would you fly with an unvaccinated 2 month old? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mmmmm.... magical chocolate! I might just sling a babe that young during the ceremony... a 2 month old would probably sleep all the way through being that close to his/her mama and then if he/she needed to nurse you could wear a 2 piece dress and pop 'em on the boob without anyone noticing (ah, magical slings!!!).

Magical chocolate and magical slings... get those and go if you want to!

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#62 of 66 Old 03-01-2007, 11:26 AM

I flew with my unvaxed 8 week old to my sister's wedding - it was fine - no issues - I nursed during takeoff and landing and other than that - she slept the whole time...
The 2 hour flight was much better than being in a car for 10 hours and having to stop every hour or so to nurse....
As for the ceremony - I was matron of honor - and I altered my dress to be a skirt instead and wore a nursing top - DH held DD for the ceremony (thought she cried the whole time) - I would maybe pump and have a bottle ready in case your babe gets really hungry and cranky...
I say go....

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
#63 of 66 Old 03-01-2007, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

you guys are the BEST!

yes, i already have two slings they are not very magical, though, *sigh*

they are super plain, black and khaki - i wanted to encourage DH to use 'em too.

i guess i better order a nice *girly* one for myself flowers...polka dots...

also - i talked to my friend last night and she was SUPER COOL about it. she doesn't give a darn if i am in the wedding or not, just as long as i am there so i am on a "wait and see" basis....

i guess that's why she's my best friend (awwwwww)

now if i could only bring my very cute cloth diapers. but why make things extra difficult, right!? or has anyone attempted to rinse these things in a hotel sink?!

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#64 of 66 Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutti View Post
now if i could only bring my very cute cloth diapers. but why make things extra difficult, right!? or has anyone attempted to rinse these things in a hotel sink?!
Bring them! Almost all hotels have guest laundry facilities now. We always bring our cloth when we're away from home.

-Angela
#65 of 66 Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Yeah, I have never actually laundered CDs on a trip, but on long road trips we've made use of the coin-op w/d for our own clothes many a time.
#66 of 66 Old 03-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Cool, I'm glad your friend is a "keeper".

As for cloth diapers, I guess I 'cheated' I always brought a few along for 'showing off' but also usually did use disposables unless it was a car trip. Get a good wetbag and double it up with a garbage bag if you are bringing the dipes so you can just put everything in the wetbag/garbage bag and repack it w/o it worrying about getting to the rest of your suitcase.

Really, you'll know what you feel like at the time, but packing, imo, with babies is a nightmare, I'm horrible at it for myself and the amount of stuff I brought for Josh was incredible. Thank goodness I won't have 2 in diapers at the same time, lol.

Usually most of it doesn't get used, and I always forgot something that I needed. But it all works out!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page