Pregnant with #1 in our 30s - Page 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#451 of 453 Old 05-12-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
It might also make the thread more user friendly if we have a list of active members in the first post along with other info. This info could include things like real name, age, EDD, sex of the babe, whatever you feel comfortable sharing. I have no problem putting this info together and starting a new thread - I just don't want to step on any toes (particularly you Dee - this thread is your baby, so let me know if you want to keep control). Another thing that might help the newbies is if we pop in on the TTC thread every once in awhile to give an update, spread dust, say hi, stalk a chart, or whatever. A lot of us met over on the TTC thread, but many women have joined after we left and meeting the women before they graduate will help build a more unified group. I love having two threads, but it is important to remember that we really are just one big group - women in our 30s waiting for our first babe.
Good advice Emily! It would be wonderful if you started a new more organized thread. TIA! How do you want to collate the info? :

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#452 of 453 Old 05-12-2007, 11:46 AM

Good morning all! Come on over to the May thread!
#453 of 453 Old 05-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Oh! I totally forgot to add my sibling thoughts...

I have one sister who is 2.5 years younger than I am. While I love her, she is also a HUGE stressor in my life. She is very irresponsible and has had to leave the real world and go live with my mom 4 different times (for anywhere from 6months to 2 years each time) in the past 12 years in order to (her words) "get her sh&t together". Of course it NEVER works and she ends up moving out when my mom either breaks down and kicks her out, or my sister decides that Mom is the REAL reason her life is in the crapper and moves out. Blah. Such drama all the freaking time. Anyway, I KNOW the time will come when my mom will NOT be able to be my sisters safety net, at that point my sis is going to come to me and want ME to take her in and be responsible for her and that is NOT something I will do. It is going to be horrible and messy and hurtful and I am NOT looking forward to it.

I did appreciate her most of the time, when I was growing up but ONLY because my parents were so disfunctional that I needed to have someone with whom I could unite against the common enemy. However that being said, we also fought like crazy (violent terrible fights). I wouldn't say we were friends (because I would have never chosen her as a friend and she would never have chosen me) so much as teammates and companions.

My husband has one older brother (2 years older) and they are NOT friends. They don't hate each other or anything, but they certainly are not friends. Calling each other happens maybe twice a year (b-days and x-mas) and they never make active plans to see/visit with each other. Even though his parents moved around a lot (civil service) DH says he and his brother were never really friends.

So, in my personal opinion the decision to have more than one child should be made because it is in the best interests and according to the desires of the parents. Do NOT have a second babe just because you think your first one "needs" a sibling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page