498 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MamaBug 
#1 ·
what are your plans for your brith?
are you going to have a c-section?
a vaginal medicated birth?
unmedicated but in a hospital?
home birth?
unassisted birth?
are you having a doctor or midwife or neither?
will u have a doula?
what r your expectations for your labor, birth and your family after the birth?
me
i am trying to plan a home birth with a midwife but i might just go with an unassisted birth. im not real sure yet. i think i would be comfortable with both. i just want to make sure that i would be able to recognize if there is a problem and i need to be transfered. im not planning on having a doula just my family. i have great expectations for this birth my last was in a hospital with a midwife but i still had some meds and an iv and monators. i did stay in a birthing tub for a little bit. i hope that this time around by really letting this be a natural birth i will bond with the baby better, and i will feel more empowered. i will know that i dideverything i possibly could to make sure that this baby had the most comfortable, welcoming and loving entrance into this world as possible.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am crossing everything I have (lol) for a VBAC! We planned on a totally natural birth for our first daughter but unfortunately had to have a cesarean. It really destroyed me and I will do anything not to go down that path again!

My dream birth would be a home/water birth. But that's not an option this time around. We'll labor as much as possible at home, then go to the hospital where my midwife will meet us and I'll hopefully labor/deliver unmedicated. In a perfect world everyone would then leave the room and let my husband and I and Savannah bond in peace! Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to settle with demanding that no one touch her, cut her cord, take her from me until I say so. No eye ointment, no Vit K. Breastfeeding as soon as possible and constant body contact for at LEAST one hour before they move her from me.

Since everything went so horribly last time I am going to have a doula and my husband be very vocal about my wants. There's no way I'm going to let some nurse bully me into letting my baby go before we're ready.

#3 ·
I would love to try for a VBAC but 1) the Dr will not allow it and 2) I am just too scared to try. This is my 3rd baby and both my boys were large and I never progressed, so the thought of uterine rupture scares the you know what out of me.

However I really would like as peaceful, unstressed c/s as I can get and with the new Dr I think I can get it. They are going to do everything they can for me such as making sure the baby gets put on my chest after birth, keeping the baby with me at all times even in recovery and so forth, these are things they did not do that last 2 times when I was at another Dr.

So while I won't have the birth that I WANT I will have a birth that is better then the last 2 times I hope

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.