Is liquid chlorophyll safe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2007, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really need to get my iron up. I bought Floradix at Whole Foods, but never took it because I got nervous about the herbs in it. So I took it back and exchanged it for liquid chlorophyll. I just looked at the bottle and it's made from alfalfa. Alfalfa isn't supposed to be safe when you're pregnant. But I've seen lots of people here say that they take it. So I looked for other brands online and they are all made from alfalfa. I'm super nervous because of my previous m/c, but I really want to take it because I feel like crap. So is it safe? Please tell me it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2007, 04:38 PM

I take alfafa during pregnancy and I got it specifically for lactation during pregnancy. My m/w also recommended it, so I have never heard of it not being safe. Just my opinion and research, though.

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

Old 04-02-2007, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraRose View Post
I take alfafa during pregnancy and I got it specifically for lactation during pregnancy. My m/w also recommended it, so I have never heard of it not being safe. Just my opinion and research, though.
Really? I could have sworn I read it wasn't safe last time I was pg. Maybe it was something else. Off to look again...........
Old 04-02-2007, 04:41 PM

My midwife recommended 2 Tbsp daily or 4 Tbsp if iron levels were low! No problems! Also, it's fantastic for after the birth as well to help you heal better and give baby Vit. K through breastmilk
Old 04-02-2007, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish4ever View Post
My midwife recommended 2 Tbsp daily or 4 Tbsp if iron levels were low! No problems! Also, it's fantastic for after the birth as well to help you heal better and give baby Vit. K through breastmilk
I just looked it up and it does appear that it's safe. Woohoo! My bottle recommends 1 tbsp, but since my iron is low I guess I'll start with 2. Thanks guys!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:44 PM

I've never heard of alfalfa not being safe. I just started chlorophyll as well at a midwife's recommendation. My only concern is that it could detox too much.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 04-02-2007, 05:13 PM

I have taken it with all but this pregnancy. I have a bottle but just been to lazy to take it :

Yes as far as I know its safe.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 PM

My midwife recommended both the chlorophyll and the floradix. I've never heard of either being unsafe during pregnancy.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 PM

YES! Very good for you. You can take it everyday!

Alfalfa is great for your pregnant body! Full of vitamins/nutrients. Liquid chlorophyll is the same. Chlorophyll can give you an energy boost and help with nausea. It's basically concentrated greens.

I started taking daily liquid chlorophyll about half way thru my pregnancy with DD. I would put a dropper (use a straw with your finger as the stopper) in my morning drink. Careful, it STAINS!

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

User Tag List