Protein in urine???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-29-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had my 32 week appt with my midwife today and in doing the urine dipstick she said that a had a trace amount of protein in my urine and that i may just need to get more protein in my diet or that maybe i didnt have enough to eat and drink today i was shopping prior to our vivst and hadnt had anything but breakfast and how she wasnt concerned at all and my bp was 128/78 so should I be worried or is it common for trace amounts of portein to show up in the third tri? Or even for the reasonings above?
#2 of 5 Old 03-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Banned

I would trust her. If it's just a trace there probably could be many reasons that it sounds like you confirmed. At 32 weeks you see her a lot more often than at 12 weeks so she is probably confident that it's a blip and if it's not resolved next time she'll take action then. I had one High bp visit with my last pregnancy. It came down by the next visit.

You are dealing with a midwife. Call her and talk to her. If she can't make you feel better with her answers we certainly can't. Call her with your fears. Maybe she can have you come back in a couple of days to check your urine and bp again. It's just a dipstick and the time it takes to do a bp check. It's certainly not going to help your bp to worry about it. Call her.
#3 of 5 Old 03-29-2007, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks but I wasnt really at all worried about my bp i know that those numbers are fine i was just telling the facts regarding the urine, As far as trusting her I do , I just wanted to find out if anyone else had experienced this or heard of this that's all, I did have a long talk with my midwife and I am confident she knows what she is doing juststhought I would toss it out there and see what others had experienced. thanks again
#4 of 5 Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 PM

My midwife found a trace of protein in my urine at the last visit... My blood pressure was 117/58 and I have no swelling. She had me up my protein intake and wasn't worried about it at all. From what I hear, it's fairly common to have a trace amount of spillage once in a while.
#5 of 5 Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 PM

I wouldn't worry about it at this point. But it is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page