bromelain, papain, pepsin, juice powders)

Lunch:

Milk Thistle

B-100, 1/2 tablet

Super Enzymes

D3, 7000 IU

Iodine drop

Selenium, 100mcg

Dinner:

Milk Thistle, 200 mg, 80% silymarin (not phytosome, thinking I should switch to that)

Bio identical progesterone, 400mg

B-100, 1/2 tablet, (B1, B2, Niacin, B6, Folate, B12, Biotin, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Vitamin C)

Iodine (for thyroid health) 4 drops/day, 50mg Iodine/100mg Potassium Iodine

Super Enzymes (betaine, amylase, protease, lipase, ox bile extract, bromelain, papain, pepsin, juice powders)

Expecta Lipil, DHA 200mg

Planning to Add:

Entrox

Prenatal Vitamin

Lemon Water

Should I also add Calcium?

Do any of you notice anything I should/should not be taking?  Any input from those who have tried this route before would be great!

Has anyone gotten relief from taking bio-identical progesterone?

Thank you and God Bless You!

Michelle

First ... 4  5  6

Up