Blood in urine during pregnancy? (TMI) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-27-2007, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I posted a week or two ago about some urinary issues. This seems to be related but I'm not 100% sure. I'm 12.5 weeks pregnant and of course have to urinate frequently. But today what caught my attention was PINK on the tp when I wiped. At first I thought it was spotting, but the color was "solid," like it was watered down. Then I realized there was more pink when another 'dribble' of urine would come down. This happened again later, and eventually I called my MW who said to see her backup OB asap.

While I wait to see the doc (and take various natural immune boosters and anti-infectives), I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this before. My MW said that with my symptoms it might not be an infection in the bladder, but further up (which to me means ureters or kidneys, right?). I have no fever or back/kidney-area pain, though I have a sinus infection that makes me feel cruddy, anyway!

Beware way TMI... My full symptoms have varied a bit. Earlier today I noticed a return of this strange pain that radiates in a very precise line UP to somewhat below my navel when I finish urinating. In fact at some points today it's been pretty bad (it had completely gone away from the trouble I has posted about before). Once I notice a distinct burning when I peed, but it didn't last long. Then I had the pink, though the urine in the toilet was normal looking every time. As the day wore on the sensations returned more to normal, and the pink turned darker, almost like at the end of your period when the blood turns brown... it was almost light brown/orangey. And now I'm not noticing any discoloration and feel a lot better! There is still a certain amount of that weird sensation, but my bladder isn't noticeable ALL of the time like it was earlier, and I'm not having to go as often.

So far... I'm drinking TONS of water and taking zinc, plus I just got the garlic and am going to dig up the vit C she recommended. She said to drink 1 gallon of water, take those, and avoid sugar, caffeine, and artificial colors. Whew. And tomorrow I'll call this doc and get in as soon as I can.

Anyone have any similiar experiences so I have some idea what to expect when I go see this doc? I just have no idea what could be going on!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#2 of 2 Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently had a kidney stone and when they tested my urine (upon arriving at the hospital in extreme pain) they said there was blood in my urine, and that it's typical of a kidney stone. But it sounds like my situation was different from yours, because I had definite pain in my kidney, and then the pain got much much worse as the stone passed through my ureter.

I would suggest that you keep drinking a ton of water, and also start drinking a cup of nettle tea every day. Or nettle and dandelion leaf tea. Those herbs help support kidney function and are safe during pregnancy. I hope everything works out ok!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page