Labor Experiences with RRL Tea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2007, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to see if we could get some stories of people who have used the RRL tea throughout pg, as well as the RRL infusion directly prior to labor. I read a couple on the original RRL tea drinking tribe thread but I wanted a place to compile stories and experiences of people who have successfully (or even unsuccessfully!) used the RRL tea.

I have been drinking Traditional Medicinals Pregnancy Tea for the first part of my pg (from 11-18 weeks) and my midwife suggested I buy bulk herbs rather than spending $6-7 a week on the TM brand teas... I bought 9lbs of bulk herb for $43 (blended & shipped to me), this was the recipe I used:

2lbs RRL (leaf cut)
2lbs Nettle
1lb Alfalfa
1lb Rosehips
1lb Oatstraw
1lb Spearmint leaf
1lb Strawberry leaf

That 9lbs should last me throughout the rest of this pregnancy and well into my second year of nursing as this blend is great for milk supply as well...

My midwife suggested I drink a quart of this per day (I drink it iced) and I plan on buying 2-6oz of just the plain leafcut RRL from my hfs for the labor infusion to drink (HOT) (the week??) prior to labor.

In addition to the Pg tea, I also take 3 alfalfa tablets with every meal (9x day, total) and 3 mixed veggie tabs with every meal (I'm terrible about getting enough veggies in!) (9x day, total) as well as 1000mg of Vit. C w/ bioflavonoids daily.

I will keep in touch and let everyone know how the labor goes, Anyone who has used a RRL regimine throughout pg, especially if you've done the pre-labor infusion, please check in & let us know what your results were!!

Everyone, feel free to share your stories!

Alayna

Alayna
mama to Braden (9), Caleb (3) & Julie (16 mo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM

I've been drinking a nourishment blend tea that I've made from bulk herbs very much like the one you posted and have found it to be like...gatorade for my pregnant body. Gatorade is crap, but for lack of a better analogy...it seems to fill in the blank spaces that I couldn't eat for whatever my body needed. I have way fewer cravings since starting to drink the nourishment tea.

And I've started extra, straight RRL for the last couple weeks, increasing a cup that I drink daily as each week passes until I deliver. With my first pregnancy I didn't do the nourishment tea, but I've been told that oatstraw and alfalfa do amazing things for your body, especially right after the birth, to the tune of less bleeding and having more energy. But...with my first, I think the RRL did a lot to help tone my uterus and did some early work for me, where I started labor already thinned out and dialated to 3-ish, which was nice, looking back. And drinking it pp helped contract my uterus back down, too, I think (but ds was a nursing champ, so who knows?).

I've never, ever heard anyone say anything bad about RRL...but the threads about it on here get so long and I don't keep up with reading them. I'll use it with every pregnancy, I know that.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:21 PM

This is a bit OT, but the thread has reminded me that I have a question about alfalfa tablets. I just bought some and when I read the back, it said not to take while pregnant or nursing! What's up with that?? Each tablet contains 650mg organic alfalfa leaf. Also contains Calcium Sulfate, Silica and Magnesium Stearate. Any info would be welcome, since I forgot to ask my mw at my last appt!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM

i drank TM's pregnancy & RRL leaf teas with both my previous pregnancies & had very quick & easy births. was it the tea? who knows....but i'm drinking them again this go-round. i considered buying the bulk herbs, as well, but my labors went so well the first 2 times i just stuck with the tea bags.

stephanie asl.gif

Old 03-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
i drank TM's pregnancy & RRL leaf teas with both my previous pregnancies & had very quick & easy births. was it the tea? who knows....but i'm drinking them again this go-round. i considered buying the bulk herbs, as well, but my labors went so well the first 2 times i just stuck with the tea bags.
Me too. I also drank both these teas and I had a very easy labor experience. I had DD in 7 hours (would've been less but I waited for the midwife to push) and she was on the big size (9.5 pounds). I think both this and prenatal yoga helped but who knows?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Subbing. I did the rrlt but not the infusion. Had a very easy labor and very fast recovery. Planning on doing even more rrl and the infusion this time. I'll have to get back to you in about 6 wks.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif

User Tag List